Pro Wrestling Only

[1997-10-13-WCW-Nitro] Scott Hall & Syxx vs Rick & Scott Steiner

Loss

• 2 weeks later...

I was here live for this Nitro and this tag match had the crows going nuts. Even better that it was Waltman and Hall defending. The crotched bronco buster spot got over huge with me and my other 11 yr old friends. I can remember getting into a big WCW/NWO dueling chant. On a side note Bubba the Love Sponge who at the time was about 450 lbs wrestled either Knobs or Jimmy Hart j can't remember. The funniest part was him needing a step ladder to get into the ring from the side.

• 1 month later...

Last few minutes. Nash is injured at this point I believe, so Syxx is subbing for Nash. Rick is FIP, which is different. Some great false finishes here, specifically when Hall pulls the referee out of the ring. They tease that the NWO has gotten themselves DQd to keep the belts, but it's not to be. Larry ends up counting the fall and the Steiners win the tag titles. Big pop for the finish.

• 2 weeks later...

Hall and Nash finally defending the tag titles. Well, Syxx is filling in for Kevin. Nobody seems to question Larry’s authority to come down and count the three for the Steiners winning the belts. Crowd loved it as WCW cuts some corners for their own advantage. Might as well fight back like that.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The Steiners were still crazy over, but they were really boring to me at this point. Just a bunch of big spots and Rick doing the selling. Ugh. The Faces of Fear and Mortis & Wrath were the ones having interesting matches together, plus the Steiners have been an afterthought since they choked at Road Wild. Yeah, big heat, but Syxx defending in place of Nash and a non referee doing the count make it way too screwy to me. The tag belts were still dead at this point, and the upcoming months won't help.

• 1 year later...

Not really a good match, but heated. One of a small handful of Steiner bouts where Rick plays FIP. His block of the Bronco Buster gets the crowd going, and the finish is clever and well-done, as they tease yet another screwjob, but licensed referee Larry Zbyszko ends up counting out both NWO guys and the Steiners finally have the tag titles for real. Still, to call this payoff overdue would be putting it mildly.

• 2 years later...
On 9/10/2014 at 4:04 PM, El-P said:

The Steiners were still crazy over, but they were really boring to me at this point. Just a bunch of big spots and Rick doing the selling. Ugh. The Faces of Fear and Mortis & Wrath were the ones having interesting matches together, plus the Steiners have been an afterthought since they choked at Road Wild. Yeah, big heat, but Syxx defending in place of Nash and a non referee doing the count make it way too screwy to me. The tag belts were still dead at this point, and the upcoming months won't help.

But still, it was fun to see WCW using the NWO's own tactics against them to get the upper hand. Especially considering how the Steiners were screwed more than once by Bischoff & The Outsiders out of the tag titles in 1997. Personally, it should've happened earlier that year but at least, they finally put the trigger on it.

• GSR changed the title to [1997-10-13-WCW-Nitro] Scott Hall & Syxx vs Rick & Scott Steiner