Pro Wrestling Only

Money in the Bank 2013

Ricky Jackson

Posted Image

I thought I was going to watch this show with a buddy at his place, but that plan is out the window, so I guess I'll just sit on the couch, have a few beers, stream this bad boy on my laptop and hang out with the PWO crew instead. Who needs the company of real, physical human beings anyway? :) My wife is out of town for the next few days and I've decided to spend most of my free time watching wrestling while she's gone. Last night was full of random matches like Piper/Shultz vs the Invaders, 2/20/84 MSG (pretty good BTW), Sting/Vader, Bash 92, War Games 94, and that wonderful Lucha match from 91 with the Ninja Turtles and Robin Hood. Tonight should be a good show, probably a contender for show of the year if all goes well. I haven't watched much WWE since the Raw after Mania, but with the show being in Philly and a decent card on paper, I'm excited. Let's look at the card:

Pre-Show--The Shield (Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns) © vs. The Usos (Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso), Tag Titles Can't see the Shield losing this one unless the plan is to totally bury them for the next few months.

AJ Lee © vs. Kaitlyn It would be nice for something different and have a crazy intense brawl between the women for a change, but most likely short and forgettable. AJ I guess?

Curtis Axel © vs. The Miz, IC title Not really interested in either guy to be honest. You would think Axel should retain.

Chris Jericho vs. Ryback Ryback has to win this doesn't he?

Alberto Del Rio © vs. Dolph Ziggler, World title I'm thinking they may wait until Summerslam and a blow-off match for Ziggler to regain the strap, but who knows.

John Cena © vs. Mark Henry, WWE title I'm thinking a non-finish of some sort, but a Cena win or Henry win wouldn't really surprise me.

Wade Barrett vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Damien Sandow vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Fandango vs. Jack Swagger vs. Antonio Cesaro, World title MITB I'm hoping for either Cesaro, Sandow or Fandango. Ambrose has the US strap, so I don't think they give him this one. Rhodes and Swagger seem like the longest shots. A lot of people are picking Barrett it seems, but I'm not very hot on the guy. My gut says Barrett, or maybe Fandango.

CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton vs. Sheamus vs. Christian vs TBD vs. Rob Van Dam, WWE title MITB So who is going to be the mystery entrant? Seems too early for Wyatt. Who else fits in storyline wise? Anyway, I think RVD, Christian and Orton are longshots. Bryan seems like the favorite, and Punk has won it twice before, which would seem to suggest he wouldn't win this one, but again, who knows. Sheamus might actually be the guy. It depends on what story they plan on telling going forward. Could be the mystery guy. Tough call, but I'm actually leaning towards Sheamus for some reason.

Maybe it's because I haven't been following the booking very closely, but it seems like a hard card to predict. Should be fun. What do you guys think about the winners, mystery guy, etc.?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pre-Show--The Shield (Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns) © vs. The Usos (Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso),

- Ths Shield should win but some podcast (forget which one, maybe LEs Thatcher?), said that Vince is cold on one of the Shield members so I could see the USOs getting the upset. Still picking Shield.

AJ Lee © vs. Kaitlyn

- I'll be pissing

Curtis Axel © vs. The Miz,

- Axel

Chris Jericho vs. Ryback

- I say Ryback loses by DQ or interference... hugs Vickie after.

Alberto Del Rio © vs. Dolph Ziggler, World title

- Del Rio retains.

John Cena © vs. Mark Henry, WWE title

- I think Cena retains.

Wade Barrett vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Damien Sandow vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Fandango vs. Jack Swagger vs. Antonio Cesaro,

- I really want Antonio to win this one.

CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton vs. Sheamus vs. Christian vs TBD vs. Rob Van Dam

- RVD gets taken out by whoever he is feuding with next. DB is already getting the Summerslam build. Punk doesn't need it. They are cold on Sheamus. I am going with Orton.

Paul Heyman's Twitter posted a picture of his children visiting the ECW arena:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPKVVRdCAAA7gdi.jpg

Pretty sure the "Vince is mad at the Shield" is a fake story being planted by WWE to further the Vince/HHH feud like how Vince is supposedly upset HHH opened the new training center without his approval.

Unless you count this as ribbing on the square. Vince shaking their hands kind of like that skit where CM Punk smelt booze on Serena Deeb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8yFoeZb2as

Also two weeks ago the Cranky Vince account tweeted this:

Posted Image

Cody Rhodes will make a brilliant fiery underdog face judging by that evidence. Hopefully this constitutes a turn, his heel character is really dull.

The match itself was fun. The first half seemed a bit awkward, and the dynamic between the workers wasn't the best. After that there were some really innovative spots, mostly involving Dean Ambrose who I was certain would win. Not sure what Sandow gets from this, nobody buys him seriously as a world title threat and if they do put the strap on him it will seem ridiculously premature.