Pro Wrestling Only

Money in the Bank 2013

Ricky Jackson

Pretty dreadful show in my opinion. The wrestling was so fucking predictable without ever being noticeably bad. Too many people looked like they were just going through the motions, too many matches just did the minimum possible to get by and look respectable. The booking decisions were horrendous, and all of them played out really badly. At least SkySports showed it for free, I'd have felt ripped off if I'd paid for it.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWE Title MITB

That match was extremely long and had the worst booking decision I've seen ever.

As much as I don't give a fuck about Orton, I actually have zero problem with the decision. Orton is a guy that needs something like MITB to justify a title run or any interest in a title match. He's just that stale/overexposed. A MITB cash in is also probably the best possible way to turn him heel which desperately needs to happen. I almost expect Bryan to somehow beat Cena and have Orton cash in on him immediately in your Hardy/Punk 2.0 scenario.

As a match I agree that it was longish, but Sheamus being the bump freak of the match was awesome. Also Bryan was the most Mark Briscoeish I've ever seen him here.

On Henry v. Cena I thought it was an awesome match, but it's exactly the sort of match that will have almost no resonance to people who aren't Henry or Cena converts. I'm not sure it's my WWE MOTY (I definitely can't see it ahead of Ohno v. Regal if you consider that WWE and you should), but WWE ppvs have been unusually dismal this year and this is probably the best WWE ppv match I've seen this year if nothing else (Elimination Chamber Shield Six-Man would be a contender). I also have zero problem with Henry losing and this is coming from a guy who turned down free tickets to Mania because I hated the way Henry was booked going into that show. I would ave preferred him lose by pinfall, but that's a relatively minor complaint.

I had work and missed the majority of the show, but it seems like it's worth going back to check it out so I will

You are on the money with Cena/Bryan.....Orton cashing in after DB beats Cena would be the ultimate heel move.

Pretty dreadful show in my opinion. The wrestling was so fucking predictable without ever being noticeably bad. Too many people looked like they were just going through the motions, too many matches just did the minimum possible to get by and look respectable. The booking decisions were horrendous, and all of them played out really badly. At least SkySports showed it for free, I'd have felt ripped off if I'd paid for it.

I like how anarchistxx reviews WWE, like I review New Japan

I though Sheamus was going to die when he took that awkward bump off the ladder. I wasn't too excited to see Orton win, but it didn't kill the overall show for me. In fact, Henry tapping out deflated me more than the ladder match. It did seem like they were intentionally not giving that particular crowd the winners they wanted, which is always amusing when WWE does that.

The deal with DB winning is that he's getting the SS match anyway so he didn't need it. It cheapens the MITB when someone wins it and wants a match weeks away....you cash it in on the spot.

They still have to figure out how he gets the title shot. It's going to be a beat the clock or battle royal or whatever. I think Bryan winning and saying that he was cashing in at Summerslam would be a much more believable way to give him momentum than any of the usual suspects.

Kris is right, in hindsight there was really no reason Bryan needed the MITB. Hell they can easily have Maddox, HHH, Vince, whoever the fuck, come out tomorrow and say "Bryan was clearly going to win before Axel interfered, so he gets the shot against Cena at Summerslam" and it would actually be a perfectly reasonable thing to do even without the Bella's stuff.

The first episode of Total Divas airs in two weeks...so they have 2 more weeks after that of those shows and 3 episodes of RAW/SD each to work with after that.

I think regarding Axel it was wrong place wrong time with DB....they may do a TV match or two but I don't think a feud is in the works because with Axel he can't go over Bryan if Cena is in the cards.

It wouldn't shock me if they ran Punk/Bryan v. Brock/Axel at Summerslam.

This occurred to me too, but it seems to me silly to have Brock work the supposed #2 PPV of the year in a tag match that could only be for building up a bigger match in him vs Punk, to then take place at a future B PPV.

I can completely believe that they would run that on say the go-home Raw or something though, which is even stupider, but there you go.

If not Cena/Bryan at Summerslam though, what to do with Cena? Seems difficult to go back to Henry after that. RVD? They have no real challengers for him anymore. Just babyfaces that people like more than him.

WWE Title MITB

That match was extremely long and had the worst booking decision I've seen ever.

As much as I don't give a fuck about Orton, I actually have zero problem with the decision. Orton is a guy that needs something like MITB to justify a title run or any interest in a title match. He's just that stale/overexposed. A MITB cash in is also probably the best possible way to turn him heel which desperately needs to happen. I almost expect Bryan to somehow beat Cena and have Orton cash in on him immediately in your Hardy/Punk 2.0 scenario.

As a match I agree that it was longish, but Sheamus being the bump freak of the match was awesome. Also Bryan was the most Mark Briscoeish I've ever seen him here.

On Henry v. Cena I thought it was an awesome match, but it's exactly the sort of match that will have almost no resonance to people who aren't Henry or Cena converts. I'm not sure it's my WWE MOTY (I definitely can't see it ahead of Ohno v. Regal if you consider that WWE and you should), but WWE ppvs have been unusually dismal this year and this is probably the best WWE ppv match I've seen this year if nothing else (Elimination Chamber Shield Six-Man would be a contender). I also have zero problem with Henry losing and this is coming from a guy who turned down free tickets to Mania because I hated the way Henry was booked going into that show. I would ave preferred him lose by pinfall, but that's a relatively minor complaint.

I had work and missed the majority of the show, but it seems like it's worth going back to check it out so I will

You are on the money with Cena/Bryan.....Orton cashing in after DB beats Cena would be the ultimate heel move.

Agreed, and I'm kind of expecting that to be the direction. You never know with WWE, but that seems the obvious way to go. They've built up this Bryan-Orton stuff for a while now and it feels like they've been delaying the Orton heel turn forever (I thought it would happen at Mania), so the briefcase has to tie into that I would think.

Thought the show was fun but not great. World Title MITB was the match of the night, followed by Cena-Henry and Ziggler-Del Rio. Cody Rhodes turning face in the MITB match even before Sandow turned on him was shocking to me. Was also surprised at how over Fandango was. I saw a lot of people the last few weeks saying the match wouldn't work because it was all heels, but I thought that idea was stupid. 1) It was in philly. 2) It's a spot match which always pops the crowd. 3) You knew Ambrose at least would be the babyface of the match, and he was. Ambrose, Fandango, Cody and Claudio all got face heat.

They are clearly going to push the shit out of Total Divas so I can't see them not doing Cena v Bryan. You know Kevin Dunn is busting a nut backstage just thinking about it. I really hope they don't do Bryan v Axel. I'm going to second what Dylan said earler. Bryan wins at SS only for Orton to cash in and turn heel that night. I don't want to be on the net after that happens.

and word is that Vince and Kevin Dunn are crazy about Brad Maddox and think he's dreamy looking. Hence the angle last week

I'll succumb to Dylan's argument about Orton here. I fucking hate Randy Orton and find him completely uninteresting but I think it can work if he cashes in the MITB on Bryan at Summerslam. He might actually become relevant again and this is the perfect catalyst for that.