Pro Wrestling Only

Money in the Bank 2013

Ricky Jackson

Pretty nondescript since the opener. Axel hasn't convinced me, very bland to say the least. Him against Miz was as boring and average as it sounds.

The women's match surprised me, although I didn't pay too much attention. Sloppy at times. I liked the finish.

Ryback/Jericho was another by-the-numbers type match, nothing to make it stand out. Horrible finish too, didn't seem to further any kind of storyline.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Del Rio/Ziggler is the feud that will never end. They need to get the belt back on Dolph as soon as possible, Del Rio is close to getting X-Pac heat at the minute. Have they ditched the annoying personal ring announcer? Finish was predictable and unrewarding. They obviously tried with the match and there were a couple of decent spots, but if you have no connection with the workers or the characters it makes no difference.

Del Rio vs. Ziggler

- Finish reminds me of Austin-Angle from Summerslam 2001 where the crowd wanted to see a change and they leave them wanting. MAn, that crowd was hot for Ziggler

John Cena vs. Mark Henry

- Man, Mark Henry is great at building drama in matches. But fuck that finish. I don't think they are going to give the crowd one result they want all night.

Cena/Henry followed the trend of the night by being just about there. Nothing was particularly good, except for the Henry control segment early on which was fun. The STFU is the worst looking submission move ever, in the hands of Cena anyway. The final application looked so weak, almost embarrassing that he tapped to that. All a bit underwhelming, although it was always going to be a placeholder feud.

I don't see how else it could have worked. They're building to Cena vs Bryan at Summerslam and especially to Bryan winning the case. Everything they've done on TV for a month was leading towards it. Bryan was much more the centerpiece of the show than the Cena/Henry feud. On the one hand, I think Bryan vs Cena could have been an attraction match, if only because they DID build him, but in that case, with the belt and the case not involved, I don't know how they would have built to it.

I also don't know who they would have put up against World Champion Henry except for maybe Orton and that doesn't seem like enough to main event Summerslam to me (nor does Bryan vs Cena sans belt).

This is pretty much the way it had to be.

The only reason it had to be that way is because they are going with Cena-BD. However, BD-Henry would have been fucking awesome fighting over the RAW belt instead of the secondary SD! championship. I get that they had to have Cena keep the belt but it felt like tonight should have been Henry's night.

The more I think about it, the more I really think they should keep building up Daniel Bryan and have RVD win this match, setting up Cena vs RVD for Summerslam. Van Dam will never be hotter than he will be right after his return, so they should try to draw money with him before the window closes. In a few months, he'll be Just Another Guy.

The main event was underwhelming to say the least, as poor a ladder match as I have seen in a long while. Really badly laid out, a terrible mess given the talent involved. Horrifically slow pace, loads of sitting around, shitty strikes, utterly generic ladder spots. They picked it up slightly for the stretch but still couldn’t call it a good match. The finish was terrible as well, the crowd didn’t give a fuck about Orton.

RVD and Bryan were the saving graces, crazily over and was the only ones who showed any type of charisma or connection with the crowd. Punk looks in bad shape and unmotivated. Sheamus should probably go heel, his joke cracking smiley happy lame face character is the pits and he got serious heat tonight. The Heyman turn was predictable and uninteresting, especially since they did a similar face wrestler/heel manager turn with AJ and Ziggler earlier on.

They should have really pushed the button on both Ziggler and RVD tonight, when they are at the peak of their freshness and popularity. If RVD does get a title shot in a few months the aura will be lost, after months of pointless defeats on Raw and underwhelming feuds with the vacuous midcard.

WWE Title MITB

That match was extremely long and had the worst booking decision I've seen ever.

As much as I don't give a fuck about Orton, I actually have zero problem with the decision. Orton is a guy that needs something like MITB to justify a title run or any interest in a title match. He's just that stale/overexposed. A MITB cash in is also probably the best possible way to turn him heel which desperately needs to happen. I almost expect Bryan to somehow beat Cena and have Orton cash in on him immediately in your Hardy/Punk 2.0 scenario.

As a match I agree that it was longish, but Sheamus being the bump freak of the match was awesome. Also Bryan was the most Mark Briscoeish I've ever seen him here.

On Henry v. Cena I thought it was an awesome match, but it's exactly the sort of match that will have almost no resonance to people who aren't Henry or Cena converts. I'm not sure it's my WWE MOTY (I definitely can't see it ahead of Ohno v. Regal if you consider that WWE and you should), but WWE ppvs have been unusually dismal this year and this is probably the best WWE ppv match I've seen this year if nothing else (Elimination Chamber Shield Six-Man would be a contender). I also have zero problem with Henry losing and this is coming from a guy who turned down free tickets to Mania because I hated the way Henry was booked going into that show. I would ave preferred him lose by pinfall, but that's a relatively minor complaint.

I had work and missed the majority of the show, but it seems like it's worth going back to check it out so I will

god how deflating. bryan looks to win it, suddenly the person the crowd cares least about in the whole promotion comes out to dead silence. orton was just about the least interesting choice to win. i didnt think the match was bad and thought the beginning was actually quite good, and probably better than the first match as a whole. still both mitbs were underwhelming. ziggler/adr was underwhelming but still good, though AJ coming out killed the crowd and gave the match an awkward feel overall. cena/henry was fucking great though so hey there's that. sorta glad i didnt spend the money for tickets as i was considering since i live in philly. still i decided to pay for it so i'd be sure to have a stable stream for cena/henry which i've wanted to see forever. i'll just focus on the cena/henry positive. oh, and the ending of the first mitb was great.

6.5/10