Pro Wrestling Only

Summerslam Live Thoughts

goodhelmet

Del Rio v. Christian was pretty awesome. It felt a bit rushed, but they made the most of their time and managed to have a match that delivered with big bumps, psychology, solid transitions, good counters and a good finish that played off the early armwork. I have really enjoyed Del Rio this year as a whole and Christian looks to be hitting his groove also. Post-match Del Rio promo was interesting.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I would love to see that fight. Hopefully Drew Mac came out with some battle scars as well.

As for the match? ADR/Christian was great, crowd was super hot for Christian's near falls. He also sold the shoulder like a boss and looked like a real threat to win. Definitely better than I expected, as I haven't been in love with Del Rio's TV matches but he was more aggressive here and came across like a no nonsense heel instead of just someone with a boring schtick on the mic.

His post-match promo had me expecting a Misterio return but perhaps that's down the line, or was just done to take advantage of the location.

Per Meltz

The black eye Del Rio wil come out with and all the bruises on his face were the result of a fight either last night or today. Apparently Del Rio and Drew McIntyre ended up a big fight, I think with other people, and as far as what happened I don't know other than both were all beaten up when they showed up back at the hotel.

I know they were at a soccer match last night so that makes sense.

:lol: What? I'm genuinely curious about what circumstances would result in this fight at a football match.

I think Christian/Del Rio will be the front runner for MOTN depending on how bogged down in overbooking Cena/Bryan is. Christian is a guy who has been a tremendous babyface since he returned in 2009 but when he's been given the chance, he's proven he can translate it to main event matches. It's just a shame he's not in a company that cares.

This divas match now reminds me of how much I don't like the return of high waisted attire by females

My wife and I were just having a discussion about that. Hard look to pull off.

Liked Brie's reversal of the sharpshooter into the turnbuckle.

Also, I love that one of the Funkadactyls fights without dropping her pom poms.

CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar

- This was amazing and I think it may be my WWE MOTY at the moment. I'll have to look at the other great matches. Punk had two strategies... get the higher ground which worked sometimes (top, flying knee) or chop down the tree which is exactly what you want in a size mismatch. Lesnar decimated the back and Punk's comebacks were awesome. The storyline with Heyman was well played and the finish was perfect for the story being told. Fucking Awesome!