Pro Wrestling Only

Titans of Wrestling #6

Join us again for Titans of Wrestling. We're in November 1979 now, and seeing Hogan's WWF debut is absolutely fascinating. Also, watch Dominic Denucci and Great Arab Hussein invent ECW -- not one to be missed!

http://placetobenation.com/titans-of-wrest...-november-1979/

titans6.png

Join Parv, James, Kelly, Pete and the one and only Johnny Sorrow once again for more WWF in 1979.

On the docket tonight:

11-03 BOBBY DUNCUM vs BILL BERGER ALL STAR WRESTLING

11-03 GREAT HUSSEIN ARAB vs DOMINIC DENUCCI CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING

11-03 LARRY ZBYSZKO vs BILLY COLEMAN CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING

11-17 WILD SAMOANS vs DOMINIC DENUCCI/JOHNNY RIVERA ALL STAR WRESTLING

11-17 HULK HOGAN vs HARRY VALDEZ DEBUT CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING

11-17 BATTLE ROYAL PHILADELPHIA SPECTRUM

11-17 JAY STRONGBOW vs BOBBY DUNCUM PHILADELPHIA SPECTRUM

11-17 BOB BACKLUND vs PAT PATTERSON WWF TITLE PHILADELPHIA SPECTRUM

11-30 BOB BACKLUND vs ANTONIO INOKI WWF TITLE JAPAN

Also on tonight's show:

- James debuts a new feature: "on this day in 1979"

- Kelly's jobber bio marathon, plus bios for The Wild Samoans, Hulk Hogan, and Gorilla Monsoon

- Who would Dominic Denucci be in The Godfather?

- Who were the best Samoan team?

- Johnny channels Gary Michael Cappetta to introduce the 18-man battle royal

- And loads more fun and nonsense

The PWO-PTBN Podcast Network features great shows you can find right here at Place to Be Nation. By subscribing on iTunes or SoundCloud, you’ll have access to new episodes, bonus content, as well as a complete archive of: Where the Big Boys Play, Titans of Wrestling, Pro-Wrestling Super-Show, Good Will Wrestling, and Wrestling With the Past.

O shit, I was wondering if you were going to do Backlund's stuff in Japan. That stuff is so friggin' good. I have never actually watched his '79 stuff with Inoki, but his '78 match in Japan with Inoki is something I would rank higher than the Valentine '79 draw. Backlund/Dusty in Japan is an easy contender for Dusty's greatest match and Backlund/Hansen '80 Japan is just as good as you think it would be. Plus you are getting closer to the epic Backlund/Hogan match in Philly. Shit really getting revved up now.

Johnny, once again we share some commonalities...I also dropped for the first time, not at a Floyd Concert but listening to Floyd...

As for the band Parv, simply put, they are to me the GOAT...period....

Is the Wall the best? No, its not...but its definately crap...

I go:

1. Wish You Were Here

2. Animals

3. Dark Side

4. Wall

That is my top 4....

But the Wall also contains two MAJOR Floyd things:

1. The best solo of all time for them, Comfortably Numb

2. The song by which most people will say they know (Brick In The Wall II)

I would say that makes for a really good work of art...

As for wrestling...great show as always....you guys bring the goodness.......

Actually, when I was going back through The Wall to find a closing track for this ep, I sort of rekindled my love for the Floyd a bit, I really enjoyed it. It's been about 10 years since I last listened to them properly. I forgot how much I'd played their key albums into the ground when I was a teenager, and the time for re-evaluation might have come.

O shit, I was wondering if you were going to do Backlund's stuff in Japan. That stuff is so friggin' good. I have never actually watched his '79 stuff with Inoki, but his '78 match in Japan with Inoki is something I would rank higher than the Valentine '79 draw. Backlund/Dusty in Japan is an easy contender for Dusty's greatest match and Backlund/Hansen '80 Japan is just as good as you think it would be. Plus you are getting closer to the epic Backlund/Hogan match in Philly. Shit really getting revved up now.

Forget Inoki, this week it's all about "Hardcore" Dominic fucking Denucci!

Outstanding Super 8 photoshop job! He is a legend. What happened to the mail bag? Did Parv run out of stamps?

This is the Dominic Denucci breakout YouDiscTube set. Nice to have James back. This was a great disc. Couple squash matches but a good build for Duncum towards Backlund. Skaaland finally got his ass kicked for the crap he was doing. This is the most action we have seen from Albano so far (including all the matches he was involved in) with him laying the boots to Golden Boy. Loved Backlund running down but taking the time to take off his jacket, ignoring Duncum continuing to kick Skaaland's ass and instead going after Albano. Fun segment.

That Hussein/Denucci match was off the charts. Do not fuck with Dominic Denucci. Hussein hits a chair shot to the stomach and Denucci absolutely loses his shit and goes insane. I would not want to mess with him. Was laughing my ass off at him swinging the chair at Hussein, Blassie! and even threatening the midget referee and not getting disqualified for all this. Blassie continuing to push Hussein back towards Denucci was great as you knew he wanted nothing to do with Dominic at this point. What a blast.

Larry has been pretty mediocre as a face. Match has Bruno glowingly putting him over the whole time. I thought the Samoans looked great. A team you didn't want to mess around with but there you had crazy Denucci trying to headbutt them. Rivera's arm was hanging out there during the Samoan Drop. Could have been nasty if landed wrong.

Vince is totally lusting for Hogan. Bruno is almost at a loss for words. Hulk is huge at this point. Thought he was pretty stiff with Valdez. Hulk even hints up a match with McMahon in the future!

I had to rewatch the Denucci elimination. Planned as it is he took a pretty bad bump on his neck on the ring apron before crashing to the floor. I can only imagine those training sessions with Mick Foley where he is suggesting on day one for Mick to do a flat back bump off the ring apron onto the concrete floor. Battle Royal was a mess and did get a good laugh of of Swede applying a bear hug right off the start. The finish with Valiants was fun and crowd popped huge for Putski winning.

Loved Johnny's Gorilla Monsoon bio. I can understand him only allowed being able to do them rarely as he could talk forever on these guys and get totally sidetracked. Great job by Kelly doing all the jobber bios too. It was nice to be able to see Backlund/Inoki "title change" but agreed that is was awful match. Rest of disc was really fun though.

Join us again for Titans of Wrestling. We're in November 1979 now, and seeing Hogan's WWF debut is absolutely fascinating. Also, watch Dominic Denucci and Great Arab Hussein invent ECW -- not one to be missed!

http://placetobenation.com/titans-of-wrest...-november-1979/

Posted Image

Join Parv, James, Kelly, Pete and the one and only Johnny Sorrow once again for more WWF in 1979.

On the docket tonight:

11-03 BOBBY DUNCUM vs BILL BERGER ALL STAR WRESTLING

11-03 GREAT HUSSEIN ARAB vs DOMINIC DENUCCI CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING

11-03 LARRY ZBYSZKO vs BILLY COLEMAN CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING

11-17 WILD SAMOANS vs DOMINIC DENUCCI/JOHNNY RIVERA ALL STAR WRESTLING

11-17 HULK HOGAN vs HARRY VALDEZ DEBUT CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING

11-17 BATTLE ROYAL PHILADELPHIA SPECTRUM

11-17 JAY STRONGBOW vs BOBBY DUNCUM PHILADELPHIA SPECTRUM

11-17 BOB BACKLUND vs PAT PATTERSON WWF TITLE PHILADELPHIA SPECTRUM

11-30 BOB BACKLUND vs ANTONIO INOKI WWF TITLE JAPAN

Also on tonight's show:

- James debuts a new feature: "on this day in 1979"

- Kelly's jobber bio marathon, plus bios for The Wild Samoans, Hulk Hogan, and Gorilla Monsoon

- Who would Dominic Denucci be in The Godfather?

- Who were the best Samoan team?

- Johnny channels Gary Michael Cappetta to introduce the 18-man battle royal

- And loads more fun and nonsense

Awesome show as always guys! Keep up the good work!

How would one obtain a copy of this set to be able to watch and follow along with you guys?

Thanks!