Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Battleground 2013

anarchistxx

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RVD/Del Rio was fairly lackluster I thought. They just sleepwalked through a load of ladder related spots we've all seen a million times, and everything seemed ridiculously sluggish. They seemed to have no chemistry whatsoever, and for a hardcore match built on a long standing feud nobody brought the hate,or emotion, except for Del Rio for the finish which was pretty neat, even though the wrong guy won.

Del Rio is so stale right now, especially with the belt. He badly needs a bit of time out to reinvent himself and freshen up, but the office probably thinks they can't lose a 'big name' right now, the roster is thin enough as it is looking at the card. In ten years they have gone from having the most stacked roster in wrestling history to a company that arguably has no real star names working full time at the minute.

Shield (Reigns/Rollins) vs. Rhodes (Cody & Goldust)

This was really, really good with some great moments. Dustin was outstanding in this. He even did the fucking Dustin bump which I marked out huge for. The finishing run was awesome, awesome, awesome. Great stuff.

Just last night Exposer and I were talking about how Dustin is one of great tag workers of all time. Well tonight he made that match. The first portion was fine, not offensive, not great, just decent. Then Dustin tagged in and the match transformed into something outstanding almost immediately. I actually feel bad for Cody in a way because Dustin so clearly made the match and was far more over, but Cody got the big moment in the end and looked good. And Dusty got to be Dusty. Seriously Dustin is one of the best wrestlers in the World even as a part timer. With the exception of Cesaro and Bryan I don't think there is anyone else in the entire WWE better (unless you count Regal who is a part timer like him...and I'm not even sure Dustin isn't really the equal of those guys).

When was the last time WWE had such a genuinely feel-good moment? What a match and totally agreed on Goldusts sheer greatness. I think he's one of the best FIP guys ever. So does this mean we get lots more Dustin? Because I want more Rhodes vs Shield, or Goldust vs Reigns or Ambrose for the US title.