Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Battleground 2013

anarchistxx

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wyatts have already become boring as fuck. I actually thought that match was decent enough, better than one would think. As much as I hate Kofi, he's got a good hilo. Not sure why Bray Wyatt was doing elementary school field day spots, but bringing in equivalent of a "lucky tray day" gimmick for free merch at shows would be a good idea

CM Punk vs. Ryback

- Punk is really smart about taking to the air and and attacking monsters through chopping down the tree and aerial attacks. Too bad Ryback isn't Brock because when he was in control the match dies a death. Punk tried his hardest with the comeback and Heyman tried to inject some life but Ryback is really bad. Awkward finish to a bad match, maybe Punk's worst of the year.

Man I love Ryback. "I don't care" followed by that hurl into the ringpost. I wasn't really paying a lot of attention to this match. It was kind of a decent match to halfway pay attention to, but was surely way over bloated and not much to watch as a match.

Ryback is bad my ass. I thought Punk was badly exposed in this. He's got a lot of the same offense as Bryan but it doesn't look nearly as good as Bryan's and it's jarring by comparison. I thought the match was pretty decent to be honest, but it didn't have much heat, the finish was stupid, and Heyman's mid-match mic spot was dumb

Brock isn't Ryback and Ryback isn't Brock. This match wasn't no dq and probably should have been. I don't think Ryback is any better than average in the ring, but I don't see how he was bad in that match at all.

Also the big problem with anyone selling Punk's high kick is that it looks like complete dogshit and would be condemned by everyone if it was anyone other than CM Punk

Brock isn't Ryback and Ryback isn't Brock. This match wasn't no dq and probably should have been. I don't think Ryback is any better than average in the ring, but I don't see how he was bad in that match at all.

Also the big problem with anyone selling Punk's high kick is that it looks like complete dogshit and would be condemned by everyone if it was anyone other than CM Punk

It may have looked like dog shit this time but it has looked excellent against other opponents in the past who actually ate the kick. Having said that, Punk has a pretty good track record of playing underneath (Brock, Taker) whereas Ryback has been a letdown in most matches he has been in including the Henry Mania match. I honestly wish that Ryback was a face again so he could actually live up to the Goldberg chants.

Will be interesting to see if this match feels like it is "sped up" at all. They are certainly working out a "feeling each other out" segment despite losing five minutes or so

They've been regularly finishing at least 10 minutes prior to 11 in recent months so there should be something built in here. Hopefully they don't stick to that and shorten this to 22 minutes (versus closer to 30).

It may have looked like dog shit this time but it has looked excellent against other opponents in the past who actually ate the kick. Having said that, Punk has a pretty good track record of playing underneath (Brock, Taker) whereas Ryback has been a letdown in most matches he has been in including the Henry Mania match. I honestly wish that Ryback was a face again so he could actually live up to the Goldberg chants.

Ryback is currently the best week to week character in wrestling. The last thing I want is him turning face.

The idea that Punk's high kick isn't pretty consistently one of his weaker spots is completely bizarre. I'm hardly anti-Punk, but it's one of the two quirks I consistently have to ignore even in otherwise good matches because I know it's coming and the vast majority of the time it's going to look like shit.

Ryback isn't much in the ring but he had good matches more than once this year with Bryan and Cesaro. Normally I would say it's not fair to compare someone to those two because I think they are two of the best four wrestlers in the world this year, but if the idea is that Punk is having a really great year (I don't think he is, though he has had some excellent performances), it seems perfectly reasonable to note that.

Ryback is currently the best week to week character in wrestling. The last thing I want is him turning face.

The idea that Punk's high kick isn't pretty consistently one of his weaker spots is completely bizarre. I'm hardly anti-Punk, but it's one of the two quirks I consistently have to ignore even in otherwise good matches because I know it's coming and the vast majority of the time it's going to look like shit.

Ryback isn't much in the ring but he had good matches more than once this year with Bryan and Cesaro. Normally I would say it's not fair to compare someone to those two because I think they are two of the best four wrestlers in the world this year, but if the idea is that Punk is having a really great year (I don't think he is, though he has had some excellent performances), it seems perfectly reasonable to note that.

I agree with his character being great as the big bad bully from Three O'Clock High. However, he isn't very good in the ring. Also, I was live at the Bryan-Ryback match. He killed the crowd dead during the gauntlet.