Pro Wrestling Only

Questions for Antonio Cesaro?

evilclown

This video is a pretty good representation of Cesaro's wheel house:

He is the biggest WWF 1993 mark in the world he loves everything about that formative period in his life.

One of favourite Cesaro memories when he was on Edinsanantonio's podcast and Alan4L rang in at like 3am our time and took it over with tennis and soccer talk for 30-40 minutes.

A couple of questions....

- He's been used as a sort of showcase performer on NXT and Main Event, getting lots of in ring time on both shows and producing some excellent matches along the way. As a guy with his amount of talent does he enjoy those opportunities more, or the chance to be involved in storylines that appear on Raw and Smackdown but maybe don't get as much time (for example the current one with The Real Americans v.Los Matadores).

- Does Cesaro see himself as a sort of "heir" to other European wrestlers like Finlay and Regal who were known as tough guys, who worked snug and with a lot of nuance (okay maybe that part is too much) and who could work in a bunch of different roles successfully, or does he seem himself as someone more closely connected to the modern indie scene...or both?

It would be cool to hear some of these Rene Lasartesse stories Regal mentioned on Twitter.

Tell me more?

Lasartesse helped the Swiss wrestlers a bit. Lots of cardio, I think Rene was under the impression that most matches should last 20 minutes.

Maybe the correct question would be what kind of finesse he could gather from the old school guys like Lasartesse and to a lesser degree the Austrian WWA outlaws. Over the second half of the 20th century you had a couple of promotions who were basically the opposition to the Vienna Heumarkt, I don't think the people at the Heumarkt ever liked them (this is a huge understatement). I kinda like the little WWA footage that I have seen, but I just can't expect them to be as knowledgeable as the Heumarkt guys as they didn't get around that much and probably worked a lot less.

I'd like to know how working with Dutch Mantell has been for him, in terms of what he's gained from it. And also, his opinions on Jack Swagger as a tag team partner, and what sort of potential they have

I think they're an odd pairing, but I really like Swagger as a tag worker, and if they stuck with them as a duo for a while I think it would be great for both of them. They're already good at tag work and double team stuff together

Good stuff clown. I was glad my questions made the cut :)

I printed out a few from the forum but it always boils down to how they can fit into the conversation. Yours ended up being perfect.

I thought he was a fun guy to talk to, but I guess I didn't ask enough questions about backstage politics and who's dating who to satisfy some.