Pro Wrestling Only

OUCH!! Which moves make you cringe when you see them?

ajsmith_7

Turnbuckle Powerbombs look super hurty to me.

The actual bump to the buckle seems safe, what scares me is the guy delivering the move really can't see how close he is when doing it. There were a couple times watching ROH TV I thought I was going to see someone's neck broken.

Generally, anything to the chest, the upper back, the bigger the area to absorb the shot, is fine, which is why whenever someone kicks someone off a snapmare vertical down the spine, rather than near-horizontally across the upper back, I wince - there's nothing there to take the shot.

Donovan Morgan told me years ago that when Takayama snapmared him and kicked him in the spine, both of his arms temporarily went numb. Ever since then I always get shivers when seeing that spot.

And as I've said before on the headbutt, it's no different than a front-bump from height (flapjack etc), which are the easiest bumps to take because you can see exactly when the impact is and it's therefore much easier to time than a back bump.

Speaking of flapjacks, Kikuchi took one of the most insane cringe worthy flapjacks in match against Furnas/Kroffat when he landed directly on the top of his head.

The cop-killer/double stomp combo that Homicide and Low ki used on Jay Lethal at Manhattan Mayhem in 2005 was particularly nasty looking, can't think of a non botched move that I have cringed more at...

Lethal actually said on his Kevin Steen Show interview recently that it didn't hurt at all.