05-19 PATTERSON/PUTSKI/ATLAS vs SAMOANS/MAIVIA MADISON SQUARE GARDEN

06-14 HARLEY RACE vs FRANK WILLIAMS CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING

06-28 TONY ATLAS –KEN PATERA ARM WRESTLING CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING

07-12 LARRY ZBYSZKO REFUSES TO TALK TO TONY GAREA CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING

07-26 BOB BACKLUND vs KEN PATERA WWF TITLE PHILADELPHIA SPECTRUM

07-26 ANDRE THE GIANT vs HULK HOGAN PHILADELPHIA SPECTRUM

Highlights include:

- Kelly tells a story of his wife’s 1980 WWF related encounter

- This week’s debate: is there such a thing as too much heat for a rulebreaker?

- Thoughts on battle royals and arm wrestling contests

- Kelly’s bio for legendary jobber Frank Williams, plus a rant about “the pure jobbersâ€

- Plus Tony Garea!!

The PWO-PTBN Podcast Network features great shows you can find right here at Place to Be Nation. By subscribing on iTunes or SoundCloud, you’ll have access to new episodes, bonus content, as well as a complete archive of: Where the Big Boys Play, Titans of Wrestling, Pro-Wrestling Super-Show, Good Will Wrestling, and Wrestling With the Past.

More Tor Kamata -

Tor Kamata was born on March 9, 1937 in Hawaii. He was an actor, known for Stampede Wrestling (1957), The Joe Piscopo New Jersey Special (1986) and Magnum, P.I. (1980). He died on July 23, 2007 in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.

Wonder if he had a SAG Card...

Matlock (TV Series)

Oriental Wrestler at Gym

- The Annihilator (1987) ... Oriental Wrestler at Gym (uncredited)

1984 Magnum, P.I. (TV Series)

Bodyguard #1

- Mac's Back (1984) ... Bodyguard #1 (as Tor Kamaka)

• 3 weeks later...

"How can you bury what was never above ground" - Kelly with fuckin line of the century.

----------------------------------

This is the best episode ever. In a 20 minute stretch, you get everyone no-selling a random Parkinson comment, Parv telling a story about losing an arm wrestling contest at 11, and Pete working Johnny. I am friggin' dying. You all should be baseball announcers. You could make any 3 hour game entertaining.

"Teen Titan" Marty Sleeze, how come you guys did not tell me you already had a moniker for me! :) I got a good kick out of that. Too bad I did not listen to Titans until now.

O and Johnny, I listen to the podcast while getting laid. When you are putting out 3 hour podcasts and you watch as much wrestling as I do you have to learn to multi-task. :D

• 2 weeks later...

That Texas Death Match between Backlund and Patera totally blew me away. Had never seen it before. Just absolutely loved it. As vulnerable as we have seen Backlund look. Amazing crowd heat. I see that it didn't make the first WWF 80's set. Going to guess it was maybe not available when that set was released? If I'm doing a ballot now, it would be way up there. Just loved it. Great story about Tor Kamata! It can be a small world sometimes. Thought the battle royal was a fun one with Larry's antics. Hanging outside on the apron seems risky as far as getting eliminated. Johnny really does like Tony Garea. A young Sylvester Stallone must have been in attendance for one of those arm wrestling contests. The second Patera/Backlund match was disappointing. Monsoon was doing the same stuff as a referee that he would always complain about on commentary. Physically touching the other wrestlers and being biased towards one guy. He got down pretty quick for pinfalls though. But he was way too involved. Too much for even a special guest referee. Hogan versus Andre wasn't too good but agreed with those who thought they announcing wasn't playing up such a match. Too bad we don't have Dick Graham and Rudman doing commentary on Parv's Arm Wrestling Tournament Finals match. Another really fun show to listen to.