Pro Wrestling Only

Jeff Jarrett leaves TNA

Steven

It seems Jeff has left TNA. He hasn't disclosed why yet, but the past few years, the relationship between he and Dixie seemed to be rocky. Is it another effect of TNA downsizing?

https://twitter.com/JeffJarrettTNA/statuses...197084347006977

Yeah, people leave all the time, but he was one of the founders and was apparently doing agent work in the back. He supposedly has/had a minority stake in the company too. I wonder if his relationship with his dad will improve now.

Sinking ship

My understanding was that JJ did a lot of work for the company in terms of partnerships and in foreign markets. He's been given credit for their working with AAA and NJPW for example, and spearheading the Ring Ka King deal, being a point man with Spike etc.

With the past few years of news out of TNA nothing really surprises me anymore

Random thought.

Let's say back in '99, Jarrett happily jobs to Chyna and doesn't hold Vince up for more money. As a result, when WCW dies, he's brought in on the IC/Tag Team level, is around for a few years, jobs to HBK on a random RAW in a great match, and so on, and so forth. Now, I think this means a few things, obviously. Jarrett probably ends up an Agent in WWE and/or a trainer who comes back and has a Golddust-esque run in the past few years.

But, my question is, do we even have a TNA-level company in the past 10 years? Or is the WWE alternative for the past decade a series of money mark promotions that have a six months worth of shows, then shut down?

I don't know what kind of money WCW was throwing at him but Jarrett should have weathered the Austin storm. In 2000, Austin is out and he could have politicized himself into a bigger role.

Not without Russo there fighting his corner in my opinion. From understanding people like Jim Ross were huge detractors.

If I had to guess Jeff is removing himself for conflict of interest reasons and TNA with be sold next year and the new buyer whether it be Toby Keith, Endemol or whomever will install Jeff as the President/"Wrestling guy."

This could be on the right track, as I'm sure Meltzer mentioned at one point that the lead contender to buy TNA was a group Jeff Jarrett had found.

Random thought.

Let's say back in '99, Jarrett happily jobs to Chyna and doesn't hold Vince up for more money. As a result, when WCW dies, he's brought in on the IC/Tag Team level, is around for a few years, jobs to HBK on a random RAW in a great match, and so on, and so forth. Now, I think this means a few things, obviously. Jarrett probably ends up an Agent in WWE and/or a trainer who comes back and has a Golddust-esque run in the past few years.

But, my question is, do we even have a TNA-level company in the past 10 years? Or is the WWE alternative for the past decade a series of money mark promotions that have a six months worth of shows, then shut down?

I say no. The growing pains are just too severe for most companies to survive. Jarrett, for all his faults, provided a level of stability at the top for the first handful of years until TNA grew enough to build a talent base and to be seen as a viable place to work by veterans.