Pro Wrestling Only

Good not great wrestlers

dawho5

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dick Slater feels like kind of an unfair pick because we don't have anything from his prime, though I'd rate him as "great" anyway based off stuff like the Mid-South feud with Butch Reed.

He had the great Jake Roberts feud, in 89 when he was past his prime he had a great brawl with Flair on the power hr. He had a good match with Sting on Saturday Night, and of course the Clash Tag. In the WWF he had a good match with Valentine. His Mid-Atlantic run he had a good team with Bob Orton, a strong feud with Piper, and that great match with Steamboat from Worldwide in 84.

I think the current PWO is more forgiving than iTunes but until the upgrade I'd recommend typing all your stuff in NOTEPAD not MSWord. That's plain text and doesn't automatically format stuff. Also make sure formatting is not on when you use "Add Reply" (as oppsed to "Fast Reply").

Just type it in word, cut and paste it into notepad and copy the notepad text.

• 1 month later...

We can say Rude was a good worker who could have great nights and real bad off nights. That doesn't make him average but inconsistent.

I can agree with this one. When Rude is "on", he's as fun as there is. And what a classic gimmick! My only real concern even in his great matches is that I felt he had a tendency to oversell to a cartoonish level. Part of that was the era, especially his WWF period. But he could really distract me with the silliness from time to time.

Jimmy, do you have any examples of either sub 10 minute Punk matches or matches vs. a lesser worker that you would recommend? Would like to find some hidden gems on that front.

You didn't ask me, but the RAW CM Punk vs Mark Henry match from 4/2/12 is right around 10 minutes and its one of my favorite TV matches ever.

Holy shit, that match was awesome! Loved everything about Henry here, especially the way he was both vulnerable and invincible.