Pro Wrestling Only

Grand jury investigating Jimmy Snuka's role in Nancy Argentino's death

Bix

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy has to make a living somehow. That he's able to sit behind a booth says nothing about his mental faculties. Besides, not everyone has to believe he did it.

The coroner said it was a homicide.

There was nobody else in the room.

Who did it, then?

The guy has to make a living somehow. That he's able to sit behind a booth says nothing about his mental faculties. Besides, not everyone has to believe he did it.

Who did it, then?

Not Jim Neidhart. Sorry, had to.

• 5 months later...

Who did it, then?

Coroner's are not infallible.

Secondly, whether Snucka did it or not, is a separate issue from if he's fit to stand trial now.

I'm not sure what the right answer really is at the moment. Snucka is a worker and I'm not really sure how much stock can be put into his defense attorney saying he only has about 6 months to live. But, on the other hand, if we assume Snucka is barely legally competent but only has a year or two left to live and he'll fight the trial the whole time, is it worth it to go through the full trial costs for what seems more likely to be a manslaughter conviction than a murder 1 conviction? I'm not a taxpayer in that state, so I can't weigh in exactly, and I see arguments a lot of ways on that. At the very least, most people who have followed this episode believe Snucka is at least partially responsible for Nancy's death, even if just negligence or at most outright murder.

Regardless, given Snucka's current age and condition, deterrence, rehabilitation, or incapicitation are all hard sells for pushing this prosecution, even if successful. There are other rationales, of course, for prosecuting him, especially related to the victims, retribution, and maybe a general deterrence signaling to the community, but they don't seem like slam dunks, imo. If the alternative to a trial is essentially Snucka stuck in an assisted living type situation for however long he has left that might be alright.

Not that I'm defending Snuka, but I have to imagine he has a ton of legal bills, and stuff like Wrestlecon helps him pay those bills. It might also be a strategic move from his defense. "Hey, he's an innocent man and he's going about his business and living his life." Didn't say it was a smart strategy, just that it may be a strategy.

I highly doubt WrestleCon was a defense strategy. Judges almost always hate seeing anything that looks like they are publicly being shown up, which is what this looked like--he's not competent to stand trial, but he's perfectly able to represent himself as the wrestling Jimmy Snucka and sign autographs, talk to fans, and likely share stories for $$$. I'd assume Snucka either just did it not thinking, did it because he needed the money, or figured he was golden by now and just went out to make some dough.