Pro Wrestling Only

Grand jury investigating Jimmy Snuka's role in Nancy Argentino's death

Bix

Well at least it's the family behind it and not some deranged Benoit-truther type fan.

Fuck these people. The guy beat up his girlfriend several times, until he beat her to death. Every three days of so, a woman dies because she gets beatten to death. This is bullshit. Fuck these people and fuck Snuka.

Then why not spend the precious time and money on those current victims of domestic violence (women aren't the only ones abused) instead of going after a 72 year old dude who might have done it over 30 years ago and who now has stomach cancer. At his current shape, I don't see him posing much of a danger to anyone and I have no idea why people here are so supportive of what is basically a waste of resources.

Because people should pay for their crimes. You murder someone, you should pay for that transgression. But, more to the point, the family of the victim often gains solace in knowing that the killer has been brought to justice. Bringing them that sense of closure is far from a waste of resources.

This.

It shouldn't have to be so hard that someone on a message board should spell it out.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to mention his doctor mentioned (before the grand jury came back) that he should be fine after he heals from surgery, at least as fine as a 72 year old former wrestler can be. Dave even mentioned the whole deal about being wheelchaired in to court was more of a sympathy ploy than anything else.

Well at least it's the family behind it and not some deranged Benoit-truther type fan.

Fuck these people. The guy beat up his girlfriend several times, until he beat her to death. Every three days of so, a woman dies because she gets beatten to death. This is bullshit. Fuck these people and fuck Snuka.

Then why not spend the precious time and money on those current victims of domestic violence (women aren't the only ones abused) instead of going after a 72 year old dude who might have done it over 30 years ago and who now has stomach cancer. At his current shape, I don't see him posing much of a danger to anyone and I have no idea why people here are so supportive of what is basically a waste of resources.

I don't know you why you think it's an either/or scenario. Like if only they weren't tied up with Snuka, they'd be making a grand push to help current domestic abuse victims.

Can't blame the grandchildren because they don't know any better. They are kids that will believe whatever story the family told them.

As for the rest of the family, fuck them and fuck the people that have donated money.

Can't blame the grandchildren because they don't know any better. They are kids that will believe whatever story the family told them.

As for the rest of the family, fuck them and fuck the people that have donated money.

It's also entirely possible that they just signed the grandkids'names to it. The stuff about the legal issues reads like it was written by an adult as a careful dodge.

It's also entirely possible that they just signed the grandkids'names to it. The stuff about the legal issues reads like it was written by an adult as a careful dodge.

Oh, absolutely, I'm pretty sure the children don't know anything about it, just were told to put on some Superfly t-shirts, look cute and smiley and have a picture taken to help grandpa collect some money because he's very sick.

• 8 months later...

Workers never quit working.

Certainly a 73 year old who's been taking bumps for well over half his life having dementia is not out of the realm of possibility, right? It has to be just as possible as Snuka fooling multiple doctors and lawyers and getting his family to lie under oath?

Workers never quit working.

Certainly a 73 year old who's been taking bumps for well over half his life having dementia is not out of the realm of possibility, right? It has to be just as possible as Snuka fooling multiple doctors and lawyers and getting his family to lie under oath?

I'm sure his family believes it, or at least believes he didn't kill her. I'm also sure his body is a wreck from taking bumps, if nothing else from years of doing the Superfly Splash on those hard-ass rings of the 70s/80s. All the medical tests and experts seemed to agree he's no more or less impaired mentally than any other 73 year old person.

"I don't believe he's smart enough to do it" is shockingly similar to the justification for not investigating him back in the day. The man made his money playing a "dumb savage."

Yep. That's makes the whole thing a bit eerie to be honest. That's what you get when you wait 30 years to seriously investigate. Maybe he's indeed mentally impaired now. He sure wasn't 30 years ago. Maybe he's still just fooling people now too. Who knows.

I believe Jimmy Snuka fried his brain with a combination of drugs and repeated concussions, and I also believe he was dumber than a box of rocks to start with, and none of that other stuff helped him get any smarter.

However...it all boils down to the legal criteria for mental competency. I was always under the impression that in order to be competent to stand trial, you had to understand what was going on...that you were actually on trial for example. You had to be able to assist with your defense, and you had to show some understanding of the concepts of right and wrong. (For example: killing somebody is bad. Not killing them is good.)

Regardless of Jimmy Snuka's age, intelligence, and fried brain cells, I assumed he would have met those criteria. Apparently this judge disagreed. Like sek said, I hope that judge understands how adept Pro Wrestlers are at working people 24/7. Then again, Snuka has been a bit of a babbling moron from the get go...like prior to murdering his girlfriend. So who knows?

I remember downplaying this years ago. I was completely wrong. If anything like this happened in today's environment of domestic violence awareness Snuka's career would have been finished and rightfully so.

• 4 weeks later...

Not that I'm defending Snuka, but I have to imagine he has a ton of legal bills, and stuff like Wrestlecon helps him pay those bills. It might also be a strategic move from his defense. "Hey, he's an innocent man and he's going about his business and living his life." Didn't say it was a smart strategy, just that it may be a strategy.

It's just sleazy from all sides. It pretty much just confirms what everyone suspected that Snuka was just working the judge, and it makes the Wrestlecon people look like they're enabling someone who may have gotten away with murder.