Pro Wrestling Only

Titans of Wrestling #22: WWF at Philadelphia Spectrum - November 1980

http://placetobenation.com/titans-of-wrestling-22-wwf-at-philadelphia-spectrum-november-1980/

titans22.png

The Fabulous Four are back in their second home, Philadelphia, for this card from November 1980. Don't forget to check out the dedicated Titans of Wrestling page here at Place to Be Nation, which includes downloading and listening options as well as a link to TITANS TV.

On the docket:

11-08 Ken Patera vs Bruno Sammartino

11-08 Bob Backlund vs Larry Zbyzsko (with Tony Atlas as ref)

11-08 Pedro Moralas vs The Hangman

11-08 The Samoans vs Tony Garea and Rick Martel

In this episode:

- A Family Affair: a feature on Bruno Sammartino and his Italian 'paisans'

- An update on Super 8's facial hair situation

- Tony Atlas and his perfect Y-shaped body

- One of the wrestling history's most surreal interviews featuring Tony Garea, Dick Graham and that notorious joker Kal Rudman!

- Bio for The Hangman

The PWO-PTBN Podcast Network features great shows you can find right here at Place to Be Nation. By subscribing on iTunes or SoundCloud, you’ll have access to new episodes, bonus content, as well as a complete archive of: Where the Big Boys Play, Titans of Wrestling, Pro-Wrestling Super-Show, Good Will Wrestling, and Wrestling With the Past.

• 2 weeks later...

Great show...

Two things..

First of all....

1. OK, The French help the US win the Revolution - 1-0 France

2. The US Helps France get the Germans out in WWI - 1-1

3. The US did NOT get help from France in 1812 - 1-1

4. The US AGAIN helps France, this time completely liberating them from a FULL OCCUPATION - 2-1 US

Survey Says.....Another win for the good guys....

Secondly...after all this talk of the man, I had to finally get this hand signed photo down off the wall of my man cave of a former fried of my uncle...the one, the only:

Baron.jpg

THE BARON!

Rockin the Tag Titles like a fuckin madman....dreamin of another night with Denucci!

• 3 months later...

Been too long since I have listened to you guys. I kept putting it off as this was one of the first shows that footage wasn't easily available for me. Like to watch the stuff first before then listening to show. The Bruno/Italians/Godfather stuff to start off show was so funny complete with Parv's pronunciation of paisan. One of you said you guys could do a whole show on it and I agree. So disappointed that I didn't get to see that interview of Garea with Kal. The brief audio clip sounded great but just to be able to see the reaction of Garea to Kal. As someone who originated from across the pond I am going to have to take Parv's side in the "billed from Europe" debate. Looking forward to the Continental show as seems I will be able to watch all the footage!