Pro Wrestling Only

Justin Shapirshow

MFoy

Hey guys, I know this is bad form to plug something I was involved in when I have so few posts, but I just joined the site pretty recently. I don't do podcasts super frequently, so my posts will not all be plugs, I promise.

Justin Shapiro and I did a podcast discussing the current scene, and booking, and talent in WWE and I think we get pretty in depth. It's gotten some good feedback in other places, so I figured I'd plug it here.

http://www.thecubsfan.com/2014/03/07/justin-shapirshow-episode-7-royal-pains-with-matt-feuerstein/

Here's Justin's official blurb for the show:

And we’ll never be royal (rumble winners)
There’s no run-ins or blood
That kind of push just ain’t for us
We crave an internet guy to love
It would be more cooler (cooler)
If you could add in DB
In maybe his role, his role, his role
At Wrestlemania 30?cleardot.gif

• 1 month later...

We did another episode. You can find it here: http://www.thecubsfan.com/2014/04/24/justin-shapirshow-episode-8-30-talk/

And here's Justin's preview:

"Whatshisface follows up with Matt F (Royal Pains) to see how things ended up working out with Daniel Bryan at the wrestling matches. Hope, euphoria, fear, doubt: these are all words that could appear in a list of examples of emotions. JMFDM also appraise Wrestlemania in an historical context and then, on a lark, end up hastily rebooking the territory for the last 29 years to verify whether previous Wrestles Mania lived up to their perceived standard in our popular new segment, Guest Booker: No One. A show so check it out."

• 10 months later...

We did a followup to these episodes that just came out. You can find it here: http://www.thecubsfan.com/2015/03/18/justin-shapirshow-episode-12-assed-reigns/.

Here's Justin's preview:

"Justin S. and Matt Feuerstein (Royal Pains) convene to discuss the most pressing issue in America today: Roman Reigns, and how he’s allowed to win the matches. :( Also, Daniel Bryan and the usual deal there, WrestlePlaynia 0, and the big dance competition Matt will have to enter and — by utilizing the music of the streets — win the grand prize money of, in order to raise enough funds to save indy wrestling from an impending corporate foreclosure at the hands of NXT. A show so check it out."

We did a followup to these episodes that just came out. You can find it here: http://www.thecubsfan.com/2015/03/18/justin-shapirshow-episode-12-assed-reigns/.

Here's Justin's preview:

"Justin S. and Matt Feuerstein (Royal Pains) convene to discuss the most pressing issue in America today: Roman Reigns, and how he’s allowed to win the matches. :( Also, Daniel Bryan and the usual deal there, WrestlePlaynia 0, and the big dance competition Matt will have to enter and — by utilizing the music of the streets — win the grand prize money of, in order to raise enough funds to save indy wrestling from an impending corporate foreclosure at the hands of NXT. A show so check it out."

I can't wait, it will go into my new massive queue.

• 1 month later...

This ongoing series has been enjoyable already, documenting the pitfalls and setbacks of WWE's booking over the past year plus.

But yeah. I got a kick out of the intro for this latest installment, literally just replaying & echoing statements that you guys made a year or more prior.

And Justin's comedic timing packs its usual punch, WITH pinpoint accuracy. Good stuff.

Could even be a future installment down the pike, since (it seems like) they are actively attempting to redeem Roman now by letting him drop down the card a bit & work his way back up.