Pro Wrestling Only

[2014-04-07-WWE-Raw] Paul Heyman & Brock Lesnar promo

Loss

I mean, why the hell does anyone other than Heyman talk in the ring? Bryan has been great the past few weeks and Renee going in to do the post-match stuff is great, but for a showcase promo that for years has been one of the most unappealing aspects of the WWE product, Heyman absolutely destroys everyone on the mike. I mean, he's digging down deep into the promos he cut backstage for the boys in ECW and pulling some shit out that is unreal. He has becoming appointment viewing in the last year, and this might be the crowning achievement since his return a couple years ago. I can't wait to see what he does to help push Cesaro over the top.

Heyman has been fast forward material for me since the awful Punk feud but I've watched this promo about four times now. So, yeah, he's doing something right. A performance the crowd appreciated enough to turn him babyface by the end of the night. Amazing promo and perfect considering circumstances.

EEEEEEEEEAT

SLEEEEEEEEP

BREAK THE

STREEEEEEAK

• GSR changed the title to [2014-04-07-WWE-Raw] Paul Heyman & Brock Lesnar promo
  • 3 years later...

Brock Lesnar isn't here to put smiles on faces, Brock Lesnar is here to put tears in children's eyes.

Lesnar and Heyman come out to gloat about ending the streak.  Heyman says that Vince rode to the hospital with the Undertaker after the match.  Heyman complains that the announcers gave the Undertaker a standing ovation after the match despite being a Loser, but didn't appreciate Brock.  Heyman calls everyone else in the back a wannabe and Brock is The One.  He is the 1 in 21-1.

Brock stands there with a black eye, smiling and looking like a bad ass the entire time. 

Awesome promo from Heyman.  Would he even be in the WWE in 2014 if it weren't for guys like Lesnar and Punk demanding him?  I hope he gets inducted to the HOF one day and talks for two hours.