Pro Wrestling Only

The Most Boring Match You Re-Watched

Al

Quote from Tigerpride...

Why would anyone want to watch Taker v. Lesnar again except for the final few minutes? The match was boring, it sucked. I've watched the ending many times now, but have no interest in watching the match as a whole.

So what's a match that you think is boring, knew it was boring, and sat through it again anyway? For me, maybe HHH-Steiner from the 2003 Rumble. Just to confirm how bad it was.

I love these topics recently about these kinds of things....makes me think about all kinds of matches I havent seen or thought of in a while..

For this one..this may not be a popular answer:

Flair vs. Fujinami - Superbrawl I - This match bores the hell outta me and I have watched it probably 10 times TRYING to find it good as I really like their Japan match earlier in the year, but just cant enjoy it.

AND one other:

Muta vs. Chono - Starrcade 1992 - After seeing a LOT of good to great matches between these two in Japan, I watched this one a LOT looking for reasons it wasnt a bad and boring as I thought...but it was and is.

I love these topics recently about these kinds of things....makes me think about all kinds of matches I havent seen or thought of in a while..

AND one other:

Muta vs. Chono - Starrcade 1992 - After seeing a LOT of good to great matches between these two in Japan, I watched this one a LOT looking for reasons it wasnt a bad and boring as I thought...but it was and is.

CORRECT. Put it in Sumo Hall in '91 and its magic. This? Garbage.

I watched Flair vs Fujinama for the first time last week. Wasn't bored, but I wouldn't go out of my way to rewatch it. I just watched Summerslam 2002, and I sat through HBK/HHH again, even though I've seen it maybe a dozen times over the years and have soured on a lot of it. It felt like it went two hours.

I watched the Nagata/Chono 1 hour draw twice. Once because I had just bought it (God, even the days of disk trading feel antiquated now), then after being trolled by the usual NJPW fans of the day about what an asshole I was for not liking it, I watched it again.

Like a lot of one hour draws, there was like 20 minutes of good material in there. But that other 40... yeesh. It's really bad and slow, even for a match going an hour. I have nothing against long matches at all, Japan's actually got a ton of good 45 minute+ matches out there for sure, but this is a clunker.

I would not really recommend the experience to others.

Dusty v Barry from the Clash. If you've seen it...you know what I am talking about. Most of the match is quite fun, but the neverending claw hold really bores the piss out of me. I really have no idea how it made the Clash comp the WWE released a few years back.

I'm blanking....which Clash did Dusty face Windham?

Clash 1: Windham teamed with Luger

Clash 2: Dusty and Sting v. Brain Busters

Clash 3: Windham v. Sting

Clash 4: Flair and Windham vs. MX

Dusty was gone after that.

Are you thinking of Bash 88?

WWF World Tour 1992

The Texas Tornado Vs. The Mountie (with Jimmy Hart)

I remembered it being one of the most boring matches I had ever watched, that seemed to go on forever despite no one really doing anything. I re-watched it to see if I misremembered...it's still pretty dull. Although I got a kick out of the crowd chanting "Jailbird!" at the Mountie because it was around the time of his feud with the Big Boss Man where he had to "spend the night in the slammer!"

Dusty v Barry from the Clash. If you've seen it...you know what I am talking about. Most of the match is quite fun, but the neverending claw hold really bores the piss out of me. I really have no idea how it made the Clash comp the WWE released a few years back.

I'm blanking....which Clash did Dusty face Windham?

Clash 1: Windham teamed with Luger

Clash 2: Dusty and Sting v. Brain Busters

Clash 3: Windham v. Sting

Clash 4: Flair and Windham vs. MX

Dusty was gone after that.

Are you thinking of Bash 88?

Yeah, this HAS to be Bash 88 and that match is not great…its 70% claw. Its one of the rare instances where clipped up version is better.

WWF World Tour 1992

The Texas Tornado Vs. The Mountie (with Jimmy Hart)

I remembered it being one of the most boring matches I had ever watched, that seemed to go on forever despite no one really doing anything. I re-watched it to see if I misremembered...it's still pretty dull. Although I got a kick out of the crowd chanting "Jailbird!" at the Mountie because it was around the time of his feud with the Big Boss Man where he had to "spend the night in the slammer!"

This is an awful match from The Battle Royal at the Royal Albert Hall. 13 minutes of nothing for a cheap finish. Why they didn't include the excellent Tito Santana / Ric Flair match which ran nearly the same length is beyond me.