Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-01-12-WWF-Raw] Interview: Cactus Jack

Loss

• 1 month later...

Cactus does a promo at Beaver Stadium. Cactus says the greatest warrior he has ever known is Terry Funk. We then get clips from their matches in Japan and Cactus talks about those wars bringing them close together. Cactus says that Funk putting pantyhose on his head is ridiculous but to each his own. This is a great promo of the damage they will inflict on the NAO and they finally don't hide the fact at all that Funk was under the persona.

I love on-location promos and wish they would do stuff like that more often now. The WWF was great about that for a few years, then stopped. Cactus gives a good interview explaining his history with Terry Funk and hyping the upcoming feud with the New Age Outlaws.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Everything was great about this except Foley seemingly apologizing for Funk dressing up and calling himself Chainsaw Charlie. I marked huge when this first aired for the IWA Japan footage and made it a point to tell everyone what matches those clips were from. A newborn smark is the worst kind of smark.

RATING: Was IWA KOTDM 95 tournament your first Japan tape as well?

• 1 year later...

Great promo from Cactus inside Beaver Stadium. He talks about his relationship with Terry Funk interspersed with clips of their Japananese death matches together. He makes fun of the Chainsaw Charlie gimmick, but in a positive way. He hypes of the feud with the NAO to finish. On location promos are always my jam.

• GSR changed the title to [1998-01-12-WWF-Raw] Interview: Cactus Jack