Pro Wrestling Only

The Roman Reigns push

Loss

I have no doubts Reigns will be a top guy for the rest of his career, and will probably be just fine in that role. It's just that taking on the Cena ace role is a completely different thing. It's possible he'll grow into that just like Cena did. If Cena did it with bad booking and heels who were using him to get themselves over, Reigns will hopefully be able to do it with a promotional machine that is protecting him and presenting him properly.

also if they expect Reigns to one day carry the whole business like Cena does then they really need to rethink what that means. If they try and turn him into a smiling babyface who does make a wish for fun then he will lose everything that people like about him right now and this whole push will backfire. Cena has lasted this long primarily because he has been allowed to be himself so I hope they give Reigns the same freedom.

Ambrose is way more over than Reigns right now, what show are you watching?

Er . . something different to you obviously!

Reigns got an entire arena on their feet by looking across the ring at Rusev. He gets a louder entrance pop and the Superman Punch and the Spear get bigger pops than any other move in the company. The crowd were even chanting 'this is awesome' as he was staring at HHH last week!

Ambrose is fairly over and the crowd are into the Rollins beatdowns but all his matches get crickets.

The MITB reaction was a one off pop for a well built hot angle.

Reigns is more over on a consistent basis. In fact it's not even close.

Ambrose is way more over than Reigns right now, what show are you watching?

Do you always have to be so confrontational?

Guest Eduardo James

Is there any reason why Reigns is the "chosen one" outside of the obvious like his looks, his apparent ability to learn and Vince's Samoan life debt? Not that he's a bad choice or anything, but it's been obvious almost since he debuted that they wanted him to be the guy.

If they're really only behind Reigns because of his look, it's funny since they still feel the need to cover him up with a vest. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes the Rock route and has some cosmetic work done at some point, since, you know, it's an upper body business.

Is there any reason why Reigns is the "chosen one" outside of the obvious like his looks, his apparent ability to learn and Vince's Samoan life debt? Not that he's a bad choice or anything, but it's been obvious almost since he debuted that they wanted him to be the guy.

Vince must love his facial aesthetics. I do think Reigns carries himself like a star (but so does Ryback, so that doesn't mean a ton). he's good looking (although I've heard more comments about Ambrose from my mom, girlfriend, and sister), and he's big (though less so than Cena and the usual WWE stereotype). Plus he's Samoan, which Vince does love for whatever reason. I don't think Reigns is an A+ in any of those categories but he has the right combination. It still seems odd to peg him so early on as the future ace of the company and to start building around that for the better part of a year already.

I have been a fan of Ambrose since his indie run. Reigns showed up with the group, no one knew what to think, and his first night in he was incredible and jumped off the page. The term "it" gets overused in wrestling, but I think Reigns has "it." I think Ambrose does too for what it's worth

Vince must love his facial aesthetics. I do think Reigns carries himself like a star (but so does Ryback, so that doesn't mean a ton). he's good looking (although I've heard more comments about Ambrose from my mom, girlfriend, and sister), and he's big (though less so than Cena and the usual WWE stereotype). Plus he's Samoan, which Vince does love for whatever reason. I don't think Reigns is an A+ in any of those categories but he has the right combination. It still seems odd to peg him so early on as the future ace of the company and to start building around that for the better part of a year already.

I'm curious about how Roman Reigns will raise his grade to A+ levels for being Samoan.

I'm curious about how Roman Reigns will raise his grade to A+ levels for being Samoan.

Click Game options -> Edit Data -> Scroll to workers...

That said...the audience wants Ambrose right now. And if I were in charge, he's the one I'd hitch the wagon to.

I'm a massive Ambrose fan but I don't get this. What makes you think the audience wants Ambrose over Reigns?

I just got done watching this past week's Raw, and judging from that show alone, I gotta eat some of my words. Reigns had a very solid promo, though the "asses and attack" bit ain't all that hot. The crowd is clearly behind him, and they're loving the fact that he's stepping up to Cena. I gotta check out that Bad News Barrett match from Smackdown a couple weeks ago, but Reigns is more ready than I thought.

As far as Ambrose goes, you're right in that his singles matches so far are getting some quiet reactions. The Rollins match won't. I said in a thread here not too long ago that I think he's the kind of guy that needs a feud. Maybe part of the reaction on Monday has to do with the fact that the audience is pretty apathetic towards Orton. That said, the crowd eats up his promos and his interactions with Rollins.

As for why I'd hitch my wagon to Ambrose right now, he's the better promo, the better character, and a better wrestler than Reigns.

If Reigns is more over, Ambrose isn't all that far behind. Either way, it's clear that the audience wants new guys on top.

I have been a fan of Ambrose since his indie run. Reigns showed up with the group, no one knew what to think, and his first night in he was incredible and jumped off the page. The term "it" gets overused in wrestling, but I think Reigns has "it." I think Ambrose does too for what it's worth

I feel the same. Can't they both be awesome, or is that too easy/not fun to complain about?