Pro Wrestling Only

Titans of Wrestling #29, Part 2: The 'Birds Go Down to Georgia

http://placetobenation.com/titans-of-wrestling-29-part-2-the-birds-go-down-to-georgia/

141mn9i.jpg

The Titans of Rasslin wrap up their look at Georgia Championship Wrestling with an in-depth examination of the Fabulous Freebirds arrival on the scene and the mayhem they inflicted on the areas top good guys (Ted DiBiase, Robert Fuller and...dear God...Stan "Uncle Elmer" Frazier). The "Titans Assemble" call is put out as Kelly, Parv, Johnny, Pete AND Marty Sleeze gather for the usual tons of insight and tons of laughs. The 3hrs just fly by!

On the docket:

1980 Mr. Saito vs Steve Keirn $5000 challenge/ Saito vs Mr. Wrestling II $5000 challenge

1980 Freebirds promos

1980 Ted DiBiase vs Terry Gordy

1980 "Two-Ring, Triple-Chance Battle Royal" (???)

1981 DiBiase/Robert Fuller vs Freebirds x2 Omni footage

1981 DiBiase/Stan Frazier vs Freebirds

1981 JYD promo/Mid South blinding angle (!!!)

1981 JYD/DiBiase vs Freebirds

1981 Ted in the hospital

Also on tonight's show:

-Unanimous praise for Michael Hayes and the Freebirds in general

-Debating the merits of JYD as a worker

-Stan Frazier makes his case for the WOAT

-DiBiase takes a beating in more ways than one

Phenomenal freaking episode, guys. Just a good time with the gang, packed with plenty of interesting discussion and a couple truckloads of laughs.

Johnny's impersonations are always on the mark, but mygoddamngod. His Gordy is EPIC. Instant win with that one.

Really dug the praise for Hayes, too. We don't hear about him and some of the great stuff he did in his "prime" often enough. Guy had a legitimate aura and presence about him that just told you he was born to be a performer. He had charisma to spare and enough showmanship to share with half the state of Georgia.

The ball-busting felt right - all in good fun and partially overdue. Teddy was far from his finest hour here, and everyone should 'preciate ripping and roasting Uncle Elmer. That being said? I fully expect Parv to carb up and come back with guns a blazing the next time he sits through a bad Backlund match or something.

Damnit, that was supposed to be a babyface shine segment on Parv not a heat segment. Damnit, I don't know if we heeled ourselves or if Parv is too damn likeable. I cant believe there is clamor for a Parv babyface comeback on my hero and yours, Bob Backlund. :)

Great episode. Yeah, I don't have much of a Boston accent. Comes out on certain words and at certain times. Never heard the Tim Kurkjian one before. As long as I don't sound like Bob Ryan that's a great thing in my book!

Always happy to do these specials and can't wait for the next time I am called upon.