Pro Wrestling Only

Rekindling the spark

NintendoLogic

I also have multiple hobbies, but the worst thing about that is I'll be watching a match and suddenly I'll start thinking about a movie or some music and want to pause the match to do a quick search. Oftentimes I watch matches while listening to music to kill two birds with one stone. I also go through cycles where I'll barely watch any wrestling. Then I'll read the boards and get inspired. Without this place, I probably would have given up a long time ago. The strange thing is I don't rate wrestling as highly as my other hobbies yet I spent the most time talking about it.

In terms of rekindling the spark, just wait until you're in the mood for some wrestling. In my experience that's better than forcing yourself to watch some.

I didn't mention my other obsessions like finding the best burger in London

If you're ever in the United States, make your way up to Minnesota and I'll introduce you to the Jiffy Burger at the Blue Door Pub in St. Paul. Nothing you find in London will even come close to topping this masterpiece.

http://thebdp.com/pdfs/BDP_MENU_2014.pdf

What do they do with your corpse after you drop dead from eating this?

Don't know about you, but one thing I've really struggled to do is find an equivalent of a PWO for my other interests. Video games, yes, I've been part of a community for over a decade that spawned from the PC Gamer UK board. Music is almost too diverse and you don't get the quality of discussion. Closest I've found is the Expecting Rain boards but they are Bob Dylan centric. The Criterion film boards can be a good read but for some reason I don't find myself compelled to engage or post, I've made a few but never stick around. Football discussion online is really really appalling, yet to find anywhere decent.

So being part of a community like this gives wrestling a particular boost.

If you're ever in the United States, make your way up to Minnesota and I'll introduce you to the Jiffy Burger at the Blue Door Pub in St. Paul. Nothing you find in London will even come close to topping this masterpiece.

http://thebdp.com/pd...P_MENU_2014.pdf

I am so going there the next time I'm in the Twin Cities. **drools uncontrollably**

For the first time in my life a couple weeks before Mania I just stopped watching all wrestling cold turkey. Stuff going on in personal life, focusing more on other hobbies/interests like cinema, etc. I've watched the WWF pay-per-views with friends but that was mostly it until going to an ROH live show in Cincinnati couple weeks ago. That kind of sparked my interest back and I've DVR'd the WWF/TNA TV and sort of skimmed through it (something I never would have done in the past). While I doubt I'll have time in the near future to delve very deep into my collection it is nice to know that I've got an obnoxious amount of CZW on a hard drive somewhere I've never seen.

You sound like me. Wrestling is kind of the only thing I ALWAYS come back to. In some form or fashion, whether it be watching, TEW or just message boards I'm always somehow interested in wrestling but stuff like music, books and video games don't last. Usually they are just things I'm obsessed with for a short time until one day I just have absolutely no interest in it any more and just forget about it and move on. Or on the rarest of occasions I do actually finish a book or video game.

Yep, same boat here for sure. Rarely ever finish books or games. They get about a week and that's it. I do end up playing games with no real ending the most though like Civ, Rollercoaster Tycoon, LOL and Candy Crush.

Something happened recently that inspired me to subscribe to both the Torch and Observer. I enjoy listening to the podcasts during the day and reading the content online. I've been watching "Raw", "Smackdown!", and "Impact!" every week since WrestleMania. I've been enjoying my Network subscription as well. I'm not exactly sure what sparked my interest in it suddenly, though.

So I've been wondering whether to respond to this thread since I found this board last month. Unlike a lot of people, the Benoit murders pulled me back into wrestling rather than pushed me away. I had lost interest around 2002 once Bischoff showed up on WWE - it just felt like the whole thing was eating its own tail - and stopped watching outside of my friends' gatherings for Wrestlemania. So when I hear that one of my favorites murdered his family and himself, I turned to WON and Torch for news, which led to re-subscribing, which led to starting to watch every week. It's a strange, fascinating, often ugly world and I have to say that I've found almost endlessly entertaining. I'm ashamed to say that the Benoit murders reminded me of that, but it did.

Tom

I do a lot of reading for recommendations, but I rarely participate in any film or music discussions. I don't know how to talk about music and film conversations are too involved. Rugby I talk about on another site, but certainly it's hard to find the PWO of other interests.

I find all of my music boards relate to specific bands, so it allows going deep nerd on the nuances of last night's setlist and the like.

I have about 6 or 7 obsessive interests: films, music, board games, video games, football ("soccer") and pro wrestling. It's almost like they are on a wheel or a loop. I am always into all of them, but each month one of them will "come into focus" and be featured more, it'll be in the main event slot. Sometimes some interests take a back seat. Football just had a major run over the world cup to the point where I wasn't going to social engagements or leaving the house to try to watch every game -- a special case. Board games had a big run in May which happened to coincide with the UK Games Expo and a big trip a group of us did there. Films and video games have both been in recess for the past few months, but video games had a big run around Xmas 2013 sort of time, and films around February-March in the middle of Oscar season. Music had a biggish run around the time I wrote the first Wu-Tang article. Wrestling is currently in the middle of a major run, after the semester has ended and I've got more time to watch stuff.

I've been like that for as long as I can remember, although I will say that being part of various projects has helped keep wrestling from drifting too far "into recess". Even during periods where wrestling is in number 5 or 6 slot, I've had stuff to watch and talk about for podcasts.

Wow Parv, that is EXACTLY how I am with wrestling to…my interests are Wrestling / Video Game Console Collecting / Vintage Computer Collecting, repair, upgrading etc) and they also rotate in terms of importance to me…but no matter what I am always listening to wrestling podcasts in the car or at work…..