Pro Wrestling Only

The Rockers

goodhelmet

A great tag team. The only thing that might hurt them on people's lists is that they were never the team in the WWE. Tt's a shame they were never awarded the belts, because they should have been (ignoring the unfortunate rope break match with The Hart Foundation, of course). I wonder if they would have fared better in WCW? Obviously, the stars aligned for at least Shawn in the WWF, so I know he wouldn't want to change anything. But it is interesting to wonder "what if?" about The Rockers and WCW.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

The Rockers were before my time, but I've been doing some catching up on their work in the WWF and they've really been impressing me. They were a fantastic babyface team. Fast-paced, exciting offense, lots of great double team moves, great at gaining sympathy during FIP segments, awesome hot tag sequences. Pretty much everything I want in a babyface tag team.

I still have some more of their WWF work to delve into, plus their AWA stuff, but if they keep impressing me like this they have a real shot of making it into my top ten. And their stuff is driving up my stock of Shawn Michaels, who was just a really great tag wrestler.

• 4 weeks later...