Pro Wrestling Only

Current NXT Roster

goodhelmet

Was at the Columbus show last night. Breeze worked as an underdog babyface against Corbin and was pretty great at it. Enjoyed him much more in-ring than I have as a heel. The crowd loved him (3 guys behind me shouted every lyric to his song, too funny), they may have something there.

Also I'm even more convinced that Sasha Banks is one of the best workers in the world. I never thought it would be a 23-year old developmental diva that carries on the tradition of guys like Negro Casas and Tenryu in laying everything in and making everything look so good, but there you go. When she's in control, she doesn't sit in chinlocks. She hooks in nasty looking submissions and works them. I loved it.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the NXT show as well. They really need to drop calling them divas. It doesn't fit with the presentation at all. Sasha and Charlotte was the best match by a mile on that show.

Side note the spontaneous boxing match between Enzo and English was great stuff.

That would be ideal. I was really looking forward to the Shoot Nation deal when it was being done on house shows, but it seems like they slowed that roll when it came to putting them on TV. Hopefully they have a change of heart and put Gable, Jordan, Dawkins, and Fulton together on TV, not just Jordan and Gable (even though that would bring some much needed life to a stagnant NXT tag division)

It does feel like there's a number of guys in the Performance Centre who have had to take a backseat due to the recent influx of name indy talent. I've been hearing about people like Gable, Sawyer Fulton, Hugo Knox and Angelo Dawkins for a while, but they've either not made TV yet, or been job fodder. In a way, they're the ones I'm most excited about. I mean, I know what Hideo Itami can do, but I've barely any idea what Dash Wilder or that guy with the enormous hands are like, and that makes me curious.

Well I've been beating this drum for months, but you can see that they aren't using the TV to actually develop talent that needs it, which is a shame. As much as I love watching people like Owens, Balor, Banks, etc, we know they are great, but the other people who don't really know how to work or don't get on TV need to learn somehow. That explains they are putting the NXT "B Team" on the Florida house show loop and the "A Team" is doing the national touring. Those guys and girls really need some learning experience.

The other real issue is that it's raising expectations too much. If you look at when Big Cass, he's one of the more popular guys on the show. However, when he debuted, he was the second-best guy in a singles match with Mason Ryan. If his debut was today, he'd get booed out of the building within a week or two for being a poor wrestler, instead of being able to find his feet and develop his act with Enzo, which has clearly paid off. A guy like Corbin probably needs to be in NXT for a year or two to tighten his act, but he's already getting the crowd turning on him despite him being perfectly passable in the ring.

That's a great point. Because we've gotten so use to in the past year to these great matches, we forget what NXT used to look like. I remember watching NXT during the Hulu days where basically nobody was paying attention to it and the difference from then to now in terms of how the product is presented, match quality, and crowd atmosphere is ridiculous.

It does feel like there's a number of guys in the Performance Centre who have had to take a backseat due to the recent influx of name indy talent. I've been hearing about people like Gable, Sawyer Fulton, Hugo Knox and Angelo Dawkins for a while, but they've either not made TV yet, or been job fodder. In a way, they're the ones I'm most excited about. I mean, I know what Hideo Itami can do, but I've barely any idea what Dash Wilder or that guy with the enormous hands are like, and that makes me curious.

Has Knox got any experience prior to signing with the WWE? I know he's the guy who used to be a goalkeeper, but did he ever wrestle over here in the UK or is he being trained from scratch?

Pretty sure he's one they've trained from scratch. I think it's mainly his football background that makes me curious to see what he's like in the ring. I know Kevin Owens tweeted about how much he enjoyed watching him, so hopefully he's somewhat decent.

I say this as a guy who enjoys soccer, not your drunk uncle at the bar who thinks they are all wimps - I reallllllllllllly hope they work diving and flopping into his style.

Hugo Knox is out injured. Dawkins and Fulton aren't that good despite being in NXT for what seems like years and working most of the house shows. As for Corbin, The crowd was gonna turn on him no matter what after he stopped squashing guys in 30 seconds. I think he's gotten better now that he's working heel on house shows. He needs a valet or manager though.

Corbin seems like the Vince infused Triple H chosen experiment in NXT. Especially with the Ascension having moved on. I guess you can't have all indy stars and workrate lady wrestlers filling up the show. Seems like he is the one guy that acquiesces Vince's demand to back off the booking. I know that isn't the reality but thats how he and the whole way he is being used comes across to me.

Pretty sure he's one they've trained from scratch. I think it's mainly his football background that makes me curious to see what he's like in the ring. I know Kevin Owens tweeted about how much he enjoyed watching him, so hopefully he's somewhat decent.

I always found it strange that he retired from football due to an injury but is now wrestling, as surely this is harder on his body than football ever was? Cheers for the info about him being out injured Tim.

Playing a specific sport requires specific skillsets that is enabled by specific muscle groups or movements. If you suffer a career ending injury then you no longer possess the skill set to succeed. In pro wrestling it is more fluid and there are multiple ways to succeed. If you can't be a speedy athlete then no worries you can just become a brawler or a mat worker. If you can't lift guys above your head then no worries you can just fly around or keep guys grounded. And so on. Not to mention if you can't do anything physical you can be a character oriented worker.