Pro Wrestling Only

Lucha Underground

Phil Schneider

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The most fun wrestling TV show right now easily....Dario Cueto is awesome....Fenix, Drago, & Pentagon Jr. came in and immediately brought a different level of action to the show. Prince Puma (Ricochet) has looked awesome as well. The announcing though is terrible and Chavo getting the big push isn't really what I want to see myself.

This is the most interesting Chavo has been since forever, doing the bitter, jealous, failed legacy role.

Pentagon Jr became one of my favorite wrestlers this year and i'm glad he's being seen by a wider audience. The show has delivered at least one really good match each week, sometimes two. Nothing has been bad.

It's fresh & different & fun. It always leaves me wanting more, and I don't feel like watching is a chore like most other TV wrestling these days.

I've enjoyed it mainly for how fresh it is. I appreciate that it looks different, feels new, and is trying for something not in the current North American pro wrestling on TV mold. I haven't been as high on the wrestling as others have, but I've still enjoyed it, and if the show stays at this level or gets better it will be an enjoyable alternative to the status quo.

I think Chavo is great so far, I don't love them moving him into a feud with Sexy Star, but I think he has played the role of paranoid veteran past his prime great. Almost feels like Mr. Wrestling II in Mid South

That is blasphemy!!!!!

In all honesty Chavo has been fine but I just don't think he is the right guy to be pushing at this moment they need to focus on the young fresh guys. I have a bad bad feeling though that Vamp will be wrestling sooner than later.

The most entertaining show right now, but it really lacks any evident long-term direction. I think building up big rivalries and paying them off is such a fundamental part of wrestling and I don't trust TV people to understand that. Fenix already seems like he's surpassing Prince Puma as a babyface - either Ricochet's charisma hasn't translated well to working under a mask, or maybe he's been instructed not to do his usual shtick.

I'm a fan. I've watched every week so far & will continue to do so. I never really watch AAA, so the majority of the wrestlers are new to me. I like the over-the-top cheesy presentation of the vignettes backstage as it at least feels different & fresh. As was mentioned earlier, we seem to get at least one good match a week. Plus, right now, it's fun to get to know the new (to me) wrestlers & see what they're all about. Both their characters & their moves.

I'm not a fan of Chavo, Sexy Star (she's awful), Blue Demon, Jr. or Mil Muertes. At least Chavo is a decent wrestler out of that group, I just don't particularly care for him. The rest of them aren't any good. At least not from what I have seen so far on Lucha Underground. It's also weird to me that Johnny Mundo is literally playing his exact same character from WWE, without changing a thing other than the last name. Same entrance & everything.

The commentary is bad but I like the atmosphere of the show a lot. "The Temple" is neat in that I like that the wrestlers have to go through the crowd & come down the stairs to make it to the ring. It feels underground, so the name of the promotion makes sense. It reminds me of like Mortal Kombat or Bloodsport.

So far, I like Prince Puma, Drago, Fenix, Ivelissa, Son of Havoc & Catrina.

I dislike Big Ryck, Cortez, Cisco & the names I listed up above. King Cuerno also made me literally laugh outloud & how ridiculously stupid his ring entrance attire looked.

I still think that Konnan is a great talker & I don't mind him at all. The show never really feels like it's starting to drag because it's not super long. Everything seems to have a reason for happening so far. Dario is fun so far too.

The most entertaining show right now, but it really lacks any evident long-term direction. I think building up big rivalries and paying them off is such a fundamental part of wrestling and I don't trust TV people to understand that. Fenix already seems like he's surpassing Prince Puma as a babyface - either Ricochet's charisma hasn't translated well to working under a mask, or maybe he's been instructed not to do his usual shtick.

Disagree that there are no long term directions. They've planted seeds for a ton of stuff moving forward. The entire roster hating Chavo, Muertes coming after Chavo, Konnan & Puma not being on the same page, Cueto talking to the mystery man in side the cage, etc.

Even after four weeks, I trust what these guys are doing long term far more than WWE.

Looks that way, but it raises the one question I can't quite answer about many in LU. Who's the heel there?

Both are heels. Muertes is mad at Chavo for getting involved with his post match match attack on Blue Demon. Meurtes wanted to "kill" Demon, and Chavo stole the kill.

Catrina & Muertes confronting Chavo on that issue was one of my favorite scenes of the first four weeks. I love the idea of heels not just automatically getting along just because they're all heels. Wrestling characters behaving like real humans instead of face/heel robots, imagine that.

This is one of those things that go by the wayside because I just don't have enough time right now. I'll probably watch a bunch at once in a few months. I am glad it's another thing for people to enjoy though.

It's actually a perfect show for focused binge watching because of the way it's structured. I could see someone easily losing track of time on a Saturday burning through half of a season.

I have enjoyed it, but it's the sort of show that I can only like so much because I think there is almost no chance that it gets significantly better than it currently is.

Elaborate on this. I think it is a show which is clearly finding themselves, and I see no reason that the second set of taping won't be better then the first. Reading Cubsfans coverage of the show, it seems they have already made some improvements and adjustments from taping to air (adding the Chavo sit down interview, mentioning the visa problems with Konan and Dario). Curious why you think the show has already hit its ceiling.

Disagree that there are no long term directions. They've planted seeds for a ton of stuff moving forward. The entire roster hating Chavo, Muertes coming after Chavo, Konnan & Puma not being on the same page, Cueto talking to the mystery man in side the cage, etc.

Even after four weeks, I trust what these guys are doing long term far more than WWE.

It's true that there's long-term stuff going on, I just don't see any of it building up matches (other than Chavo vs. Muertes). The storytelling feels much more like a TV drama than a traditional wrestling-style build, which I guess is the point and that's fine, it's just not what I'd personally prefer. I enjoy the show because I like the matches, the production and the video packages, but as far as creating a compelling week-to-week story it hasn't done anything for me so far. I'd like to see them build up a rivalry between two guys that has me eagerly anticipating their eventual match. Chavo vs. Muertes sure as hell isn't that.