Pro Wrestling Only

MEN'S Teoh

Grimmas

Going through soup and Loss' top 100 matches from each of the 90's, he appeared way too many times not to at least have a thread. The issue here is that most if not all those matches were multi-man tags. The question with him is going to be twofold - 1. how could are his performances in the tags and 2. are there enough singles matches where he stands out to give him serious consideration for a top 100.

His tribute to Terry Funk working in Big Japan in 99 or so against Abby was kinda sad/fun to watch, depending on your point of view.

Whatever happened to him anyway ? TAKA has been everywhere, Togo kept on being awesome in the indies apparently, Funaki made easy money in the States, but I have no idea what Teioh's did in the 00's.

Underrated dude. His Terry Funk tribute is spot on and his technical stuff he can do very well. If you look at him vs. Shinzaki you'll notice he was really good in his second year of wrestling already. Problem is he was lost in the shuffle in the 2000s due to being forever undercard in lousy Big Japan. I remember him trying his damndest to get a good match out of Sekimoto in front of a dead crowd, also had a few fun lucharesu outtings with his stable of spotty service boys and arguably the best BJW tag with Mashimo et al. What he needs is a Togo-like run of indy veteran goodness and it just didn't happen in that volume. A shame because he's a secret fave of mine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

Teioh has become my favorite of his generation of Japanese Juniors. Worked an old school throwback style in places that pushed the envelope stylistically and managed to fit in while staying true to his gimmick. He was just as comfortable working the big M-Pro 10 mans spot heavy matches as he is against a shoot style worker as he is in a death match as he is in a traditional southern tag. Doesn't look out of place wrestling Jushin Liger or Winger.  Someone who consistently delivers in the footage I've seen and I will consider for the top 100.