Pro Wrestling Only

Payback.. Live As it Happens

goodhelmet

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

John Cena vs Rusev (US Title I Quit Match) - This started out slow then actually got pretty entertaining at times. I actually think they had a few great false finishes with the electrocution stage spot and Cena passing out to the Accolade. I think the finish was that Lana mistranslated Rusev because she's American and is prone to making translation errors. Therefore, I don't think Rusev actually quit. The finish wasn't good, but I don't think it was nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Well unless they reverse history that isn't how they have portrayed Lana. Lana has never been an American girl who turned her back on her country to become Russian. She has been a Russian girl who has lived most of her life in the US

In an interview with Rene Young two weeks ago she started the interview in clear, perfect English, stopped herself, and went back to speaking in her fake Russian English.

I think the difference between a Submission match and an I Quit match is kind of splitting hairs. It's like arguing the difference between a Falls Count Anywhere match and a Street Fight.

Well, technically the actual words "I Quit" are supposed to said in an I Quit match.

Yea but the whole story after the match is that "Austin never said I quit!" This was also pre-tap outs so it would have been a verbal submission anyway.

To get super nerdy about it, there's nothing in the rules that allows your manager/valet/girlfriend to quit for you either. At least not in the wrestling rulebook that I was issued.

To get super nerdy about it, there's nothing in the rules that allows your manager/valet/girlfriend to quit for you either. At least not in the wrestling rulebook that I was issued.

Section B, Article 5: "Skoaland Clause." :P

Bad News Barrett vs Neville - This was solid. Neville's dive is easily the craziest in WWE. The finish was lame, but I didn't hate it. Neither guy lost so that's good.The post-match was a little too long though. I wish they could have just added that stuff into the match. Neville could have broken Barrett's scepter when he tried to use it and Barrett rolls out of the ring for the count out when Neville goes for the Red Arrow. There's no need for post-matches that could be a part of the match.

Section B, Article 5: "Skoaland Clause." :P

No white towel was thrown, not official. Match is under review and the Cena/Rusev feud will continue another 4 months.

Randy Orton vs. Roman Reigns vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Seth Rollins

- Really fun but predictable to start with guys pairing off and the extended selling on the outside. Kane helping Rollins was predictable.

- The 30 second Shield reunion was super fun and the 2 power bombs on the table put the cherry on top.

- The crowd was amped for the Ambrose - Reigns showdown. They should have called an audible right then and there and had one of those 2 win the belt with a Shield 3 way planned for Summerslam.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. So predictable.

If Rollins can't do the Curb Stomp I like him stealing the Pedigree. I am surprised the finish didn't go down with "Kane chokeslams everyone and puts Rollins on top" I didn't pay any attention to the match though, I got sucked into the rabbit hole that is the "Dylan compares everyone to HHH" thread.

Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose vs Roman Reigns vs Randy Orton (WWE Title Fatal Four Way) - This was reaching great status towards the end, but I thought the finish was weak. There are better ways to end that match in my opinion. That was a shitty pedigree too. I don't know if that was a tease of a Rollins-HHH feud down the line or not. Maybe that will happen post-Summerslam. Maybe not.