Pro Wrestling Only

Payback.. Live As it Happens

goodhelmet

I have only seen one RAW episode since Mania in full so forgive me if my predictions are all over the place. I am trying to get in the head of Vince McMahon, who still has Kane in a main event level scenario.

Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns vs. Dean Ambrose

- Kane stays with the Authority. Rollins wins. The dastardly Authority celebrates tomorrow on RAW.

Ryback vs. Bray Wyatt

- I would have Ryback destroy Wyatt but if Harper & Rowan interfere, reuniting the entire family, I am ok with it.

John Cena vs. Rusev

- Rusev should win but he won't. USA! USA! USA!

New Day vs. Cesaro & Kidd (2/3 Falls)

- This could be that MOTY level tag Cesaro needs in the GWE forum but I know Dylan and others have been highly critical of how WWE structures their 2/3 falls. I am looking forward to this. New Day retains.

Dolph Ziggler vs. Sheamus

- This could be a great match since I love watching Sheamus punish fools. Sheamus wins to get his pin back from last month.

King Barrett vs. Neville

- Barrett won the KOTR tournament so maybe tha tis the new title that loses every match. Neville wins.

Naomi & Tamina vs. Bella Twins

Macho Mandow & Curtis Axel vs. The Ascension

- Garbage. Kris Z might like it.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think part of the problem is that guys are going TOO hard on Raw & SD now. Very rarely do PPV matches feel better than a really good TV match. I mean there have been maybe 5 matches this whole year that had a "big match" feel to it.

To me,a big part of being a main event talent is the ability to make your big matches stand out from the pack. Right now the best guy at doing that on PPV is Roman Reigns. Seth Rollins is having better TV matches than on PPV at this point, which is the mark of a great midcard talent, not a great World Champ.

I've missed RAW the last two weeks and a number of Smackdowns....but was there ever an on-screen reason given for why the Bellas are babyfaces again? Or was it similar to the never-explained situation of Brie suddenly siding with her sister after months of feuding with her?

Let's see...

Cena v Rusev 1 and 2

Rumble three way

Bryan vs Reigns

Mania Main Event

sounds about right.

Yep those were the ones I was thinking of. I was disappointed with the quality of Cena/Rusev II but the entrances were so fucking epic and it definitely had a big match feel, even if the work doesn't even stack up to the best stuff Cena has been doing in the U.S. Title open challenge.

And even with very limited buildup, I think an argument can be made that Barrett vs. Neville in the King of the Ring finals had a "big match" feel to it. Having it on it's own dedicated special helps it's case.

I think if they would have promoted it for a few weeks rather than a few days in advance it would have been something really special.

Also - Zayn vs. Owens first NXT match definitely felt like a big deal, though maybe NXT isn't included in this discussion.

R-Truth vs Stardust - Of all the surprise pre-show matches we get this. It actually wasn't awful but I hate Cody Rhodes right now. The Stardust character is stupid. I don't know what it means that Cody Rhodes whipped a black man while in a BDSM outfit but I digress. This time could have been filled with PTPs vs Matadores or Lucha Dragons vs Wyatts or something.

Since when has the pre-show been an hour long, not a half hour long? Has it always been like that & I'm just mis-remembering?

The last three for sure. It helps someone who doesn't watch the TV catch up a little. I canceled by WON sub, too, so I really haven't been reading or seeing any recaps.

Stardust is a pointless character because they completely dropped the angle with Goldust. I have no idea why I expected them to do that well but I thought there was so much potential there. "Cody gets lost in his wrestling character and his brother tries to save him from going down a road he's all too familiar with" is a good story.