Pro Wrestling Only

Payback.. Live As it Happens

goodhelmet

Russev has to win this match but it would be a miracle if he does. Unless they just want to continue treating him like the next Marc Mero

That being said, Cena losing the belt would result in the end of those great weekly US title match on RAW so him winning isn't that bad

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe how much I enjoyed Ryback vs Bray Wyatt. The apron senton was a total crusher! And Ryback's top rope splash was awesome! I actually that the finish was really well done and creative. And, man, Bray Wyatt is the most protected guy on the weekly active roster but will be in the same postition for the forseeable future. Unless he wins MITB?

Two PPVS in a row a match I had limited interest in really impresses me (Reigns vs. Big Show Last Man Standing was outstanding, probably the best Big Show match ever, best since Mayweather Jr.)

We're really in a golden era of WWE hoss vs. hoss battles right now. Rusev, Sheamus, Ryback, Wyatt, Reigns, Cesaro, Harper, Henry, Rowan (if you wish)....put them in a league format for the summer or put them in one huge brawl of a Survivor Series bout. Hell, give 6 of them there own Chamber bout.

Bray can beat all the upper midcarders and lower tier guys but as soon as he faces a top guy he chokes. To think he was scheduled to go over Bryan at Fastlane to build him up for Taker until they changed plans. Bryan technically never got revenge on him. He decisively won the Ambrose program. Yet another paradox in WWE booking

God that was fucking stupid. "Hey if you don't quit I'm going to run into you and tell you so you have 30 seconds to look stupid for not moving"

EDIT: They haven't learned their lesson about the Alabama Slam either. And we're selling a laptop more than steel chairs get sold these days.

John Cena vs. Rusev

- Unlike last month, the gimmick worked a lot better here. I also like that Rusev was on offense most of the match. I think it works that Rusev wasn't asked to quit until after he went through the steps, the ring post and the wall. After a hot start around the arena, it slowed down a bit but the crowd sowed their appreciation with the Awesome chant. I absolutely love the Accolade tease and keeping it locked on. Man, that Lana ending sucked but another great match.

That was way too much like the Umaga finish, although it really was a long time ago now. I also didn't like the replay of the Bragging Rights 09 pyro spot.

The match was really good though, not sure if I put it above the FastLane match but definitely better than their last 2 encounters. I didn't like the finish but I guess it doesn't totally kill Rusev by having him actually quit. I don't look forward to them splitting Rusev & Lana though.

John Cena vs Rusev (US Title I Quit Match) - This started out slow then actually got pretty entertaining at times. I actually think they had a few great false finishes with the electrocution stage spot and Cena passing out to the Accolade. I think the finish was that Lana mistranslated Rusev because she's American and is prone to making translation errors. Therefore, I don't think Rusev actually quit. The finish wasn't good, but I don't think it was nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be.

As a direct-to-video action movie, Cena vs Rusev in an international conflict with a romantic side story was fun to watch.

But.....these god damn asinine rules. If you find a gun under the ring and shoot your opponent to death, but he doesn't say "I Quit", you don't win under WWE rules.

John Cena vs Rusev (US Title I Quit Match) - This started out slow then actually got pretty entertaining at times. I actually think they had a few great false finishes with the electrocution stage spot and Cena passing out to the Accolade. I think the finish was that Lana mistranslated Rusev because she's American and is prone to making translation errors. Therefore, I don't think Rusev actually quit. The finish wasn't good, but I don't think it was nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Well unless they reverse history that isn't how they have portrayed Lana. Lana has never been an American girl who turned her back on her country to become Russian. She has been a Russian girl who has lived most of her life in the US

As a direct-to-video action movie, Cena vs Rusev in an international conflict with a romantic side story was fun to watch.

But.....these god damn asinine rules. If you find a gun under the ring and shoot your opponent to death, but he doesn't say "I Quit", you don't win under WWE rules.

I'm sorry but Monsoon & Ventura never did quite hash out the legality of using a gun in a wrestling match despite being outside of the ring so I can't use that extrapolate out whether it'd be acceptable in a No DQ match.

The New Day backstage bit with them drinking milk out of wine glasses and touching pinkies was great.