Pro Wrestling Only

Mailbag Questions for New Dangerous Alliance Podcast

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard on a few different pods the question Which wrestlers would you have in a modern day Four Horsemen?

How about who would you have as an old school Four Horsemen? 4 guys in the group, who's prime was before the formation of the original group?

Be interested to see who you both put in your groups. And choose a manager who also had his hey day before JJ Dillon led the 4H.

Recast the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with Professional Wrestlers... GO!

Your Air Bill is due and The Hardliner Collection Agency has been sent to collect... which professional wrestler would you least like to owe money?

If the New England Patriots were a professional wrestler, which one would they be? The Dallas Cowboys? The Name your favorite sports team here?

You are going to build a birdhouse, would you rather have a Steiner Screwdriver or a Burning Hammer?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Back in the day, the NWA World Heavyweight Championship was almost exclusively held by "hookers" and shooters - out of worry and fear that a challenger or promoter might go into business for themselves and pull the old double-cross. Buddy Rogers might be the first real exception, but the belt was mostly given to guys that could legitimately fight their way out of a screw-job.

How about building a title lineage for the WWF Championship with that same approach? Begin with the Hogan era and move forward. Would Hulk still get his shot? Or would he just be a special attraction, with the belt staying on someone else? Does Savage even get to sniff the title picture? Bret? What about the Rock? Moving all the way up to modern day, is Brock keeping the belt for awhile? Or do you think the belt is "safe" on Triple H or John Cena?

I realize it could turn into a real chore, but I actually think it's a pretty fun topic worth discussing. There are plenty of REALLY over acts that I think would have to be used strictly as draws and special attractions - without ever getting a real run as champ.

Just as a supplemental post to stir up some discussion, I thought I'd throw out a list of names that come to mind...

During those early days, guys like Haku and Andre might get some consideration. I don't know how much Andre would get by on his strength and intimidation at THAT point of his career, but it's probably worth noting.

Taker is another guy that held that "real tough guy" rep with most of the crew. It's easy to envision him carrying the strap - perhaps through those lean years.

Does a red-hot Shamrock get a shot on top? The "World's Most Dangerous Man" thing was a pretty big deal for him at one point. Even strictly in the Super Fight realm, Ken was never the smoothest or most skilled guy - but he had crazy strength and the incredible intensity to make up for some of that.

Angle almost seems like a lock upon his arrival.

In more modern times, what about a guy like Swagger? Are his amateur credentials enough to warrant a decent run?

Other favorites - Regal, Finlay, etc. - could make for fun talking points also.

Here's hoping you guys get around to this (or something similar) during a slow week or whatever.

• 3 weeks later...

Just as a supplemental post to stir up some discussion, I thought I'd throw out a list of names that come to mind...

During those early days, guys like Haku and Andre might get some consideration. I don't know how much Andre would get by on his strength and intimidation at THAT point of his career, but it's probably worth noting.

Taker is another guy that held that "real tough guy" rep with most of the crew. It's easy to envision him carrying the strap - perhaps through those lean years.

Does a red-hot Shamrock get a shot on top? The "World's Most Dangerous Man" thing was a pretty big deal for him at one point. Even strictly in the Super Fight realm, Ken was never the smoothest or most skilled guy - but he had crazy strength and the incredible intensity to make up for some of that.

Angle almost seems like a lock upon his arrival.

In more modern times, what about a guy like Swagger? Are his amateur credentials enough to warrant a decent run?

Other favorites - Regal, Finlay, etc. - could make for fun talking points also.

Here's hoping you guys get around to this (or something similar) during a slow week or whatever.

Taz always looked like a badass...

Bob holly looked funny, but seemed legit

Swagger is kinda sloppy, not chuck palumbo sloppy (billy and chuck)

I was an Adrian Adonis fan, enjoying his stuff right up to his passing.

Challenge - book Adonis back to the WWF in 1988.

Has he dropped weight?

Is he still Adorable?

Any chance of a run as a face, how would it happen and play out as time goes on?

Who would he feud against?

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...