Pro Wrestling Only

Mailbag Questions for New Dangerous Alliance Podcast

Here's one that Will is going to enjoy: rebook the Adorable Adrian character from 1987 (match/feud with Piper at WM III still happens) until a send off in 1989. Only it's Adorable Buddy Rose.

Another one: Stan Hansen is devastated after the Brody loss and retires in 1988, Dr. Death fucks up and is banned from the entire country of Japan in 1990, the Gordy debacle still happens, The Trooper character gets on fire and the AWA doesn't die and Johnny Ace somehow gives Motoko herpes and is fired. Rebook the AJPW 90s gaijin roster. You can use anyone from the era but you can't steal talent from New Japan (Vader or Steiners).

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry about it. I didn't even think about it being a Japanese deal and on the first episode you guys made it clear that you'd not focus on foreign wrestling. The fun of the question/answer games is to see the process of thinking on your feet with a time limit and then seeing JT give his point of view, which is often refreshing because it's quite different than yours.

I agree with pantherwagner on that :-) ... JT is almost completely aligned with my nostalgia vote (his begins with 90 WWF and my total nostalgia would also include 87-89 WWF). Back then there was pretty much no way of getting Memphis, Mid-South, Crockett or anything like it in Denmark, so I was all WWF. Flash forward and the stuff I've liked best of all I've been exposed to since, more often than not aligns with Will's tastes. It's like 10-year old me and 35-year old me is making a podcast together :-) ... The combo of your different tastes and styles is a great match.

When would there be a podcast that would be similar to the Dangerous Alliance podcast, but would be hosted by Scott Criscuolo & Johnny Sorrow called the 4 Horseman Podcast, where they tackle 3 challenges and a mailbag with Matt D producing and keeping track of the time in each challenge. It would be done during the weeks that Kevin Kelly & Main Event record.

Really enjoyed the debate over Road Warriors and Demolition, where it turned into Generation or Region, as to how that influenced your thought process of those two teams. Maybe Generation or Region could be a new game.

There doesn't even need to be a defining answer, as both your generation and the region you grew up in, would both have influence over your views. And each wrestler, tag team, angle, feud, etc would be seen differently based on those variables. Take a topic, debate Generation or Region, and let the sparks fly.

In 1992, WWF forms the stable Misfits In Action 8 years early with the newly turned Sgt. Slaughter as the leader.

Pick a Captain, Lieutenant, Corporal, and Private to join him in his quest to make America beautiful again.

Can be anyone around wrestling during that period.

Any names that can compete with General E. Rection, Lt. Loco, and Private Stash?

Idea for a new game Defend Your Corner.

Justin at one point said he liked Honky Tonk Man, Will said he had no time for him at all (I'm with Will here as Steamboat was also my childhood idol).

Will has love for El Dandy, while I don't think Justin has really every seen his stuff (neither have I, just using these two wrestlers as an example). So from there, Justin and Will have to fight for their guy, taking it in turns to make a point, as to who contributed more to the wrestling business.

This is spawned by a conversation tomk and I had on Twitter.

Think of as many ECW-turned-York-Foundation new gimmick names as possible.

For example:

Robert Van Dam

Christopher Chetti

Rhinocerous

Daniel Doring

Maybe this could be in game form where the idea is to keep going back and forth. Anyone who has longer than a five-second delay has to do whatever you want the loser to have to do.