Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Rulebook

Grimmas

Ohio is Georgia's until WWF INVADES their territory in October. Or do you want to dispute Dave Meltzer's 1983 Yearbook which states for October 8th "Vince McMahon's WWF goes into Georgia cities touching off a feud throughout Ohio. McMahon opens up to 2300 in Cincy and 2000 in Dayton"

Does the WWF plan on invading KrisZ's secondary market of Ohio then?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's odd. There are all these results from cagematch.net that say GCW and locations in Ohio. Dates and locations such as these:

(29.01.1983) GCW @ Ohio Center in Columbus, Ohio, USA

(30.01.1983) GCW @ Riverfront Coliseum in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

(03.02.1983) GCW @ Hara Arena in Dayton, Ohio, USA

(20.02.1983) GCW @ Ohio Center in Columbus, Ohio, USA

(08.04.1983) GCW @ Hara Arena in Dayton, Ohio, USA

(09.04.1983) GCW @ Riverfront Coliseum in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

(04.05.1983) GCW @ The Breakaway in Akron, Ohio, USA

(07.05.1983) GCW @ Riverfront Coliseum in Cincinnatti, Ohio, USA

WWF @ Akron, OH - Copley High School Gym - February 26, 1983 (2,700)

WWF @ Warren, OH - WD Packard Music Hall - February 27, 1983 (3,000; sell out)

WWF @ Steubenville, OH - St. Johns Arena - March 18, 1983 (6,500)

WWF @ Struthers, OH - Fieldhouse - April 3, 1983 (3,500; sell out)

WWF @ East Liverpool, OH - April 13, 1983 (1,500)

WWF @ Akron, OH - Copley High School - April 14, 1983 (1,000)

And so on.

You are also stirring Southwest booker man, these lands are a long way from the Southwest. I suggest you keep your beak out.

I am not happy about people wanting to compete in established WWF secondary markets such as Ohio, LA and Detroit.

Hold up here on Ohio boss......GCW was running Columbus, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Akron, Dayton, & Mansfield at this time as well as West Virginia, and some towns in Michigan such as Saginaw, Lansing, etc

I couldn't find attendance for "The Breakaway in Akron, Ohio" but judging by the other arenas GCW was running in Ohio I am assuming it held more than the Copley High School Gym. I would say that should give GCW the town.

Assuming we confirm the higher capacity of The Breakaway.

You are also stirring Southwest booker man, these lands are a long way from the Southwest. I suggest you keep your beak out.

I would also like to state that comments, or even perhaps threats such as this really have no place in what is simply a conversation between promoters over who should run what town. As an outsider to the NWA organization, I think I have standing as a partial mediator.

Since we have both been running Ohio earlier in the year, I think it is fair that we can both carry on running shows there.

Detroit, however, is mine. As you will see, I am the territory closest to Michigan and it is a natural place for me to run.

California is mine.

We have already agreed that Central States will run St. Louis.

So you agree that we can both keep running shows in Ohio?

You run your towns I'll run mine

I am glad that I could have a helping hand in seeing what could have turned into a catastrophic territory war get peacefully resolved.

I guess it's ridiculous if you want to ignore that they were already running those towns regularly in July, 1983 while WWF wasn't. And that the promoter of Georgia succinctly told you "You run your towns I'll run mine" to which you responded asking him about running towns such as Cincinatti & Dayton which you have not run before in arenas you've never been in.

Ignoring those things, it IS ridiculous. Not quite as ridiculous as a Northeast territory claiming something all the way out on the West Coast though. Something like that would make you think the WWF had national aspirations.