Pro Wrestling Only

1983 Rulebook

Grimmas

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I don't really see what business GCW has doing up there. Ohio is on the WWF's doorstep.

Cleveland is one of the most naturally WWF towns there is. It's ridiculous that a Southern promotion is trying to claim any of those towns.

Dude they started running there in 1981 off of TBS and drew major houses

WWA hadn't promoted there since losing the promotional war to The Sheik in the 70s but they did promote in Toledo, OH which isn't super far away.

I'm more shocked that the WWF and GCW were potentially fighting over my hometown of Warren than I was Cleveland.

I'm having trouble finding the post where this was set : what is the final word on how long the draft clock is and what is the result if somebody doesn't post their pick in time?

10 hours.. consequence is the next person can start picking and the draft continues. You can still make your pick asap, but you get bumped down the draft order until you are ready.

Page one of this thread has the rules, but:

Picking your Talent:

1) There will be a snaked draft from the remaining available talent.

2) It will be done on the board.

3) Once a pick is made, the person on the clock has 10 hours to pick. if they miss their 10 hours then the next person can pick and the person who missed their pick can insert their pick ASAP (like the NFL draft, put 10 hours instead of 6 minutes)

4) If you pick a tag team you forfeit your next pick. Although, feel free to pick only one member of a tag team.

5) You can pick any available talent (ie everyone on the list, minus the freelancers).

6) Draft goes until all talent is picked or people drop out (Maybe a max roster of 32)

Got it , I seem to recall there was some discussion about shortening the time when it wasn't overnight but it looks like the status quo remained unchanged.

I know everyone is wanting to get started ASAP but with 18 people in the draft in different time zones & different continents there's probably just no good way to get it done faster. I'd rather everyone be get their chance to draft and possibly have to push back the July, 1st start date rather than try and rush it through.

Got it , I seem to recall there was some discussion about shortening the time when it wasn't overnight but it looks like the status quo remained unchanged.

I know everyone is wanting to get started ASAP but with 18 people in the draft in different time zones & different continents there's probably just no good way to get it done faster. I'd rather everyone be get their chance to draft and possibly have to push back the July, 1st start date rather than try and rush it through.

I will run my July 1st show even with less talent. By that point it will only be low undercarders left so if they get added later it's cool.

EDIT: I assume things will be faster on the weekend.

Can we get a ruling on Boon taking Jimmy Golden & Robert Fuller together? They were a real on again off again team and I know Robert Fuller was listed as injured also. If they were teaming at the time of Robert's injury I think it should be allowed though.