Pro Wrestling Only

Tag Team Question

Dylan Waco

I don't have a problem with drafting future teams separately and pairing them up, but you shouldn't be able to draft them together if they weren't a team yet July 1st 1983

This is how I feel. Don't even think you should be able to draft past teams if they weren't together as of July 1st and had not been for some time. Otherwise that would have changed my draft strategy for my planned team of Dr. D & Dennis Condrey (who teamed for a bit in Memphis in 1980)

I don't have a problem with drafting future teams separately and pairing them up, but you shouldn't be able to draft them together if they weren't a team yet July 1st 1983

This is how I feel. Don't even think you should be able to draft past teams if they weren't together as of July 1st and had not been for some time. Otherwise that would have changed my draft strategy for my planned team of Dr. D & Dennis Condrey (who teamed for a bit in Memphis in 1980)

I don't care either way, what do others think? I don't plan on drafting former teams at all.

I think it has to be reasonable in the sense that the two had a fairly long tenure as a past team.

Otherwise you risk letting people pair wrestlers up that may have teamed for a few months, and may have been drafted earlier as a team if everyone knew that was allowed.

I don't care either way, what do others think? I don't plan on drafting former teams at all.

Depends on what it is. If someone wants to draft The Blackjacks together that would be ok with me even though they weren't teaming at the time. It would need to be something on that level, a team that was clearly established as a team, had a long run together and did eventually reunite to team up for a bit.

It couldn't have happened due to saves but if someone had decided in the 1st round that they wanted to draft The Texas Outlaws: Dusty Rhodes & Dick Murdoch then that wouldn't have been ok.

Depends on what it is. If someone wants to draft The Blackjacks together that would be ok with me even though they weren't teaming at the time. It would need to be something on that level, a team that was clearly established as a team, had a long run together and did eventually reunite to team up for a bit.

It couldn't have happened due to saves but if someone had decided in the 1st round that they wanted to draft The Texas Outlaws: Dusty Rhodes & Dick Murdoch then that wouldn't have been ok.

That seems perfect. No drafting a team that was short lived from 81 or something silly.

Kris what an out Dusty / Murdoch example

Big no. Someone trying to set up taking 2 big names that were a team years ago. If they weren't a regular team in the past year then it should be a no. Regular, not on again off again. Otherwise why not try and save Jerry Lawler & Bill Dundee as a tag team?

Dylan if you are really that worried about keeping it secret if you can't do it, just ask KrisZ in a PM. I think everyone would be happy deferring to his judgment on the issue.

You couldn't save them because Dundee was in GCW

No one has taken big name former teams yet together so this isn't a problem

It's come up because it's being thought about trying it.

If you were trying to take say Adonis and Murdoch at the same time when they weren't teaming then plus in separate promotions then yes it is a problem but if you took them separately rounds apart it shouldn't matter because people had their chance to take the 2nd guy