Pro Wrestling Only

NWA On Demand

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the Street/Linda vs Dundee match and loved it. One of the best handicap matches ever. The story was so simple. Anytime that Dundee had an advantage against Street, Linda interfered. Anytime that he went after Linda, Street took over on him. He had to fight on two fronts and try to fight out of a corner and the build just kept ramping up and up until he finally was able to counter her attack long enough to force the heel miscommunication. Even then, he lost the war.

Great stuff.

Bockwinkel match list = DROOL (please get me a towel)

Funny enough, most of those matches were written about in the Weston Family of mags with various stories. I remember a Rich vs. Bock article specifically, and I have an old AWA promo of Bock and Heenan talking about the upcoming Slater match. Some very exciting stuff coming when all that gets put up.

The AWA match rights question is interesting but the reverse rule should ring true in your favour, Bruce. If the footage was sent to another area to promote a wrestler, it became part of their library as a result. it's why footage sometimes popped up in VKM's library before he actually had the rights to it via purchase. "You got a copy, you can use it as part of your own library/promotions/etc." is what the rule seems to have always been.

What are the two matches from Minneapolis you have? Very curious if they are "new".

Having interviewed Bruce for Pro Wrestling Weekend multiple times and having talked to him at length about the NWA at CAC the last several years, I can tell you he's as passionate as the best of us.

Watched the Dusty/Brown vs. Hart/Krupp and Johnson vs. Brody matches that are up earlier today and especially loved Johnson vs. Brody. A lot more than I probably should have. I feel like a kid at Christmas every day I see the new match upload.

This isn't specifically Classics related but due to the exposure to Boesch as a personality that we've gotten from his commentary, things like the Guerrero promo, and reading a few threads on kayfabememories about him, i decided to pick up the kindle version of his war memoir. I'm a quarter of the way through. Obviously there's really no wrestling content in it, but on its own, it's very gripping, especially if you can find his very specific voice in it. I'll admit that I haven't really been able to as of yet, mainly due to the striking nature of the content. Anyone with even a passing interesting in World War II should check it out.

Very happy that you enjoyed the Street/Linda vs Dundee match / and the Pat Rose - Hans Schroeder vs. PYT's tag match! I am also enjoying the mid-card matches almost as much - and sometimes more than the Main Event matches. Of course ANY Gino Hernandez or Jose Lothario match is good. Just posted MAGNUM TA vs. ERNIE LADD! Enjoy!

And if you're like a kid at Christmas everytime a match gets released (don't feel bad - because I feel the same way) get ready to enjoy Christmas everyday for the next few YEARS! And to JHawk - thank you so much for your support of the NWA - and yes I am passionate about this brand. I have finally come to the realization (and my family has too) that this something that I am now devoting my life to. I'm an "all in" or nothing kind of guy and with regard to the NWA - rest assured that I am ALL IN. I'm taking this brand as far as I can possibly take it.

Okay guys I have made my decision. The Bockwinkle matches are going up. We will post the Ricky Hunter match tomorrow and the Nacho Barrera match the next day.

There is a precedent set by WWE itself because I've seen them play matches they don't own that were sent to other territories (like the Empty Arena Lawler/Funk match) on the old WWE Classics 24/7 cable on demand service. Although I'd err on the side of caution just because they are petty as hell.

Calm down though Matt_D those sound like AWA TV squash matches sent to Houston to hype up Bock.

Okay guys I have made my decision. The Bockwinkle matches are going up. We will post the Ricky Hunter match tomorrow and the Nacho Barrera match the next day.

There is a precedent set by WWE itself because I've seen them play matches they don't own that were sent to other territories (like the Empty Arena Lawler/Funk match) on the old WWE Classics 24/7 cable on demand service. Although I'd err on the side of caution just because they are petty as hell.

Calm down though Matt_D those sound like AWA TV squash matches sent to Houston to hype up Bock.

Bock can't be hyped enough.

Even TV squash matches with Bockwinkle have to be good - especially the one with Ricky Hunter! And the Gagne commentary will be interesting to listen to. We also have other tape from other non-Houston promotions we could air - there's the Terry Funk World Title win from Miami Beach - possibly a Jack Brisco match from Japan - maybe even some Sheik material from Detroit. And don't get too excited cause there's not much of it - still mainly Houston.

Bruce, is the Terry Funk title win in full? I have seen clips of that match as well as Terry's amazing promo from after it. Florida footage always seems to be clips because of the way they did the TV, often with Solie and one of the wrestlers talking over it after the fact.

From what I've seen Terry and Brisco had amazing chemistry.

There is so little of Terry-as-champ on tape, anything at all would be interesting.

• Loss unpinned this topic