Pro Wrestling Only

WWE 9/21 - 9/27: Cause Grimmas has no internet

Johnny Sorrow

I started watching NXT when it switched from a "let's humiliate the guy the fans want" contest to an actual weekly wrestling show. Bo was great there, but clearly the gimmick wasn't going to work on the main roster and it didn't on a major scale.

I just hate it when it seems like guys aren't even given the chance to succeed when they get these boat anchor gimmicks.

I like Bo Dallas's gimmick quite a lot. The catchphrase gives me a great kick. I think he just needs to be harder to catch. He's not very imposing so it just makes him look stupid to piss people off and get his come-uppance within the same episode. He should be slippery and more chicken-shit rather than just getting by on 'positivity'

It's funny that, excluding the women and the proven non-WWE stars that with very few exceptions (Big E. and Rusev), NXT has really been best at developing managers (Bo, Enzo, Xavier. Sandow was an FCW product but one of the guys who bridged the gap. Wyatt is a manager whose development as a worker, at which he's often been great, has been kind of stunted by him being made into a manager.) for a company that has no use for managers. God bless Dusty, right?

Of course, but that's also exactly the reason why "he should ditch the silly gimmick and get a better push" is the absolute last thing that needs to happen.

Oh, I don't see him going up the card at all, but I do wish they'd re-tool it a little bit. He has a great insincere smile and he sounds like a motivational speaker, but I'd like to see them dial it up way, way more. Give the guy a headset mic and have him give a copy of his latest audiobook to fans as he walks to the ring. Hold seminars with other wrestlers where he condescends to them about how their lives and careers have fallen apart. That sort of thing. That gimmick requires more of a cult of personality than he has.

I'd love it if the WWE decided to make both Rotunda brothers into cult leaders of very different sorts of stables. I can see that being the kind of inside joke Vince loved. Giving Bo a stable of white-clad failed lower mid-carders as his Bolievers would be the perfect ying to Bray Wyatt's yang. You've got guys like Axel, Fandango, Sandow, Slater all as talented guys doing nothing at all....heck, you could even labour the joke by making a returning Rowan into a Boliever.

Of course, but that's also exactly the reason why "he should ditch the silly gimmick and get a better push" is the absolute last thing that needs to happen.

Oh, I don't see him going up the card at all, but I do wish they'd re-tool it a little bit. He has a great insincere smile and he sounds like a motivational speaker, but I'd like to see them dial it up way, way more. Give the guy a headset mic and have him give a copy of his latest audiobook to fans as he walks to the ring. Hold seminars with other wrestlers where he condescends to them about how their lives and careers have fallen apart. That sort of thing. That gimmick requires more of a cult of personality than he has.

Frank TJ Mackey would be an incredible gimmick