Pro Wrestling Only

WWE 9/21 - 9/27: Cause Grimmas has no internet

Johnny Sorrow

So is there a Raw thread I'm missing? Or even a Raw post that I'm missing ?

Well guess who's watching his first full show of Raw on Cable via TV for the first time in years? Yeah I'm living at my parents for a short time God willing, so here's one perk....right? Anyone? I guess I won't use those two sentences on ladies.

So damn they actually made the Kane story line into something that can actually turn out into an awesome storyline that has lots of potential if it's done right. There are millions of possibilities if they are going dual personality. Imagine:

Kane books himself in a 6 pack challenge match with Himself, Rollins, Sting, whoever.,.corporate Kane would book himself only in a match he could help with. And he gets knocked down under ring, re emerges with slacks off and fire tights, with mask. maybe he becomes more like old Kane over time. With full mask.

Gotta be clever and spend more time but I could write a million ideas for this. Eventually in a match to help Seth, maybe a triple threat, to get them 1 on 1(they would take out any challenger together to get him KO'd for awhile). Cena or Orton would work IF they go with the idea Kane gets the revenge and becomes champion. I'm ok with that if he is really retiring after Mania. And no I don't mean main event Wrestlemania at all. Just as a transitional champion either back to Rollins or to the guy Rollins beats at Mania.

gotta be smart with this though.

And lol just like that before I could finish editing this they killed my idea haha. I realized why it would never work. Kane's character has already been mishandled for so long and been jobbed out so much vs. his original incarnation.

sorry if I sound 13 years old, but any version of masked Kane beats the hell out of that bored arsey looking, suit-wearing bizness Kane saying "...because that's what's best for business"

Kane is actually hilarious when you think about it in any depth. He's the most successful spin-off in the history of the planet. He's like if the show Joey had somehow ran for 20 years. And let's not pretend it's really cos of anything else but that dumb-arsed mask

Totally disagree with this. I thought the whole Kane/Rollins stuff from this year was actually really well done and the most interesting that Kane has been as a character in years. Old veteran Kane who is pissed about this young punk disrespecting him and having the whole world handed to him by HHH is way more compelling than smoke and mirrors bullshit Kane.

I don't have a problem with the split personality aspect of him being a different person with the mask on though. I just think the last two "Demon Kane" runs were really fucking shitty and that the current mask looks awful.

First off I got a little ahead of myself with that storyline lol. I tend to forget how 95% of wrestlers are bad actors. The other 5% would have a tough time with that storyline. But I like to think outside the box, and I appreciate companies taking creative risks. That's why up until 2013 when TNA became completely unwatchable, I appreciated it being different and trying new stuff creatively, trying to find that spark of a storyline that turned them into competition or whatever, just make some money atleast. Like the way they would film backstage in a documentary style instead of the weird hidden camera style WWE has used since like 2000 and hasn't changed a bit. Also the Joeseph Park/Abyss storline(which now that I think about it, was pretty much the same thing as what I re commended. And I'm not as down as most on Abyss. I mean he's not good but he's surely better than Kane). Also the Aces and 8s storyline had potential but again they used a bunch of WWE jobbers and made it worthless.

The supernatural/dark side stuff is tricky because it goes from cool to Wrestlecrap real fast. Also it can get offensive to some like the Punk/Taker feud over desecration of Paul Bearer. I liked most of the Kane-Undertaker feud leading to the WrestleMania 14/Unforgiven matches except the whole "shooting lightning" on Raw thing. I liked the Inferno match at the time because it was worked as smart as it could've been without being an Onita FMW match.

The thing is that these guys have to be able to actually do that kick, punch, slam, suplex wrestling thing to pay these things off. That's why the Undertaker has actually been able to do it all these years, he's been able to go out there and have a great match or a great gimmick brawl. That's one reason I always liked the Taker-Foley feud. There were two all time wrestlers and out there characters that had great matches even in uncharted territory: Buried Alive match, boiler room brawl etc. in the end they had The Definitive Blowoff too in the HIAC, which is the reason Foley became a top star and that Vince is still making money off that gimmick next month.

I'll admit it.. I appreciate Vince Russo and his style. Good contributions and bad ones too. I'd have to do a lot of re watching of 1999 WWF PPVs and then Raws when I can get The Network which will be tough after reading that Highway to heck thread. In WCW I liked some of his stuff. Like using the Triple Cage from the movie, I loved that gimmick. It was just crazy they'd have such a thing. It was part of the reason I got back into wrestling at the very end of 2000 and have been almost entirely since. That, the 6 man HIAC clips, seeing this new look, huge, main event Triple H and being intrigued. He just tried changing too much at once, and degraded the hardcore longtime fans trying to appeal to a new demographic. I like big changes but you can't kill the cruiserweights, lose all the great workers with star potential(Radicals), piss off the Legends like Hogan and Flair and turn everything upside down. Still I like watching it as an alternative to whatever's on sometimes.

Anyway I ramble as always.

It seems like the social media teams published their Raw teases as scheduled and no one remembered to tell them Sting was off the show.

Also we need to be talking more about the greatness that is Xavier Woods and him playing Rusev's them on the trombone last night.

The opening segment was pretty good. The Wyatts and the faces brawl was believable.

Yeah, Johnny, that Big Show promo was pretty damn good.

Nice to see some longer matches.

They might actually start treating the Divas title like it matters.

This Kane feud seems like something to build to a Raw main event, not a PPV/Network special.

i think Kane/Rollins is perfectly passable as the midcard title match at Hell in a Cell. With Taker/Lesnar in a Cell, the rest of the card barely matters, especially to fans who are currently on-board with the product (haters gonna hate).

Throw in what looks to be Orton/Reigns/Ambrose vs. Wyatts, the Ryback/Owens rematch, I'm guessing some sort of Cena defense (I'd like it to be someone vastly different from Owens and Rollins - maybe Henry? maybe Miz? Jericho? - that can wrestle him in a match that doesn't rely on popping the crowd with crazy moves every 8 seconds), plus Charlotte vs. Nikki again (?) and you have a perfectly reasonable show headlined by the biggest match possible in October 2015. Whoops, left off New Day, Rusev, Cesaro, and Sheamus too.

I don't think Kane/Rollins would be an interesting, attention-getting main event on 9 out of 10 Network specials, but like the Kane/Bryan match at Extreme Rules 2014 (which also featured, if I'm not mistaken, Cena/Wyatt in a cage, and Shield/Evolution), it makes sense storyline-wise, it isn't necessarily positioned as THE top match on the card, and it may surprise us by being fun.

Braun Strowman is awesome. I've learned a new way of looking at a lot of wrestlers, like how they play to their character perfectly(old Andre, Hall of Pain Henry), and realized why I liked those guys when I wasn't "supposed to" as a smart or whatever, and this guy does it for me. Get this man a Chokeslam or Powerbomb finisher though.

He's gotta be better than Khali right? Am I the only one looking forward to Braun v. Cena, Big Show, Cesaro and not likely but, Lesnar?

Holy fuck, was NXT great tonight. It was a pretty much perfect hour of Pro Wrestling TV. Even the Eva Marie vs Carmella match was good shit since it cemented her being a heel, and used the botch of her not kicking out and the ref stopping the count a few weeks ago is now part of the angle , as it's them running with the crowd there being mad she's wrestling. Now it's apparently going to be an angle that she's being shoved to the top because of paid off referee. Or some twist on that. I can get behind that.

Braun Strowman is awesome. I've learned a new way of looking at a lot of wrestlers, like how they play to their character perfectly(old Andre, Hall of Pain Henry), and realized why I liked those guys when I wasn't "supposed to" as a smart or whatever, and this guy does it for me. Get this man a Chokeslam or Powerbomb finisher though.

He's gotta be better than Khali right? Am I the only one looking forward to Braun v. Cena, Big Show, Cesaro and not likely but, Lesnar?

I agree with you. The idea that everyone has to be some kind of workrate master is one of the most annoying things about wrestling right now.

I haven't watched since his first appearance really but I thought his debut was as well executed as it possibly could have been. He has a really unique look and I think if he turns out to be even halfway decent he'll have a nice career as a monster heel.

Eva Marie is actually getting better. Can't run the ropes with a shit still, but the character work was good.

LOVED the Control Center. I'm stoked to see the quarterfinal matches, and a big part of it is the promos. Letting the guys actually look into the damn camera while they talk makes a huge difference. It's funny how the little things that happen in NXT get so much accomplished. Enzo and Cass nailed their promo, and Joe was money, too. That little slap on the belt and Balor's subtle reaction just might be a little foreshadowing. Maybe a loss to Enzo and Cass sets up an angle?

Asuka's debut was cool, but it was the end that totally made it. That smile? Dana and Emma are dead.

The only thing that could've made this episode better was a Wilder/Dawson tag team match. I was really hoping their tag tournament match was on the show. Wilder's Arn Anderson tribute act fucking rules.

Asuka's debut was cool, but it was the end that totally made it. That smile? Dana and Emma are dead.

The only thing that could've made this episode better was a Wilder/Dawson tag team match. I was really hoping their tag tournament match was on the show. Wilder's Arn Anderson tribute act fucking rules.

Asuka's debut is one of those times I wish I'd not impatiently read the spoilers to find out about her debut. Everything I read basically said "Emma and Dana taunted her, Asuka left the ring looking sad", whereas the reality (Asuka turns round with a slightly sadistic smile, Emma and Dana look concerned in the ring) makes me think the heels have just signed their own death warrant.

All in on Dawson/Wilder too. Such a good team, love the way they really seem to get tag psychology. Don't think any heel team in NXT cuts the ring off as well as they do, plus they've got a great finisher.

When Asuka got kicked out I was all in waiting for her to turn around and beat the shit out of them, but then she walked away and smiled back at them and that was about fifty times cooler because that was badass and creepy as fuck and now can't wait for her to not only beat the shit out of them but kill them dead and eat their insides.

That was "Kharma stares at Michelle McCool" levels of making an immediate statement that you're going to be racking up a body count.

Loved the debut segment, but after watching Kana matches to get familiar with her it was weird seeing her come out in the Steph Collection power suit. Props to Dana and Emma for their "we done fucked up" faces being the cherry on top of the awesomeness.

It seems like the new plan is to have Bayley/Dana/Emma/Asuka as the new top four women while Eva builds up her heel cred and hopefully works her way up to not being completely terrible.

There were rumblings not too long ago that Bo was getting repackaged, and I hope that didn't fall victim to the dreaded PLANS CHANGE maneuver. I'm not saying he's main event material but the guy deserves something better than the garbage gimmick he was stuck with right out of the gates.