Pro Wrestling Only

Jack Tunney's announcement.

Grimmas

If you are quitting because you can't use everyone ELSE'S talent then YOU'RE the problem not the person who isn't answering your PMs. So he couldn't get guys from All Star? Big deal. He never asked me for anyone, how do I know how many other people he didn't ask.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kris quit because part of his show was meant to be a showcase for the rest of the NWA. It's hard to showcase something that's barely there.

That's just one reason, but I think it illustrates that this is in the end a cooperative venture and we need to all at least be present.

You can't blame that on Wahoo or El Boricua. How many active promotions sent him stuff for his Sunday show that was supposed an NWA showcase? How many active promotions have sent anything to JHawk? Don't try and act like it's all the inactive promotions fault.

I've already figured out the next 3 things I plan on sending for the "This week in the AWA" and I suspect rainmaker has also so that showcase show is going to be fine.

Yes it would be ideal if everyone had the same level of activity but that's not going to happen and forcing people out who are behind (especially if they are still active in doing deals) doesn't solve anything it just makes the problem of not having enough promotions even worse.

To me that's just a part of the argument.

There's also the issue of so many drafts and drop-outs being a huge distraction. Hard to have plans and execute them when you know they will change again in two weeks when two more people drop out. By the time you have re-calibrated, you have to do it all over again.

If you're bothered by having too many drafts then why are we trying to actively force people out and create more? If someone says they're in then leave them alone and don't worry about them.

You can't just say "well this person is active and says they're in it for the long haul so we don't have to worry about them" because no one screamed louder they were in until the very end than JVK and Grimmas and they are both gone.

I'd much rather leave open the possibility that the people who are behind can get caught up and become more active than just shut them down and contract the number of promotions even further. I don't see what that solves. If we had a bunch of new writers waiting to come in that would be a different situation. But we don't.

We've already seen Jesse fall behind twice and get caught back up twice. Wouldn't it have been bad for the project if we'd have just kicked him out and not given him the chance?

Maybe a roster cap might be useful to keep everyone on equal ground. This cap would increase the number of wrestlers in the free agent pool and maybe new writers would see more of an opportunity to start a promotion. I was involved in a similar game on another site and ran Polynesian Pro Wrestling. I came in late and had like 100 wrestlers to pick from to make a roster out of. That was doable. Our free agent pool is like 10 wrestlers and new writers see that it is impossible to make a successful promotion out of what we have left. And I know that one person running two promotions is against the rules but we now seem to have a shrinking NWA and a growing AWA. If you ran a promotion in each organization and were not allowed to trade between your two rosters it could keep everyone on equal ground. Make a place like Memphis, which I run, go completely AWA or NWA instead of in the middle. Put ICW in either. Maybe we should protect the integrity of the NWA or AWA instead of trying to win 1983. I am not advocating war but peace. We are all in this because we like wrestling, enjoy reading about and enjoy creative writing. The more promotions we have involved, the better. As people leave, we just absorb these promotions until there is only one of us left. This is not what any of us want. I recommend someone make a list of promotions that are available and open them up to any new writers. If we each need to give up a wrestler or two to get a new promotion writer on board so be it.

I have only been here a short time but it seems much more competitive then the other site I was in. There, it was tying to climb the ranks of the NWA. Here it is run as many independent groups. I would really like to see more of a focus on tying to earn AWA or NWA title shots and being lead by one or two governing bodies instead of 10-15 indies.

There is no war kevin. Boon went AWA just because he thought it would be a fun shake up. No one is thinking about it as an AWA vs. NWA war at least not on the AWA side. I'm definitely not trying to "win" anything I just want to write my shows. I never did understand the whole "expansion" desires because the whole thing was set up as a territory project not a "take over the world" project. Territory wrestling was the best wrestling so I don't understand the desire to "go national" in this project.

I've been having my guys focus on winning AWA World Tag Team Title shots more than an AWA World Title shot though just because my promotion is tag team focused.

I loved Boon's last show and his AWA This Week Show. I wish there were more people focused on the governing board. In 1983, I was 11 and loved reading the wrestling magazines about all the territories I did not see on my television set. With more focus on a seperate AWA or a stronger NWA, we might survive but all of this infighting on rosters, size, cities, etc.... this is going under

I don't really care about cities or rosters and I don't know why other people are worried about any cities or rosters other than their own. People being inactive isn't that big of a deal, the more promotions who drop out the more everyone's rosters get bloated and it will still lead to a bunch of wrestlers not doing anything.

The existing promotions getting bigger and bigger is probably going to contribute as much to making people feel overwhelmed and want to quit more than leaving the inactive ones alone. What are you really going to do with a roster of like 40+ people?

I don't really care about cities or rosters and I don't know why other people are worried about any cities or rosters other than their own. People being inactive isn't that big of a deal, the more promotions who drop out the more everyone's rosters get bloated and it will still lead to a bunch of wrestlers not doing anything.

The existing promotions getting bigger and bigger is probably going to contribute as much to making people feel overwhelmed and want to quit more than leaving the inactive ones alone. What are you really going to do with a roster of like 40+ people?

If there is a draft, you don't have to select people do you?

I don't want anyone out. My roster is enough to support me for a long, long time and I have no need of more. What I want is active promotions to read and deal with. The feeling of an actual system of territories operating on roughly the same schedule.

This 100 percent. Put aside the feelings about new talent and whatever.

We started planning this in June. Shows began in July. It is now October. We should not be allowing the same "benefit of the doubt" people had when we started. Why be a part of something if you are never going to participate?

We already have a lot of active promotions with AWA, Southeastern, Southwest, Montreal, JCP, Mid-South, WWA & WCCW. We got 3 new writers in, 2 of which have already written their first shows so you could add Florida and Memphis to the list. That's 10, possibly up to 11 active promotions.

If we wind up with new writers coming in then I could see an argument for pushing someone out to give them a place to write but we're not in that situation yet.

But it is a good point that YOU have complete control over your roster size. No one is forcing you to make selections in the draft, right? If you want to try and run 40+, it is your choice.

The kicking people out thing is atrocious especially due to you being one of the pioneers of saying 30 days of inactivity and someone is gone. If you stance has changed, then that is fine. I don't want to kick people out either, but a specific protocol needs to be put in place and the merger thing, in my opinion is outdated at this point.

I don't want anyone out. My roster is enough to support me for a long, long time and I have no need of more. What I want is active promotions to read and deal with. The feeling of an actual system of territories operating on roughly the same schedule.

This is another good point. I want to be able to work with those who are active. Right now Peach and I have an ongoing roster deal for the month, if he drops, those plans could go down the drain and that hurts my promotion especially with my top guy gone.

I think everyone is looking for individuals who will be active and we just have to answer the question to how long an individual can be inactive and hold on to valuable commodities (workers or cities).

We have at least 10 active promotions right now. If you kick out Wahoo & El Boricua the number doesn't suddenly go up. Boricua has been around the whole time making deals, what is the point of pushing him out? Wahoos Leg says he wants to get caught up so what is it hurting to give him the chance to do so?

Flyin' Brian disappeared and hasn't been on the board in over a month, I didn't argue that HE should be allowed to stay in. If someone says they are in, they should stay in until they decide they're out barring a total disappearance.

Wahoo still participates in drafts and answers PMs

I'm tired of drop outs.

If guys who fell behind are staying in indefinitely, fine.

If they are doing wishful thinking, it's time to make a real decision. Grimmas and Kris were caught up all the way to the end and still folded with no warning.

I don't want any more of that.

The other side of closing out those promotions is that it makes it that much harder for a new writer to come in. If we do a dispersal draft on IWF, Stampede, Puerto Rico & Vancouver All Star then how the heck do we fit in a new writer if one wants to come in a month from now? As it stands you can at least make deals with the latter 3 groups even if they're not posting shows.

Who is really going to want to come in and start an 'expansion' territory with a bunch of scrubs? Leaving the inactive promotions there gives you 2 possibilities of more active territories. That either the original owner gets caught up and gets more active or that you get a new writer come in who would want to take it over and THEN you could push out the guy who is behind.