Pro Wrestling Only

Jack Tunney's announcement.

Grimmas

If someone new comes in, they would have an expansion draft from current writers. If we really want new people to come in and take part we will have to be willing to sacrifice pieces of our pie for them.

I have to put it over again, for the purpose of roster size, it is entirely your choice how many people you draft or if you draft at all. This bloated argument is all in the hands of the individual promotions.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had warned LBP about a week before I quit that I was thinking about it so he knew......it got to be too much for me to deal with between doing other things and the fact that other people involved in this game had become dormant hence killing plans that I had made.

Now looking at what's happened since I quit.....I definitely feel like I made the right call when I did.

Why not keep up a dummy promotion and just have the roster there, but you just don't get the results?

This is pretty much what I'm arguing with Vancouver & Puerto Rico. Just treat them as dummy promotions and leave them alone until the original writer starts posting shows or a new one comes in.

I just want to emphasize I'm not trying to kick Boricua or Wahoo out.

I'm just trying to stave off any more dropouts in the near future. Boricua has been heavily involved and I know Wahoo checks in from time to time. I don't want anyone, especially those of us that post weekly, to drop out in the next 2-3 months.

The role call last month was worthless if we're still getting dropouts this soon after. If we've dwindled down to the "in for the longhaul" guys, no matter how often they post, I'm fine.

I'm fine with giving Vancouver and PR the label of "dummy promotion" in one sense, but it's a difficult thing once it comes down to execution. If we get a new writer who wants to come in, which one goes? Do Boricua and Wahoo have any say? What process is used to determine these answers? How do we make it fair?

I want to see Boricua's vision for PR, even if it takes a while to get there, because I think he is singularly qualified to define that territory. But I also want to see this thing work without deteriorating further. The frustrating nature of things as they are has already factored into several people leaving and I don't want to see it continue.

I want to see Boricua's vision for PR, even if it takes a while to get there, because I think he is singularly qualified to define that territory. But I also want to see this thing work without deteriorating further. The frustrating nature of things as they are has already factored into several people leaving and I don't want to see it continue.

Exactly.

I'm fine with giving Vancouver and PR the label of "dummy promotion" in one sense, but it's a difficult thing once it comes down to execution. If we get a new writer who wants to come in, which one goes? Do Boricua and Wahoo have any say? What process is used to determine these answers? How do we make it fair?

Let the new writer pick which one he wants. And when it comes to Puerto Rico, I'm sure Boricua would be willing to help a new writer out as an assistant.

I was out all day yesterday and missed a few things. I propose we do a few things.

1. Roster capping, mainly so guys don't get stock piled, how we do that now we'd have to discuss. Which would lead nicely into the following..

2. Free agent list, let's just have a list of guys new writers can pick a roster from. No rules just a list of names.

3. Trade moves limited. Let's say you can only make 6 trades a period, 3 months maybe? Including picking up and dropping guys from the free agents.

4. So at the moment it's only me and Wahoo who has a merged territory, now I was all for it, but I think it would be better if Georgia and Portland could still be picked up for a new guy. I suppose me and Wahoo would have to decide on what promotion we keep.

5. Maybe the merger stuff should happen but capped. Maybe 5 guys and then the rest into a draft, but only one pick? Rest of the guys into free agent list.

6. Closing promotions should probably keep there champions so if someone comes in at least they haven't got to book a load of scrubs as there champions.

At the moment we have no way of catching people's eyes because there isn't a available list. I picked Alabama at the start because I really enjoy the feel of it, I got Georgia through protocol and am trying to incorporate it. But I'd be just as happy if someone wanted to come in and book that area.

if I was a new writer is be more than happy to come in, pick up a roster from the guys in free agents list, I think there is an appeal for that, rather than waiting to see if something happens for a promotion to be freed up.

Sorry yes forgot about that. Yeah, the champions stick with promotions and they go dark.

So Georgia as an example would of been, Jake Roberts, Butch Reed and Koko Ware staying, the rest of the roster goes into a 1 pick draft, and everyone else into the free agent list.

That way new writers could come along and think, I have a decent backbone and I can book a a territory with more than just scrubs (unless your goc, who loves a scrub lol)...