Pro Wrestling Only

UNITED STATES WRESTLING ASSOCIATION

kevinmcfl

14vEsWk.jpg?1

1/25/1985: WTBS

9:05-10:05

Little Rock, Arkansas

“Hello again everybody. Welcome to USWA WRESTLING from Little Rock, Arkansas and The Barton Coliseum. I am Jim Ross and my partner today is the Big Cat, Ernie Ladd. What a card we had last week at the HemisFair Arena in San Antonio. Let’s take a look at a video from that big event.

VIDEO MATCH: USWA HEAVYEIGHT TITLE MATCH

DUSTY RHODES VS TED DIBIASE

As the video begins, we see Ted Dibiase going after the injured knee of Dusty Rhodes as he is using a Spinning toe hold to weaken it even more. Somehow Dusty kicks him off and Dibiase actually falls through the middle rope out onto the floor. As Dibiase gathers himself, the crowd is going wild for the American Dream. Dusty meets Dibiase on the apron but is caught with a shoulder block by Dibiase. Dibiase enters the ring and walks to the other side as the camera catches him putting something into that glove of his.

WHAM!

Dibiase clocks Rhodes and Dusty is out.

1…

2…

I1YFw93.jpg?1

As the video ends, we see Ted Dibiase and fellow Rat Pack member, Dirty Dick Slater, and the interview desk where Dibiase is as arrogant as ever and he is proclaiming all kinds of “I told you so’s.” and how he is the greatest champ the USWA has ever seen.

Jim Ross jumps in and says that it would not even have won the match if it was not for the “loaded” glove.

Ted Dibiase: I have no idea what you are talking about but if is a very big little word and too bad we don’t have to deal with ifs. I tell you what I will do for you tonight Jim Ross. I will give Dusty Rhodes his rematch right now on TV if he comes out here right now and kisses my boots!

Jim Ross: Two things Mr. Dibiase. First and most important, you know that Dusty is not in the arena tonight and second, I guarantee you that he would never kiss your boats. I don’t even think you would have the guts to stand here if Rhodes was came out now.

Ted Dibiase: I don’t know where you get you information from Ross but I know that Rhodes is here tonight and I am sure if you fans cheered loud enough that no good Dirty Rhodes, he would come out here just because you rednecks here in Arkansas asked. I mean he says he would do anything for you snot nosed pig farmers. Go ahead. Give him a cheer and see if your hero has the guts to come out here.

The fans do give a cheer and all of a sudden they erupt as Rhodes comes out.

Jim Ross takes a second look and declares that’s not Dusty Rhodes.

Ted Dibiase: Of course it is Dirty Rhodes. What do you to say for yourself Dirty?

LoJqAEJ.jpg?1

Dirty Rhodes (imposter): Well I just got to thank you Mr. Dibiase for even remembering me. I mean you just whooped my big dirty behind last week and now all I have to do is kiss your boots and you well let me lose to you again right now.

Dirty Rhodes gives the boots a good kiss as Dibiase and Slater have themselves a great laugh.

The group now goes to the ring where Dibiase gives Dirty Rhodes one little shove and he falls down. Dibiase simply steps on his chest as Slater, acting as a ref, makes the three count.

Jim Ross: I am sorry ladies and gentleman. Ted Dibiase is just a disgusting human being. I am sure there will be some level of revenge next week when the real American Dream returns to USWA wrestling.

------------------COMMERCIAL BREAK/PROMOS-----------------

MATCH: TV TITLE MATCH

BILLY JACK HAYNES

VS

ROTTEN RON STARR

A good little 5 minute match here where Billy Jack deals well with Starr’s dirty tactics and comes away with a victory after the Rotten One submits to a full nelson.

When the match ends, with see Skandar Akbar lead Hercules Hernandez out to the interview desk where Akbar says that Billy Jack may be strong but that he is nowhere near as strong as Sheik Hercules Hernandez and that he challenges him to an Arm-Wrestling match right here next week and that when his man wins, he will get a TV title match the following weeks.

Billy Jack comes over and after a few heated moments, accepts the challenge. Akbar is almost laughing at how stupid Billy Jack is and nobody would disagree. Haynes is strong but Hercules seems to dwarf him.

MATCH

TOMMY RICH & EDDIE GILBERT

VS

THE ASSASSINS

A nice victory for Rich and Gilbert here as they seemed to work well together. Quick tags and a lot of energy lead to the win when Gilbert connected with a Hot Shot on Assassin #1.

The two joined Ross and Ladd at the interview desk where Rich takes the lead and says that he and Gilbert go way back and that they are just two good ol southern boys from Tennessee and that people from Tennessee stick together. Rich goes on to thank Gilbert for helping him last week when he was attacked by Tojo Yamamoto.

Gilbert is a little more arrogant in this interview and really hypes up what the new Tennessee Stud Stable means for the Tag Team division here in the USWA. He warns the Perfect Alliance, the Fabulous Ones and anyone else who might get in their way.

m58Bq80.jpg?1

MATCH

HACKSAW JIM DUGGAN

VS

THE GREAT KABUKI with Gary Hart

This match turned out to be a showcase for Duggan as he just whopped up on Kabuki. Kabuki had about a one minute run here after he connected with a nasty thrust kick. Kabuki went into his signature spin and appeared ready to spew his green mist at Duggan. Duggan was a little to quick here and caught Kabuki with a football tackle. The mist seemed to go everywhere but Kabuki went right down for the three count. It was obvious that Duggan was making a point here and putting Hacksaw Reed on notice. Even Ernie Ladd had to give it to him and he hyped up the upcoming match this week at the Lake Front Arena in New Orleans between Reed and Duggan.

After the match, Duggan was ranting about what he was going to do Reed when all of a sudden Reed rushed out. The two squared off and rolled around on the floor for a minute before the ENTIRE locker room emptied trying to keep this big men apart.

MAIN EVENT

KEVIN & KERRY VON ERICH & ICEMAN PARSONS

VS

THE MONSTERS OF THE MIDWAY

(Tojo Yamamoto, Mr. Pogo and Tor Kamata)

This match is wild from the beginning. Tor Kamata amazes the fans with his agility. At over 350 pounds, he was able to walk across the top rope and then connect with a diving head-butt on Kevin Von Erich. All of these seemed to delight the devious Tojo Yamamoto who seemed to want to injure his opponents rather than defeat them. This was very similar to last week when he and Pogo went after Wildfire Rich.

The end turned really scary when Mr. Pogo backed Iceman into the corner and out of nowhere, threw a Fireball at his eyes. The ref quickly called for the bell as Iceman was rolling around on the ground. The Monsters of the Midway didn’t seem to care and no went wild attacking the VonErich’s 3-2.

Both Ross and Ladd were horrified at what they just say and the fans were in shock. Kamata seemed like a rabid dog as he was trying to bite the ears off of Kevin while Tojo and Pogo took turns kicking and chopping at Kerry.

Finally, the crowd erupted as the Miracle Violence Committee (Dr. Death, Manny Fernandez and Terry Gordy) hit the ring and their arch enemies hit the road.

As Jim Ross is getting ready to sign off, he wishes Iceman well and hopes that the Miracle Violence Committee puts these monsters in their place in two weeks in a Steel Cage in the Will Rodgers Coliseum in Ft. Worth, Texas.

In the last minute of the show, we hear from the Miracle Violence Committee and about what they plan to due to this Jap monsters.

Jim Ross: So long from Little Rock, Arkansas. Don’t forget to join us this week at the Lake Front Arena in New Orleans and next week we will be coming to you from the Monroe Civic Center in Monroe, Louisiana.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14vEsWk.jpg?1

1/23/1985: WTBS

Jackson, Mississippi

“Hello again everybody. Welcome to USWA WRESTLING from Jackson, Mississippi and the Mississippi Coliseum. I am Jim Ross and my partner today is the Big Cat, Ernie Ladd. Let’s get right to our first match.

MATCH

SUPERFLY JIMMY SNUKA with Gary Hart

VS

TED ALLEN

Superfly destroys Allen for about two minutes before winning with another Superfly Death Leap.

After the match we hear from Gary Hart who keeps reminding us how stupid Sgt. Slaughter is for sticking his nose into his man’s business. He tries to warn Slaughter to stay away and that he cannot be held responsible when Snuka permanently injures Slaughter. He tells the fans to simply watch the video tape if they don’t believe him.

On the screen we see the end of the recent match between Slaughter and Snuka from the HemisFair Arena.

We see Slaughter and Snuka duking it out in the center of the ring where Slaughter seems to get the best of it and is able to whip Snuka into the ropes and catch him in a Bear Hug. Snuka struggles for a moment before he breaks loose after an eye gouge. From here on out, Snuka is like a wild animal and just goes completely nuts on Slaughter. It is Head-butt after Head-butt until Slaughter is out on his feet. With Slaughter staggering around, Snuka comes off the ropes for a huge Flying Cross Body Block. Slaughter is down and Snuka seems to go to the farthest corner and climb to the top rope.

WHAM!

From ¾ of the way across the ring, Snuka connects with a Superfly Death Leap for the victory. He doesn’t seem satisfied and continues to beat on Slaughter until Gary Hart comes in and calms him down.

After the video we hear a closing comment from Gary Hart.

Gary Hart: Sgt. Slaughter. Dusty Rhodes. Kerry VonErich or anybody else who thinks they could defeat my masterpiece. Listen carefully. Beware of what you ask for. The monster is unleashed. Our rise to the top has begun.

My original thought here was to give Slaughter some revenge for the past week’s attacks by Snuka but after the unfortunate news of the week, I had to rewrite this segment.

REST IN PEACE JIMMY SNUKA…….You will be missed. 1/14/2017

MATCH:

THE MEMPHIS BRUISE BROTHERS

(PorkChop Cash & The Dream Machine Troy Graham)

VS

SWEET BROWN SUGAR & MIKE JACKSON

A nice match for the Bruise Brothers as their violent nature and aggressive style got the best of the fan favorites. Sweet Brown Sugar had a nice run here and Mike Jackson was able to “outwrestle” the Bruise Brothers for a minute or two but in the end, Porkchop Cash just bullied Jackson in the corner and set him up for a nice double team move that ended with a Powerslam from the masked Dream Machine.

In a quick interview the Bruise Brothers announce that they are the team to beat and then they go into a little skit about how Memphis is where it is at in Tennessee and how dare these two farm boys, Tommy Rich and Eddie Gilbert, claim to be the Tennessee Stud Stable. They tell Wildfire and Hot stuff that they will whoop them at any game they want and they will prove that to be a Tennessee Stud you got to be from Memphis.

MATCH

MIKE VON ERICH & TED ARCIDI

VS

DICK SLATER & DAN SPIVEY

A nice 8 minute bout that leaves us with a few answers and also a few questions. First, it is obvious that the feud between Spivey and the young VonErich is far from over. These two give us a few minutes of fury here where Mike seemed to have the advantage. Just the teaming of Dan Spivey and Rat Pack member Dick Slater has Jim Ross and Ernie Ladd wondering if Spivey will be the club’s newest member. In recent weeks, Rat Pack leader, Ted Dibiase has hinted at the idea. We are also left knowing that the power of Ted Arcidi is unreal. He tosses his two foes around like a rag doll but it is also obvious he needs more in-ring experience. In the end, Slater ducked under a running forearm from Arcidi and caught him with a big right hand. He quickly turned this advantage into a swinging neck breaker and Arcidi was done. The wily veteran that Slater is, he caught Mike VonErich with a quick right hand to prevent him from making the save and then he covered the powerhouse for the 3 count.

Jim Ross explains that our next match up will see ½ of the Fabulous Ones vs ½ of the World Tag Team Champions, The Perfect Alliance. Ross goes on to explain that the manager of the champs, the Perfect 10, Baby Doll, has said that her team is so sick of beating the Fabulous Ones that the only way they will give then one more shot at the titles is if they beat both of her Perfect Wrestlers in singles matches first.

MATCH:

STEVE KEIRN VS BOBBY EATON with BABY DOLL

The fans go wild as Keirn enters the ring to Sharp Dressed Man as Baby Doll and Eaton wait surprisingly patiently in the ring. As soon as Keirn gets in the ring, Baby Doll goes up and gets right in his face and starts trash talking.

WHAM!

She slaps Keirn right across the face. Keirn is furious and goes right after her.

WHAM!

This was all a setup as Eaton now Pearl Harbors Keirn. The rest of the match is all Eaton. After a beat down of Keirn, Eaton climbs the top rope for the Alabama Jam!

WHAM!

Eaton crashes onto the canvass as Keirn escapes at the last second. Keirn yanks Eaton up by the hair and hits a Russian Led Sweep for the victory.

Baby Doll is furious as Ross hypes up the fact that if Stan Lane can beat Arn Anderson next week on TV, the Fabulous Ones will earn one last title shot.

MATCH:

USWA NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPION

SHEIK HACKSAW BUTCH REED with SKANDAR AKBAR

VS

PVT. DON KERNODLE

A simple destruction of Kernodle here allows Ernie Ladd to sing the champs praises and to try and convince anyone who will listen to him the Hacksaw Duggan has no chance of winning the belt this week in the Lake Front Arena.

The match comes to a quick close as Reed hoists Kernodle up in a Gorilla Press Slam for the victory. After the three count, Reed continued the attack on Kernodle until the other half of the Fort Bragg Brotherhood, Cpl. Kirchner rushed in and went at Reed.

This was a mistake as Reed was ready for him and a short armed clothesline nearly took his head off. One second later, Kirchner is lying flat on his belly and is not moving.

The camera close in on Reed who is screaming that this is what is going to happen to Duggan this week as Skandar Akbar is laughing and having a great time. All of a sudden, Duggan with his 2 x 4 rushes to the ring and the fans go wild.

Reed doesn’t back down and the two are throwing haymaker after haymaker at each other. Ross and Ladd again hype up the show in New Orleans this week as they sign off.

Jim Ross: Sorry folks we are out of time. So long from Jackson, Mississippi. Don’t forget to join us this Tuesday in New Orleans and the Lake Front Arena and next week we will be coming from the Monroe Civic Center in Monroe, Louisiana.

As the screen fades to black we see promotions for the show in the Lake Front Arena.

MATCHES INCLUDE:

USWA NORTH AMERICAN TITLE MATCH

Sheik Hacksaw Reed with Skandar Akbar vs Hacksaw Duggan

USWA 6 MAN WORLD TITLE

THE VIOLENCE COMMITTEE VS THE MONSTERS OF THE MIDWAY

Kevin & Kerry Von Erich vs Sheik Hernandez & The Iron Sheik with Skandar Akbar

I've been so used at seeing heel Sgt. Slaughter & babyface Jimmy Snuka in the mid-80s that I find it really refreshing to see the roles reversed in the USWA. Obviously understand why you rewrote the segment but I really don't think anyone would've been offended if you had left it as you originally planned. ;)

Your use of Skandor Akbar is way better than just about anything I had going with him in Mid Atlantic. I feel like you've got a great lock on what to do with him and his stable of wrestlers.

Love the use of a heel Jimmy Snuka, as I don't feel that gets talked about as much as it maybe should. Snuka vs Slaughter is an interesting idea, and I love how brutal it is.

Hacksaw vs Hacksaw is just a brawlers dream. Duggan fighting for the good ole USA is exactly what you do with him. Giving him of a number of "foreign" heels to battle makes complete sense, and I really enjoy how you make this work.

Still love Anderson/Eaton. Your roster is just ridiculous. So many wonderfully talented guys

14vEsWk.jpg?1

1/27/1985: WTBS

Monroe, Louisiana

“Hello again everybody. Welcome to USWA WRESTLING from Monroe, Louisiana and the Monroe Civic Center. I am Jim Ross and my partner today is the Big Cat, Ernie Ladd. What a card we had last week at the Lake Front Arena last week in New Orleans. Let’s take a look at a video from that big event.

VIDEO MATCH: USWA WORLD 6 MAN TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

THE MIRACLE VIOLENCE COMMITTEE

(Steve Williams, Terry Gordy and Manny Fernandez

VS

THE MONSTERS OF THE MIDWAY

(Tojo Yamamoto, Mr. Pogo and Tor Kamata

The video begins with Manny Fernandez and Mr. Pogo battling it out in the center of the ring. Manny whips Pogo into the corner and rushes in a little too quickly and gets caught with an elbow. Pogo puts Manny into what appears to be a simple head-but but then all of a sudden.

FIREBALL!

Ref Pee Wee Anderson quickly calls for the bell and DQ’s the Monsters of the Midway but the damage has been done. Fernandez is rolling around in pain and the audience is frightened that he may be badly burned. The Monsters of the Midway go on and take advantage of the 3-2 situation. Kamata and his maniacal facial expressions and the pure evilness of Tojo are on full display. The beating goes on for a minute or two before the video ends.

At the interview desk are the Monsters of the Midway and they could seem to care less about how disgusted Jim Ross is by their actions.

Tojo Yamamoto: Mis-tah Manny Fernandez! Mis-tah Steve Williams! Mis-tah Terry Gordy! You may still have the belts but you will never forget the night you wrestled us in New Orleans. You think Mr. Pogo turned up the heat….haha…. you just wait. You Americans talk a good game. You act tough and speak like you want revenge but it is all talk. Well we want revenge too. We will never forget Hiroshima. We will never forget Nagasaki. And if you accept this challenge, you will never forget Oklahoma City. Barbed Wire Massacre Match. Just like in Japan! No ring ropes! Barbed Wire instead. Weapons tied into the barbed wire. We fight for revenge. We fight for our homeland. We fight to take your titles.

WHAM!

The Miracle Violence Committee attacks. Even an injured Manny Fernandez is going full tilt with a bandage covering the burns on his face. This brawl lasts only about a minute as the action spills behind the curtains where no cameras were.

Jim Ross says I guess the Monsters of the Midway got their answer. The Miracle Violence Committee would never back down from a challenge. This one is for revenge! This one is for America. This one is for the belts!

Ernie Ladd hypes up this brutal match and tells the fans in the Cox Center to get their tickets early.

ARMWRESTLING MATCH:

BILLY JACK HAYNES

VS

SHEIK HERCULES HERNANDEZ

A good little 5 minutes of entertainment here as the two men play cat and mouse and take forever to get locked in. Some posing, some grunting and lots of head games get the fans interested in this gimmick.

Jim Ross reminds us that if Sheik Hercules Hernandez wins, he will get a USWA World TV Title shot next week.

Finally, ref Bronco Lubich signals the match to start. After about 30 seconds of back and forth, Hercules Hernandez takes the advantage.

Ladd tells Jim Ross, “I told you so” as Haynes’s wrist is just inches away from the table. All of a sudden Billy Jack starts a comeback. The expression on both Hercules Hernandez and Skandar Akbar is priceless.

Their arms get back to 50-50 and Haynes keeps pushing through. Hercules is now about 2/3 of the way down well all of a sudden Bronco Lubich bends down to pick up a piece of paper. Akbar rushes in and aids Hercules by adding his two arms to the fight. Billy Jack can’t hold out and his arm is forced down. With perfect timing, Akbar let’s go as Billy Jack’s wrist hits the table as Lubich gets refocused on the match.

Hercules and Akbar are jumping around celebrating their victory as Lubich raises their hands. Billy Jack is arguing his case but to no avail.

Jim Ross goes through how this is the third or fourth time Akbar and his men have gained an advantage when Bronco Lubich was the ref. Ernie Ladd says that Hercules won fair and square and to stop whining like a little girl.

MATCH

TOMMY RICH & EDDIE GILBERT

VS

THE WILD HOGS

A nice victory for Rich and Gilbert here as they continue their rise up the tag team division. Quick tags and a lot of energy lead to the win when Rich caught King Harley Hogg with a Lou Thesz Press.

The two joined Ross and Ladd at the interview desk where both Rich and Gilbert call out the Memphis Bruise Brothers and say that if those two clowns really want to fight for the pride if Tennessee all they need to do is show up.

DIRTY RHODES INTERVIEW

MATCH:

MATCH:

BIG COUNTRY

VS

THE RED ASSASSINS

A little banjo music, a little square dance and an attack by the hated Commie team is just what was needed here to get the fans into the action. In the end, the near thousand pound team of Silo Sam and Plowboy Frazier comes out on top after a Giant Splash by Frazier on the Cuban Assassin Fidel Sierra.

Jim Ross hypes up this huge team a bit and we actually get our first interview here with Big Country. Both just seem like happy go luck hillbillies but it is a fact that they are undefeated so far.

MAIN EVENT

KERRY VON ERICH

VS

DICK SLATER

A good main event here where Kerry takes the fans home happy after a nice 10 minute bout. Dirty Dick was just that here and controlled a lot of the action with his nasty tactics and good right hand. Eventually Kerry tired of this and turned on the power. A massive suplex followed by the Iron Claw wore Slater down and then it was one Tornado Punch to victory.

The most interesting thing that happened here was that USWA World Champion, Ted Dibiase, came out to support fellow Rat Packer Ted Dibiase. As the match progressed and Kerry turned on the juice it looked like Dibiase was going to interfere but it never materialized. At the end the champ and Kerry starred each other down as Ross and Ladd both hyped up what a match between these two would be like.

Jim Ross: So long from Monroe, Louisiana. Don’t forget to join us this week at the Will Rodgers Coliseum in Fort Worth, Texas and next week we will be coming to you from the Sudduth Coliseum in Lake Charles, Louisiana.

USWA WRESTLING:

2/3/1985: WTBS

Tyler, Texas

“Hello again everybody. Welcome to USWA WRESTLING from Tyler, Texas and the Oil Palace. I am Jim Ross and my partner today is the Big Cat, Ernie Ladd. What a card we had last week at the Lake Front Arena in New Orleans. Let’s take a look at a video from that big event.

VIDEO MATCH

USWA NORTH AMERICAN TITLE MATCH

HACKSAW BUTCH REED with SKANDAR AKBAR

VS

HACKSAW DUGGAN

The videos shows these two big men going at it in the center of the ring when all of a sudden Butch Reed eye gouges Duggan and then throws him through the middle ropes out on the floor. Reed follows him out and connects with some big haymakers but Duggan won’t go down. Duggan follows up a block of a right hand with a big body slam on the concrete. He then picks up Reed and whips him hard into the steel barricade and Reed is in bad shape.

DING DING DING

The match had been rules a double count out but Duggan is still going after Reed.

WHAM!

Lowblow by Akbar on Duggan! Duggan goes down like a ton of bricks. Reed is able to recover first and

CRACK!

Reed clocks Duggan with his own 2x4 and Duggan is busted wide open. Reed and Akbar head back to the locker room proud of themselves as Duggan lays in a big heap on the floor.

When the video ends, we see a furious Hacksaw Duggan at the interview desk where he is sick and tired of Reed saving his belt by DQ’s and count outs. He also guarantees us that next time that Arab scum Akbar gets his nose in his business, it will be the last we ever see of Akbar. He also challenges Reed to a Steel Cage, Football Helmet Match.

Jim Ross hypes up the fact that later tonight, Duggan will get the chance at a little revenge on Akbar as he takes on the Iron Sheik. This just starts Duggan up again and you can tell he is on fire.

After Hacksaw Duggan leaves the set, Jim Ross and Ernie Ladd are joined by Dirty Rhodes (the imposter) and he keeps going on about how he just isn’t in the same class as USWA World Champion Ted Dibiase and that he thinks he should just walk away from this sport. All of a sudden the crowd pops as the real American Dream comes up from behind and is just standing there as Dirty goes on and on. The Dream finally taps Dirty Rhodes on the shoulder and Dirty turns around and it is like he has seen a ghost. The American Dream does a little shimming and shaking before connecting with three consecutive Bionic Elbows to the head of Dirty. Dirty Rhodes is somehow able to scurry away like a little rat as Dusty takes the microphone from Jim Ross.

Dusty Rhodes: Ya know Jim Ross, It is understood that imitation is the greatest form of flattery but that Dirty Rhodes aint so flattering. I know that no good Ted Dibiase put him up to this to poke fun at me. We allll know that Ted Dibiase is a rat. Not the leader of the Rat Pack as he says but a true down and dirty rat. After he took my title with that loaded glove, I woke up the next day with an aching head. I was sick to my stomach. Not because I lost but that I lost to a cheater like him. You loaded that glove up and knocked me till tomorrow Ted Dibiase. Well know, it is time for the real American Dream to be the dirty one. In two weeks! Oklahoma City! Cox Convention Center! Ted Dibiase vs The American Dream. No Holds Barred! No Disqualification! This will be like my younger days in West Texas. I am going to wear my jeans! My cowboy boats and I am going to kick you till like the Rat you know you are until you say I can’t do this no more! That ring announcer is going to call my name at the end of the bout. The American Dream will be the first two time USWA World Champion! Take it to the bank Jack!

Jim Ross hypes up the fact that we will have three great main events here for you today on TV and let’s get to the ring for our first one.

MATCH:

JIMMY SNUKA & THE GREAT KABUKI with GARY HART

VS

SGT. SLAUGHTER & KEVIN VON ERICH

This match does two things. First it just continues to hype up the feud between Snuka and Slaughter. Slaughter wasted no time and went after Snuka before the bell and any time these two were in the ring together, it was an all-out brawl. When the match finally ended, these two were not the legal men in the ring but they were still going at it on the floor and had to be separated by a host of people form the back.

The other thing it did was to continue Kerry’s rise to the top of the ladder here in the USWA. After a nice few minutes with Kabuki, Kerry caught him in the Iron Claw. Gary Hart tried to intervene but he was caught in another claw by Von Erich. Kabuki was flat on his back with the right handed claw while Hart was on his back with the left handed claw. When Ref Pee Wee Anderson made the three count both Kabuki and Hart were counted out. This made the fans roar as they hate Hart.

Jim Ross explains that our next match up will see ½ of the Fabulous Ones vs ½ of the World Tag Team Champions, The Perfect Alliance. Ross goes on to explain that if Lane beats Anderson, the Fabulous Ones will get one last title shot vs the Perfect Alliance.

MATCH:

STAN LANE VS ARN ANDERSON with BABY DOLL

A very even match here for the first 9 minutes or so where each had the advantage for some time. In the end, ref David Manning got a little too close to the action and all three banged into each other and Manning went down hard. Baby Doll saw this as her chance and got into the ring. Baby Doll gives Lane a couple of big right hands and then asks Arn to hold him. Arn grabs Lane from behind and as Baby Doll comes off the ropes with a big forearm!

WHAM!

Lane slipped out just in time and Baby Doll clocked her own man. Lane quickly rolls Anderson up just as the ref recovers.

1…

2…

Jim Ross is really hyping up the fact that The Fabulous Ones are going to get another title shot and that match will take place in just two weeks in Reunion Arena in Dallas, Texas.

MATCH:

JIM DUGGAN

Vs

THE IRON SHEIK with SKANDAR AKBAR

The entrance to this match sums it all up. The Sheik and Akbar waving that Iranian flag with Sheik chanting, Tehran, Iran over and over again has this Texas crowd ready for blood but then their hero waving the American flag and carrying a 2x4 chases the Arabs out of the ring.

When the match finally gets going, Duggan is able to control most of the match but Akbar and his interference is able to turn the tide a few times. Finally Duggan gets going with a few haymakers and then connects with a big power slam but before ref Bronco Lubich can make the three count, Akbar is up on the apron. Lubich and Akbar are really going at it.

Jim Ross: Good God Almighty, what is he doing here?”

Hacksaw Butch Reed hits the ring with a chair.

WHAM!

Reed hits Duggan in the back of the head and the lights go right out for Duggan. Reed exists the ring as the Iron Sheik slowly makes his way to his feet where he locks in the Camel Clutch.

Lubich turns around and sees this. He asks Duggan to submit but there is no response. He is completely out. Lubich calls for the bell and raises the hand of the Iron Sheik.

Hacksaw Butch Reed grabs a microphone.

Hacksaw Reed: Duggan consider your challenge accepted. Steel Cage Match! Football Helmet Match! It doesn’t matter. I am THE MAN in the USWA!

Jim Ross: What kind of human being has Bronco Lubich become. It is obvious he is on Akbar’s pay roll. That is the 4th week in a row we have seen something like that. Lubich and Akbar are both going to rot in HELL for what they did here. Enough is enough!

Ernie Ladd: Maybe Duggan should think before saying he is going to run Akbar out of town!

Jim Ross: Sorry folks we are out of time. So long from Tyler, Texas. Don’t forget to join us this Tuesday in Ft. Worth, Texas and the Will Rodgers Center and next week we will be coming to you from the Tulsa Convention Center in Tulsa.

As the screen fades to black we see promotions for the show in the Will Rodgers Center.

USWA WRESTLING:

2/4/1985: WTBS

Lake Charles, Louisiana

“Hello again everybody. Welcome to USWA WRESTLING from Lake Charles and the Sudduth Coliseum. I am Jim Ross and my partner today is the Big Cat, Ernie Ladd. What a card we have for you tonight but first there is big news coming out of the USWA. We are returning to the birth place of Rock n Roll, the great city of Memphis and the Mid-South Coliseum. That’s right folks, for one night only! Thursday, Feb 28th, the USWA will host its first Supercard of the Year and it will all be live for you right here on WTBS. Matches already signed include

USWA World Title Match: Ted Dibiase vs Dusty Rhodes. If Dibiase wins, the American Dream will not receive another title shot this YEAR!

USWA World Tag Team Title Match: The Perfect Alliance (Arn Anderson & Bobby Eaton) with Baby Doll vs The Fabulous Ones in a Loser Leave Town Title Match

USWA WORLD 6 MAN TITLE Match: The Miracle Violence Committee (Gordy, Williams and Fernandez) VS The Monsters of the Midway (Yamamoto, Kamata and Mr. Pogo) in A Barbed Wire Massacre Match

USWA NORTH American Title Match: Sheik Hacksaw Butch Reed with Skandar Akbar vs Hacksaw Duggan in a Steel Cage Football Helmet Match

BOOTCAMP MATCH: Jimmy Snuka with Gary Hart vs Sgt. Slaughter

MATCH:

THE FABULOUS ONES

VS

DAN SPIVEY & RON STARR

A nice showcase here for the fan favorites as the really get the crowd going. The Fab Ones claim the victory after a Double Drop Kick on Rotten Ron Starr.

After the match, they really hype up the Loser Leave Town Match with the Perfect Alliance. They talk a good game but Ernie Ladd does his best to remind them that they have not come close to beating the Perfect Alliance in a long, long time.

USWA WORLD TV TITLE MATCH

BILLY JACK HAYNES

VS

SHEIK HERCULES HERNANDEZ with SKANDAR AKBAR

This match is full momentum changes as you would expect. Both men are so powerful that they are really only one move away from regaining the advantage. With time winding down in this 10 minute time limit match we see Akbar doing his best to get involved. He tripped up Hercules Hernandez right in front of ref Bronco Lubich who did nothing about it.

This really set Jim Ross off as he is sick and tired of Lubich helping out Devastation Inc. Hercules Hernandez picks Billy Jack up by the hair and whips him across the ring. As Billy Jack came off the ropes, Hernandez nearly took his head off.

Ernie Ladd is sure we are about to have a new champ and it appears to be so as Hercules covers him with both feet on the bottom rope for extra leverage. It almost seems impossible that Lubich doesn’t see this but he makes the count anyway.

1…

2…

DING DING DING

Lubich and Akbar look at each other in surprise as Jim Ross thanks God that Billy Jack’s title has been saved by the bell! He explains that it was obvious that the time limit expired before the count of three.

Ref Bronco Lubich grabs the belt and raises the hand of Hercules Hernandez. The crowd explodes in anger as does Jim Ross. All of a sudden, Cowboy Bill Watts walks down to ringside. He rips the belt away from Hernandez and gives it back to its rightful owner in Billy Jack.

Using a house microphone Watts addresses the crowd.

Cowboy Bill Watts: Enough is enough. I am unsure what the deal is between you two. (meaning Akbar and Lubich) but I have seen enough. First of all, tonight’s match was a Time Limit Draw and therefore Billy Jack retains his title. Next, this is the 4th time that I have seen that there has been some funny business between Lubich and Skandar Akbar. Lubich you are SUSPENDED FOR 90 DAYS!

Skandar Akbar: You have no right to reverse the decision of your senior official. This is just another example of how you stinking Americans will do anything to keep me and my men down. You will hear from lawyers about this.

Cowboy Bill Watts: Shut up Akbar and be happy I don’t suspend you. I will tell you that since this match was a draw, I have already booked a rematch. Billy Jack and Hercules Hernandez will wrestle for the USWA World TV Title on Feb 28th at the huge event in Memphis. If Billy Jack wins, he will get 5 minutes alone with you Akbar!

Akbar begins to protest but Watts tells him that he better get out of here right now or he will rethink that SUSPENSION!

Akbar and Hernandez leave as Billy Jack thanks Watts for giving him his title back.

MATCH:

THE TENNESSEE STUD STABLE (TOMMY RICH & EDDIE GILBERT)

VS

MIKE JACKSON & TED ARCIDI

A nice tag team match here between two fan favorite teams. Again, Arcidi’s power amazes but in the end, we see Gilbert catch Jackson with a Hot Shot for the victory.

At the interview desk, Rich and Gilbert play the role of the Studd Stable perfectly as they wink and play to all the pretty ladies in the stands. They then get down to business and wonder if the Memphis Bruise Brothers are afraid of the Studd Stable as ever sense they were challenged, they have not shown their faces in the USWA.

MAIN EVENT:

KERRY VON ERICH & DUSTY RHODES

VS

USWA WORLD CHAMPION TED DIBIASE & DIRTY DICK SLATER

A great main event here for TV. Rhodes and Kerry might just be the two most popular men in the sport today and they are united in their quest to rid the USWA of the Rats on the opposite side of the ring.

The match is wild and the 4 men are brawling all over the arena. The ref finally loses complete control and calls for the bell disqualifying both teams. This does nothing to slow down the fight and it continues all the way through Jim Ross’s sign off.

Jim Ross: So long from Lake Charles, Louisiana. Don’t forget to join us this week at the Cox Convention Center in Oklahoma City and next week we will be coming to you from the Canjundome in Lafayette, Louisiana.

It's great to see Lubich in this type of positioning. They played him off as a bland, and slow, referee in the twilight of his career in real life wrestling, but you're utilizing him by channeling his character abilities from his youth as a heel. That's getting the most out of your talent, even your referees. Love Watts here too. Suspension coming down, now you just need to add a fine and you'll have classic Watts. Good stuff.

14vEsWk.jpg?1

2/16/1985: WTBS

Lafayette, Louisiana

“Hello again everybody. Welcome to USWA WRESTLING from Lafayette, Louisiana and the Canjundome. I am Jim Ross and my partner today is the Big Cat, Ernie Ladd. What a card we have for you tonight but first there is big news coming out of the USWA. We are returning to the birth place of Rock n Roll, the great city of Memphis and the Mid-South Coliseum. That’s right folks, for one night only! Thursday, Feb 28th, the USWA will host its first Super Card of the Year and it will all be live for you right here on WTBS. Matches already signed include

USWA WORLD TITLE MATCH: Ted Dibiase vs Dusty Rhodes. If Dibiase wins, the American Dream will not receive another title shot this YEAR!

USWA World Tag Team TITILE MATCH: The Perfect Alliance (Arn Anderson & Bobby Eaton) with Baby Doll vs The Fabulous Ones in a Loser Leave Town Title Match

USWA WORLD 6 MAN TITLE MATCH: The Miracle Violence Committee (Gordy, Williams and Fernandez) VS the Monsters of the Midway (Yamamoto, Kamata and Mr. Pogo) in A Barbed Wire Massacre Match

USWA NORTH AMERICAN TITLE MATCH: Sheik Hacksaw Butch Reed with Skandar Akbar vs Hacksaw Duggan in a Steel Cage Football Helmet Match

MATCH:

THE PERFECT ALLIANCE

VS

SWEET BROWN SUGAR & ICEMAN PARSONS

A nice showcase here for the champs as they fight off tough opponents here. Iceman almost had the victory after a Butt Bump on Arn but Eaton made the save. A few minutes later we see Arn catch Sweet Brown Sugar in a Spine Buster. Before making a tag to Eaton, Arn caught Iceman with a forearm while he was on the apron. This ensured he would not make a save. Arn tagged in Beautiful Bobby who climbed to the top rope and connected with an Alabama Jam for the 3 count.

At the interview desk Baby Doll guaranteed us that in less than two weeks, her team will finishes off those loser, The Fab Ones, and we will never have to see them again in the USWA!

MATCH:

KERRY VON ERICH

VS

DAN SPIVEY

As we get right back to the action, we see Kerry VonErich win a tough match up against the 6’8, 300 pound Dan Spivey. The youngster did have his moments but in the end Kerry caught him with a tornado punch for the victory.

All of a sudden Jim Ross goes wild as none other than Stan Hansen hits the ring and attacks a tired Kerry Von Erich. Hansen beats him pretty good for a minute or two before we go to break.

JlLsTMH.jpg?1

Jim Ross is in shock and wonders what Hansen is doing here but Ernie Ladd is so excited that a Von Erich finally got what was coming to him!

Before we get to our next match, we see a really beaten Kerry Von Erich being helped back to the locker room by his brothers.

BILLY JACK HAYNES & KEVIN VON ERICH & HACKSAW DUGGAN

VS

SHEIK HERCULES HERNANDEZ, THE IRON SHEIK & SHEIK HACKSAW BUTCH REED with SKANDAR AKBAR

This is a wild one that does a great job of hyping up the Super Card in Memphis as we see Billy Jack and Hercules Hernandez go at it and we also see a fun few minutes of Reed vs Duggan. In the end, we see all 6 man in the ring going Bonzo Gonzo as Kevin was able to get the best of the Iron Sheik and finished him off with a Top Rope Death Leap!

At the interview desk, the fan favorites each took turns speaking their minds. Billy Jack on Hercules Hernandez. Duggan on his upcoming bout with Reed and Kevin on his shock on what we all just saw a few minutes ago when Stan Hansen attacked his brother Kerry.

MATCH:

VS

THE ASSASSINS

Another nice win for the Stud Stable as they really seem to be clicking nicely for a new team. The end came when Tommy Rich caught Assassin #1 with a Lou Thesz Press.

In a quick post-match interview, Wildfire and Hot Stuff once again proclaim themselves the best tag team from Tennessee and wonder where the Memphis Bruise Brothers have vanished to. They both agree that they just must be afraid and have run away!

MAIN EVENT:

DUSTY RHODES

VS

DIRTY DICK SLATER

Ted Dibiase is doing everything he can of late to put Dusty out of action and this is no different. Fellow Rat Packer Dick Slater is as dirty as ever but is unable to get the win. The match comes to an end after connected with a Bionic Elbow when he ducked under a big right hand that was loaded with some foreign object Slater pulled out of his trunks.

Ted Dibiase came over to the interview desk and grabbed the microphone.

Ted Dibiase: “Rhodes, you are the luckiest fat slob I have ever seen but it doesn’t matter. My resources are endless and I will make sure that if you ever do make it to the Mid-South Coliseum, you will be a broken down mess. YOU WILL NEVER GET YOUR HANDS ON MY TITLE EVER AGAIN! NOW!

Jim Ross: Now what?

All of a sudden, Jim Ross and everyone in the studio is in shock. Abdullah the Butcher is on the scene and he is going wild on Dusty Rhodes. Slater joins in and it is a 2-1 manhandling of the #1 contender while Ted Dibiase is grinning from ear to ear.

O5mqvxF.jpg?1

Jim Ross: Sorry folks but we are out of time. So long from Lafayette, Louisiana. Don’t forget to join us next week from Baton Rouge at the Riverside Centroplex.

14vEsWk.jpg?1

2/17/1985: WTBS

Dallas, Texas

“Hello again everybody. Welcome to USWA WRESTLING from the world’s most famous wrestling arena, The Sportatorium in downtown Dallas, Texas. I am Jim Ross and my partner today is the Big Cat, Ernie Ladd. All eyes are on Memphis, Tennessee and the Mid-South Coliseum where in just two weeks the USWA will present its first Super Card of the year titled VERSUS! The idea here is that each participant has something at stake other than just the win. This matches have already been signed.

USWA World Title Match: Ted Dibiase vs Dusty Rhodes. If Dibiase wins, the American Dream will not receive another title shot this YEAR!

USWA World Tag Team Title Match: The Perfect Alliance (Arn Anderson & Bobby Eaton) with Baby Doll vs The Fabulous Ones in a Loser Leave Town Title Match

USWA WORLD 6 MAN TITLE Match: The Miracle Violence Committee (Gordy, Williams and Fernandez) VS the Monsters of the Midway (Yamamoto, Kamata and Mr. Pogo) in A Barbed Wire Massacre Match. If one of the Monsters of the Midway loses, he will be forced to return to Japan to continue his career.

USWA NORTH American Title Match: Sheik Hacksaw Butch Reed with Skandar Akbar vs Hacksaw Duggan in a Steel Cage Football Helmet Match

USWA WORLD TV TITLE MATCH:

BILLY JACK HAYNES VS SHEIK HERCULES HERNANDEZ with SKANDAR AKBAR

JIM ROSS: Wow, what an event that is going to be but let’s first hear from the World Champ!

Ted Dibiase: Ok American Nightmare Dusty Rhodes! I am getting sick and tired of you getting in my way. Yesterday you found out how extensive my connections are after Abdullah the Butcher followed my orders and attacked you after your match with Dick Slater. You went to Cowboy Bill Watts are cried and complained about how you wanted a chance to get even. ARE YOU STUPID! Well you got what you asked for. Abdullah the Butcher will end your career tonight! You will be lucky to survive, never mind face me in the Mid-South Coliseum.

MATCH:

STEVE DR. DEATH WILLIAMS

VS

MR. POGO

A violent match that ends when Mr. Pogo went outside the ring and grabbed a chair and brought it to the ring prompting ref Pee Wee Anderson to call for the bell. After a violent swing and miss by Pogo, Dr. Death came scooped up Mr. Pogo and connected with a big Oklahoma Stampede.

Both Ernie Ladd and Jim Ross hyped up the fact that when the Miracle Violence Committee and the Monsters of the Midway meet for the 6 Man Titles, that chair will be legal along with other weapons that will be tied into the barbed wire.

Dr. Death is joined by Terry Gordy and Manny Fernandez at the interview desk where they are fuming about the Monsters of the Midway!

WHAM!

Tor Kamata and Tojo Yamamoto hit the scene and are joined by Mr. Pogo. These two teams are all over the studio going at it. Finally order is restored when wrestlers and officials pour out from the back.

MATCH:

JIMMY SNUKA & THE GREAT KABUKI with GARY HART

VS

THE FORT BRAGG BROTHERHOOD

(PVT. DON KERNODLE & CPL. KIRCHNER)

Snuka and Kabuki just beat the hell out the Brotherhood here. Pvt. Kernodle is busted open but that is only the beginning as Snuka climbs the top rope and adds in a Superfly Death Leap just for the hell of it. Snuka makes the pin but then he and Kabuki go after Cpl. Kirchner.

Finally the crowd roars as Sgt. Slaughter rushes to the ring and takes care of both Snuka and Kabuki all by himself.

Jim Ross hypes up the fact that this is the first time Slaughter has got the best of Snuka and that he can’t wait for the Mid-South Coliseum and the Bootcamp Match!

When it is all over, Gary Hart and his team head to the interview desk where Gary Hart gives Sgt. Slaughter a stern warning to not interfere again in Snuka’s business or else he is going to get seriously hurt. He adds that he can only do so much to control the monster known as Jimmy Snuka and if Slaughter doesn’t get out of the way, Snuka is not only going to end his career but maybe get permanently injured.

Before the commercial break we get a taped interview from none other than Stan “The Man” Hansen who laughs about how he attacked Kerry Von Erich last night. He says he is back in the USWA for one reason and one reason only…. To get even with Fritz Von Erich. Hansen goes on to blame Fritz for costing him the USWA title the last time he was in town. He goes on to say the best way to get even with Fritz is to take out his sons. VON ERICHS BEWARE! LAST NIGHT WAS KERRY! WE WILL JUST WAIT AND FIND OUT WHO IS NEXT!

The segment starts with the Memphis Bruise Brothers at the interview desk where both Porkchop Cash and The Dram Machine are heated about recent comments by Wildfire Tommy Rich and Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert.

Porkchop Cash: “We heard those two dirty hicks from the sticks of Tennessee have been calling us out over the past two weeks claiming they are the best team from Tennessee. The only reason they were doing that is that they knew we were in Japan in the greatest tag team tournament around. One I must add that they were not invited to.

Dream Machine: And now we are here and the two rednecks calling themselves the Tennessee Stud stable are nowhere to be found. They know if they were to show up we would pound them into the ground right here right now.

The crowd erupts as Wildfire and Hot Stuff strut out and head right to the ring obviously accepting the challenge from the Bruise Brothers. The Bruise Brothers are caught between a rock and a hard place. If they walk away they will be the laughing stock of the USWA but do they dare get in the ring?

Jim Ross: YES! The Bruise Brothers are headed to the ring and we have a huge unscheduled bout.

IMPROPTU MATCH

MATCH:

THE MEMPHIS BRUISE BROTHERS

(DREAM MACHINE & PORKCHOP CASH)

VS

THE TENNESSEE STUD STABLE

TOMMY “WILDFIRE” RICH & “HOT STUFF” EDDIE GILBERT

The action starts before the bell and is just a wild brawl from beginning to end. With Rich and Cash fighting on the outside of the ring, Gilbert blocked a big slam from Dream Machine and reversed it into a Hotshot for the victory!

Jim Ross guarantees us that this is not the end of this one as this feud is getting white HOT!

With Dusty Rhodes already in the ring Ted Dibiase, struts over to the interview desk and takes over.

Ted Dibiase: “The MADMAN FROM THE SUDAN”, “MY HIRED ASSASSIN FOR THE EVENING,” ABDULLAH THE BUTCHER

MATCH:

THE AMERICAN DREAM DUSTY RHODES

VS

ABDULLAH THE BUTCHER

Well everyone knows what the Butcher is all about and this is no different. Dusty does a good job of selling the attack here and the Butcher is going wild here. Fork and all, it is a monster attack which leaves Dusty a bloody mess. Abdullah goes for a running elbow drop but Rhodes slips out in the nick of time and now it is all Dream. The end comes when Dusty followed up a Bionic Elbow with a big Texas sized Piledriver. Just as the refs hand counted 3, Dibiase and Dick Slater hit the ring and went on the attack.

Jim Ross was fuming as he was told earlier that Slater was not in the building. The show ends with the champ and his sidekick “stompin a mud hole” in Rhodes. Ernie Ladd was in his glory here and Ross and Ladd went off the air bickering as usual.

Jim Ross: Sorry folks we are out of time. So long from Dallas, Texas. Don’t forget to join us next week from the Four States Arena in Texarkana, Arkansas.

14vEsWk.jpg?1

2/21/1985: WTBS

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

“Hello again everybody. Welcome to USWA WRESTLING from Baton Rouge, Louisiana and the Riverside Centroplex. I am Jim Ross and my partner today is the Big Cat, Ernie Ladd. What a card we have for you tonight but first a rundown of the big show coming up this week in the great city of Memphis and the Mid-South Coliseum. This Thursday, Feb 28th, the USWA will host its first Supercard of the Year and it will all be live for you right here on WTBS. Matches already signed include

USWA WORLD 6 MAN TITLE Match: The Miracle Violence Committee (Gordy, Williams and Fernandez) VS the Monsters of the Midway (Yamamoto, Kamata and Mr. Pogo) in A Barbed Wire Massacre Match

MEMPHIS STREET FIGHT: The Memphis Bruise Brothers (Porkchop Cash & Dream Machine) vs The Tennessee Stud Stable (Tommy “Wildfire” Rich & “Hotstuff” Eddie Gilbert.

MATCH:

THE FABULOUS ONES

VS

THE ASSASSINS

A fun match here as the Fab Ones show that they are just more skilled and quicker than their heel opponents. The Assassins showed a little offense here but just got bogged down by the Fab Ones. The end came when Steve Keirn hit a Swinging Neckbreaker on Assassin #1.

In a quick post-match interview, both Keirn and Lane were confident that they would beat the Perfect Alliance in their upcoming loser-leave-town title match and that they had no plans of leaving the USWA anytime soon.

MATCH:

MIKE VON ERICH

VS

BRETT WAYNE SAWYER

A baby face vs baby face bout here where Mike got the best of Sawyer and caused a submission with the Iron Claw.

As the fans cheered for Mike all Hell broke loose as Stan “The Man” Hansen rushed the ring and put a real beating on Mike. This included a devastating Lariat that nearly took Von Erich’s head of.

This lead to a big “BAH GAWD” from Jim Ross as Ernie Ladd just seemed to be enjoying seeing another Von Erich get a beating from Hansen.

BILLY JACK HAYNES & KEVIN VON ERICH & HACKSAW DUGGAN

VS

SHEIK HERCULES HERNANDEZ, THE IRON SHEIK & SHEIK HACKSAW BUTCH REED with SKANDAR AKBAR

Another tag match that hyped up some of the major feuds and upcoming matches for the Mid-South Coliseum. The end came with a bit of a bonzo gonza chaotic scene as all 6 men were in the ring beating each other. As Sheik Hacksaw Reed had Billy Jack up and dropped him with a Gorilla Press Slam, Kevin Von Erich came off the top rope and caught Reed with a Top Rope Splash. As Reed struggled to get to his feet, Hacksaw Duggan caught him with a football tackle for the win.

This did nothing to slow down the action as the brawled with each other right up to the commercial break. Jim Ross hyped up the fact that this is the second win a row for Duggan over Reed and maybe it is a sign of things to come and that Duggan just might be the next USWA North American Champion. Ernie Ladd laughed at this crazy idea.

MATCH:

VS

THE RED ASSASSINS (FIDEL SIERRA & IGOR VOLKOLFF)

The Red Assassins really get some heat on them after waving their countries flags and yelling at all the fans on their way to the ring. This really makes it easier for Rich & Gilbert to get some love and they don’t disappoint. The win came after Gilbert hit Sierra with a Hot Shot for the victory.

Again, Rich and Gilbert go to the interview desk where they are all over the Memphis Bruise Brothers and wondering where those cowards disappeared to after they took a whoopin last night.

All of a sudden, Porkchop Cash and Dream Machine Pearl Harbor Gilbert and Rich and give them a pretty good beating for a minute or two before break. With Gilbert and Rich laid out, Porkchop Cash grabs the microphone and asks what the fans think of their “Stud Stable” right now. He also goes on the challenge Rich and Gilbert to a Memphis Street Fight” at the event in the Mid-South Coliseum

Before the main event, Gilbert and Rich are joined by Kerry Von Erich and Dusty Rhodes at the interview desk. Gilbert and Rich are all “FIRED UP” and accept the Memphis Street fight with the Bruise Brothers. Kerry Von Erich is getting sick and tired of Stan Hansen while Dusty is jiving about how Dibiase has tried week in and week out to make sure he doesn’t show up in Memphis. Rhodes not only guarantees that he is going to show up but that he is going to walk away with the USWA WORLD TITLE for the 2nd time.

MAIN EVENT:

DUSTY RHODES & KERRY VON ERICH

VS

DIRTY DICK SLATER & ABDULLAH THE BUTCHER

This is a violent brawl throughout as you would expect. Again, this match is used to hype up the fact that Ted Dibiase and his Rat Pack will do anything to make sure Rhodes doesn’t make it to the middle coliseum. When it appears the Babyfaces are on the forge of winning after Kerry connected with a Tornado Punch on Slater and then tagged in Rhodes who finished him off with a big Texas style Piledriver, the crowd erupted and we hear Jim Ross saying, “Bah Gawd, its Dibiase and Hansen.”

These two hit the ring and along with Abdullah and his fork, they make a bloody mess of Rhodes and Kerry. It is so bad we see a big X across the screen as censored it.

This is where the show ends as Jim Ross is really becoming worried that Rhodes won’t make it to Memphis and Ernie Ladd seems happy that he is unsure if Rhodes and Kerry will even make it to the locker room.

Jim Ross: So long from Lafayette, Louisiana. Don’t forget to join us next week from Alexandria and the Rapides Parrish Coliseum.

14vEsWk.jpg?1

2/23/1985: WTBS

Dallas, Texas

“Hello again everybody. Welcome to USWA WRESTLING from the Four States Arena in Texarkana, Arkansas. I am Jim Ross and my partner today is the Big Cat, Ernie Ladd. All eyes are on Memphis, Tennessee and the Mid-South Coliseum where in just two weeks the USWA will present its first Super Card of the year. This is the full card.

USWA WORLD 6 MAN TITLE Match: The Miracle Violence Committee (Gordy, Williams and Fernandez) VS The Monsters of the Midway (Yamamoto, Kamata and Mr. Pogo) in A Barbed Wire Massacre Match. If one of the Monsters of the Midway loses, he will be forced to return to Japan to continue his career.

USWA WORLD TV TITLE MATCH:

BILLY JACK HAYNES VS SHEIK HERCULES HERNANDEZ with SKANDAR AKBAR

BOOTCAMP MATCH:

Jimmy Snuka with Gary Hart vs Sgt. Slaughter

MEMPHIS STREET FIGHT:

The Tennessee Stud Stable (Rich & Gilbert) vs The Memphis Bruise Brothers

JIM ROSS: Wow, what an event that is going to be but let’s first hear from the World Champ!

Ted Dibiase: Last night, Dusty Rhodes felt the power of the Rat Pack and its never ending resources. We left you a bloody mess. Abdullah the Butcher and his fork. Stan Hansen and his bull whip! Oh the pain you two must have felt. Get used to it! You and that loser Kerry Von Erich were left lying flat on your backs with blood all over your face. That is exactly what will happen if either of you show up in Memphis.

MATCH:

THE MIRACLE VIOLENECE COMMITTEE

VS

DAN SPIVEY, BIG BUBBA ROGERS & CHRIS BENOIT

A nice showcase here for the 6 man champs even though the youngsters, who were a little stiff, were given a bit of shine. In the end, Terry Gordy hit a big power slam on Chris Benoit for the victory.

The Violence Committee expressed a lot of concern for their Barbed Wire Massacre Match vs Tojo, Mr. Pogo and Tor Kamata. Concern for the health of the opponents that is. All three took turns smiling about the nastiness of this match and they couldn’t wait to get even for every sneak attack those Japs have ever done on American soil.

The segment begins with some stern words from Fritz Von Erich who is getting sick and tired off the sneak attack tactics by Stan Hansen on his sons. This brings out Hansen who gives it to Fritz pretty straight by saying it was Fritz who cost him the USWA title the last time he was in town and until he is given another shot, he is going to take it out on his family.

Fritz is fuming when all of a sudden Cowboy Bill Watts comes out and says he understands both sides here and beliefs he has a solution. Watts goes on to explain that if and only if, Stan Hansen behaves over the next week and doesn’t interfere in any matches in the USWA, he will face Kerry Von Erich in the Mid-South Coliseum with the winner becoming the new #1 contender for the USWA World Title.

Hansen seems to be just fine with this but Von Erich just looks at his partner in disbelief. He puts up a bit of an argument almost breaking kayfabe here and wondering what in the world Watts is doing. He beliefs that Kerry should be the #1 contender no matter what after Memphis but Watts just says we will have to wait and see.

Jim Ross and Ernie Ladd both hype up the fact that there seems to be some problems in paradise between Watts and Von Erich.

MATCH:

SGT. SLAUGHTER & FT. BRAGG BROTHERHOOD

VS

JIMMY SNUKA, THE GREAT KABUKI & ABDULLAH THE BUTCHER w/ GARY HART

A wild brawl that leaves the fans in horror. While Slaughter held his own against Snuka, this turned into one of the most violent TV wrestling matches in a long time. Both Kernodle and Kirchner were beaten pretty badly here which left this pretty much a three on one attack on Sarge. He gave a good fight but in the end the numbers game got to him. Abdullah followed up a nasty thrust kick by Kabuki with a huge running elbow drop. This would have been enough but Snuka was tagged in and connected with three massive headbutts before climbing the top rope for a huge Superfly Death Leap for the cover.

Gary Hart hit the interview desk with just a few simple words…. SGT. SLAUGHTER, WE HAVE ISSUED OUR LAST WARNING. DO NOT SHOW UP IN MEMPHIS!

KEVIN VON ERICH & ICEMAN PARSONS

VS

NORVELL AUSTIN & RON STARR

Von Erich and Iceman are quickly becoming the most popular team in the USWA and tonight they had the crowd popping. They were just more skilled then their heel opponents who had a little offense but never really got going. This match also ended with a top rope leap. This time from Kevin Von Erich who followed up a Big Butt Bump on Rotten Ron Starr.

USWA WORLD CHAMPION TED DIBIASE

VS

MIKE VON ERICH

A typical beat down here where Mike Von Erich is just outclassed. The beating continues after a few big moves including two vertical suplexes. Each time it appeared the match was over and the ref was going to complete the 3 count, Dibiase pulled up his opponent and beat him some more.

Jim Ross: Enough is enough. Will somebody stop the match? Dibiase is going to rot in Hell for what he is doing here tonight.

Dibiase clamps on the Figure 4 and Von Erich is submitting but Dibiase keeps pouring on the pressure. Ross is concerned that Von Erichs leg is going to snap.

Finally the crowd explodes as the American Dream hits the ring. Dibiase simple rolls out the other side and with a smug smirk on his face just laughs at Rhodes.

Rhodes implores him to come back and fight but nothing doing. Dibiase is loving all the mind games he has played with Rhodes of late and simple heads to the locker room.

Ross is hoping for sweet revenge for Rhodes at the Mid-South Coliseum while Ernie Ladd is ecstatic about the rough night the Von Erich family has had.

Jim Ross: Sorry folks we are out of time. So long from Dallas, Texas. Don’t forget to join us next week from the Four States Arena in Texarkana, Arkansas.