Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV March 21 to March 27

EricR

The opening segment just reeked of typical WWE almost-self awareness though. They knew HHH would get cheered in Philly so their master plan to get Roman cheered this week was to have him be the one babyface who doesn't allow Steph to emasculate them.

WM is still a mess. There's no need for two multi person matches, Steen-Zayn would have been a stellar match using their NXT history as a build, but goddamn we have to have a multi person ladder match every year now. Props to Zack for getting a spot on the card, but he's the most obvious replacement guy on a WWE PPV since Bobby Heenan filled in at Survivor Series after Tully got fired.

Also very interesting to see Taker-Shane get hyped as the main event during the show, but the local cable company commercial for the PPV was all about the title match. Wonder if that means Vince is losing faith finally in Roman, or just wants his program to get the top billing.

I did love how when they ran off a list of names Sheamus's parents could have used, they mentioned Stephen which I'm pretty sure is his real first name.

But yes, it's hard to kick off a babyface run when your first opponents are the worst heel faction in WWE.

The LON is not only terrible and boring, but they are not over at all. LON vs. New Day has been fine once the bell rings as all of the guys can go, but the fucking build has me tapping out. These 7 men could really surprise everyone and steal the show at Mania if allowed to, but yeah...fuck this build! The Death March to Mania continues!

I keep reading how "interesting" it is and I have no idea what that even means. Are people forgetting that the man has a brain lesion? He's not trying to go wrestle somewhere else. More than likely he finds it depressing to be around wrestling and not be able to wrestle and would rather just stay away from it for now or possibly forever. He might just want to move on entirely.