Pro Wrestling Only

Armageddon tonight

goodhelmet

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Kilgore Trout

That actually looks like a really good show. If we still got free PPVs I'd watch it. When the worst looking match on paper still has Regal in it you know it'll be a fun 3 hours.

Results from the Meltz....

SPOILER ALERT

Jamie Noble vs. Funaki is the Heat match. As good a match as you're going to get in 3:30 with Noble winning with a dragon sleeper via submission.

JBL vs. Matt Hardy opens the show. JBL won what was really a fairly quick squash match after a clothesline. Hardy only got one 30 second or so comeback spot the entire match. I don't know what was said, but there was a fan at ringside who must have really gotten under JBL's skin because at the finish out of nowhere he flipped the fan off and you could see he was not happy about something.

Crazy & Psicosis told Melina they'd cancel the match if she did for them what she did for Batista.

MNM vs. Mexicools is up next. MNM won with the snapshot on Super Crazy. They played this up like it sets up a rematch with Batista & Mysterio. A little rough, but good. Crowd got into it as it went on.

Chris Benoit vs. Booker T was next. They are teasing problems with Sharmell and Kristal Marshall.

The only match that's got any promotion is Taker/Orton and even there WWE has conditioned fans to only pop for the Stupidly Dangerous Bump in every HIAC.

HHH/Batista didn't have a big bump.

HHH/Michaels had a rather controlled and minor big bump with Shawn jumping off a ladder through a table. Nothing like the original HIAC matches.

HHH/Nash didn't have a bump.

Taker/Brock didn't have a bump.

HHH/Jericho didn't have a big bump.

The last one involving something like that was the Armageddon Six Man Hell-in-the-Cell FIVE years ago....and even that involved a cushioned bump from Rikishi.

The WWE has stayed away from the big bump off the cell for five years. They've stayed away from escaping out of the cell for almost three-and-a-half. It wouldn't cause irreversible harm if they were to try it again tonight.

JBL going over is not a surprise, nor am I disappointed by it, but there was no reason to *not* put Hardy over there. JBL would have lost nothing and Hardy might have gained a lot. There's also no reason the match couldn't have been more competitive. On paper, that match actually looks pretty good.

Chris Benoit vs. Booker T was next. They are teasing problems with Sharmell and Kristal Marshall. They had the best match so far in the series. Benoit survived tons of interference from Sharmell, and delivered tons of suplexes, got a tap from a sharpshooter during a ref bump sequence, before finally winning with the crossface to close the gap to 3-1.

Guess Benoit's demise has been greatly exaggerated.

Guest Big Papi

Maybe if you weren't wrong all the time... ;)

This PPV does look intriguing (sp?) on paper but I certainly would not pay for it.

My question to those that are following Smackdown!, are they setting up a program with Rey vs Batista? If not who will be the next challenger for the World Title?

Chris Benoit vs. Booker T was next. They are teasing problems with Sharmell and Kristal Marshall. They had the best match so far in the series. Benoit survived tons of interference from Sharmell, and delivered tons of suplexes, got a tap from a sharpshooter during a ref bump sequence, before finally winning with the crossface to close the gap to 3-1.

Guess Benoit's demise has been greatly exaggerated.

Match #2 was my match of the year so far so if this one is actually better I can't wait to see it. I was going to watch it tonight but fate was against me.

Sharmell's interference which has cost Benoit numerous times already ought to have added a great deal of suspense to this bout especially considering Benoit was on the brink of being swept tonight. Surviving that interference would we a good way to do this match.

It'll be interesting to see how the ake kick plays a factor here because Booker has beaten Benoit several times with it as of late.

I can really see this match being a great one since they could do a few different things storyline wise to make the match better. The suspense is going to be high here.

I heard Benoit did the three amigos tonight.

If anyone can find a link so I can download this tonight please tell me.

WP -- Maybe enjoying this even more than I did in 98 despite the execution not being as good anymore

Josh was at the Friendly Tap, which is Tim White's bar. They had Tim portrayed as an old drunk who wouldn't speak. Aha, but Tim White had a career ending shoulder injury in a hell in a cell match with HHH vs. Chris Jericho. The story is Hell in a Cell ruins lives. Hell in a Cell ruined his life. His wife left him. His family doesn't talk to him. His friends don't talk to him. Yes, Tim had to say he has irritable bowel syndrome. Well, you know when you sign up you check your dignity at the door. Tim White pulled out a rifle and they are pretending he's committing suicide. A gunshot went off. You could hear the crowd booing the hell out of this. Wow, was that ever awful. This almost single handledly ruined what has been a good show so far.

After this and the Boogeyman segment, I can't wait to hear the radio shows tonight. :)

got a tap from a sharpshooter during a ref bump sequence,

Cool, just noticed this. Smart stuff. THat would make the whole crowd think that Benoit despite "winning" might actually lose later on and still be swept.

I bet a lot of people watching this live were thinking just that. I know it would've been crossing my mind.

Teddy Long and Palmer Canon are out. Canon called out Santa Claus, and it was Vito as evil Santa and Nunzio as an elf. They wanted a tag title match and a cruiserweight title match, but Canon said he had a present for them, and it was the Boogey Man. Boogey Man cleaned house on Nunzio, gave Vito a pump handle slam. He then opened up Vito's Santa bag and it had thousands of worms. He then pulled out what looked like 100 plus worms and shoved them down Vito's mouth. There are thousands of worms on the mat right now, a few alive and tons looking dead. This company continually comes up with new levels when it comes to creative punishment of people who don't know "locker room etiquette."

Bobby Lashley vs. William Regal & Paul Birchall is up next. Crowd was totally dead, even for Lashley's comeback, winning with a dominator on Birchall. Birchall looked good but it was lost on the crowd and seems lost on the promotion.

Josh was at the Friendly Tap, which is Tim White's bar. They had Tim portrayed as an old drunk who wouldn't speak. Aha, but Tim White had a career ending shoulder injury in a hell in a cell match with HHH vs. Chris Jericho. The story is Hell in a Cell ruins lives. Hell in a Cell ruined his life. His wife left him. His family doesn't talk to him. His friends don't talk to him. Yes, Tim had to say he has irritable bowel syndrome. Well, you know when you sign up you check your dignity at the door. Tim White pulled out a rifle and they are pretending he's committing suicide. A gunshot went off. You could hear the crowd booing the hell out of this. Wow, was that ever awful. This almost single handledly ruined what has been a good show so far.

Juventud vs. Kid Kash is next. Kash won the title after a brainbuster after Juventud missed a somersault legdrop off the top rope. This was one of the best matches you'll ever see a crowd crap on in history. They worked stiff, Kash did a hell of a job in controlling things, and the people were dead. About the only noise was "end this match" after a few minutes, "boring" after Juventud did a dive and booing every near fall being kicked out of because it wasn't over. This match would have torn the house down at a TNA show.

This year's Royal Rumble commercials are the McMahons as ancient Romans. Bizarre but kind of funny.

Batista & Mysterio vs. Show & Kane is next. Kane pinned Mysterio clean with a choke slam in a short match. This made no sense on many levels, particularly since Batista & Mysterio have something special as a team.

Since the Benoit match ended, this has kind of sucked.

Undertaker goes over in the main event. This booking is maddening. I still think they will push Orton towards the title at Mania anyway with the idea that he took Taker to the limit or something of that nature. Why did Undertaker need to go over? Is he working Batista at the Rumble?