Pro Wrestling Only

Tag Teams Back Again Episode 15: GWE Top 25 Sell Out Special!

https://soundcloud.com/jerryvonkramer/tag-teams-back-again-episode-15-gwe-top-25-sell-out-special (PTBN link to follow)

23jljr4.png

Kelly and Marty jump on the GWE bandwagon and somehow talk for 4 hours and 40 minutes on only their top 25 wrestlers ever. Foolishly they thought they would also have time to run down their top 25 tag teams as well. (haha...next time we promise!) So GWE junkies, here's another dose to feed your addiction!

First, how the hell did people talk about 100 wrestlers! Just 25 was insane. This was so much fun. I am still wired from this podcast. Really got me going! Probably my favorite podcast that I have ever done besides the BrainBuster with Parv, which was hilarious.

Thanks, Woof! Happy not to be the high vote on HBK.

Glad you like it too, WIngedEagle. I was afraid that people would be intimidated by the long times, but I guess people have been conditioned here by other wicked long podcast so happy people are listening.

Loved the Savage/Liger picture goes well with Kelly's War Against Japan. Just kidding, Kelly, I know you like Japan especially All Star Early 80s All Japan.

First, how the hell did people talk about 100 wrestlers! Just 25 was insane. This was so much fun. I am still wired from this podcast. Really got me going! Probably my favorite podcast that I have ever done besides the BrainBuster with Parv, which was hilarious.

Glad you like it too, WIngedEagle. I was afraid that people would be intimidated by the long times, but I guess people have been conditioned here by other wicked long podcast so happy people are listening.

Loved the Savage/Liger picture goes well with Kelly's War Against Japan. Just kidding, Kelly, I know you like Japan especially All Star Early 80s All Japan.

Can't lie, seeing a podcast that long is a huge buzzkill. Just need to be prepared to make dents and get through it in time. But loving it so far. Makes the commute and traffic a whole lot more tolerable.

Can't lie, seeing a podcast that long is a huge buzzkill. Just need to be prepared to make dents and get through it in time. But loving it so far. Makes the commute and traffic a whole lot more tolerable.

Oh believe me it's a buzz kill for me as well. Going in to this I wanted it to be the "concise" GWE pod. Silly me

See, I'm the opposite. I LOVE the mega-length pods. My morning has been flying by at work with you guys in my ear.

Marty's Cena rant was EPIC. Topped even the Michaels one. I'm almost afraid to see where he goes with the rest. Lovin' it.

Oh believe me it's a buzz kill for me as well. Going in to this I wanted it to be the "concise" GWE pod. Silly me

Ha I bet. Absolutely no clue how you guys block out that much time. A huge help is also listening at 2x speed. Don't lose anything but helps you churn through material a bit quicker. 3x sounds like listening to a cartoon though. Just can't go that far.

See, I'm the opposite. I LOVE the mega-length pods. My morning has been flying by at work with you guys in my ear.

Marty's Cena rant was EPIC. Topped even the Michaels one. I'm almost afraid to see where he goes with the rest. Lovin' it.

I'll be honest, I was blowed up after that. I don't think anything afterwards comes as close. By far my favorite of my rants, glad you loved it!

I had a great time doing this with Sleeze but by the end I was running on fumes and basically playing the "check out this podcast for my views on this guy" card quite a bit

Come on, Tim and I did 5.5 hours straight on our top 50 with energy to spare! Another reason Toronto is better than Vancouver folks!

I had a great time doing this with Sleeze but by the end I was running on fumes and basically playing the "check out this podcast for my views on this guy" card quite a bit

Come on, Tim and I did 5.5 hours straight on our top 50 with energy to spare! Another reason Toronto is better than Vancouver folks!

Canuck-on-Canuck crime. Ouch.

After basically shouting at Kelly to ensure he got this up before he went to bed, I then somehow fell asleep after 1:36. So still three hours to go.

A few things so far:

- I really liked Marty's take on Morton vs. Flair. Just a great mini-review of that match. He has some memorable turns of phrase.

- Another good soundbite was him talking about the "five pillars" and Akiyama. I think off the strength of that, if and when we ever get to AJ excite season 2, I might push for a special to watch that whole debut episode of NOAH you talk about. Sounds of tremendous interest to me.

- Kelly's #17 is pretty shocking to me, even knowing him and his tastes as well as I do. That vote is so high for that guy that if it was anonymous it might trigger as House of Un-GWE Activities investigation!

And here's the counter for every single thing he said.

crxQUfC.jpg

I honestly don't get this. How does the curtain call effect his reputation as a performer?

I don't dispute the claims that Michaels was a giant dick, but if you're using that as a catch-all for discrediting his candidacy for the GWE then I'm at a total loss as to what we're even trying to accomplish with it. Not that I wasn't more than a little confused to begin with.

And here's the counter for every single thing he said.crxQUfC.jpg

I honestly don't get this. How does the curtain call effect his reputation as a performer?

I don't dispute the claims that Michaels was a giant dick, but if you're using that as a catch-all for discrediting his candidacy for the GWE then I'm at a total loss as to what we're even trying to accomplish with it. Not that I wasn't more than a little confused to begin with.

Because it massively exposed the business and took place in the middle of the ring and therefore was actually part of what fans saw?

I hold Shawn directly responsible for many turns for the worse that wrestling too. WWE Main event style, breaking kayfabe, worked shoot promos, and so on.

Also, unprofessionalism is and should be held against other candidates. Bruiser Brody, for example, or Mil Mascaras. Those guys were dicks and that dickishness did affect their work and it IS held against them. I hold unprofessionalism against Shawn.

He was #48 on my list I think.

Fair enough. I guess I was just reading it in my head as:

Marty: He had great matches!
JvK: Curtain call.

Marty: He was wicked charismatic!

Marty: DX was the most heelish thing ever!

...which was annoying.