Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV April 18-24

GOTNW

Tonight I will see the wrestling messiah, the 120th GWE Triple H live for the first time. He is on the main event. Did he work hard on house show ? I expect he delivers the same match as in Toronto.

Gonna see Owens vs Zayn and AJ Styles for the first time also. It would be a fun night.

Are you in Paris? How was Owens/HHH vs Zayn/Ambrose??

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dean Ambrose is so over with the kids !!

Ziggler/Miz was a fun opener - it might be the alcoohol but I think Ziggler sells the wrong leg one time... Also the two works too light.

Alberto squashs Sandow but was beat by Fandango (they were people doing the Fandango dance).

Lana is stunning ! 8 women tag - I love that Lana doesn't take bumps. Paige was over.

Aj Styles live is amazing. Jericho is really good for working the crowd. Some comedy at the start of the match then the usual business from the two but no blown spot. A good match live.

BIG SHOW IS SO OVER !! Everytime I see him, the French crowd loves him. Kane was not in the best position (to take Undertaker spot) but he was fine.

I tried to launch some Feed Me More chants but I failed miserably. The little girl next to me was a Ryback fan at the end of the match so good work from my part.

Then, they announced the main event - a tag match. KO/Hunter vs Zayn/Ambrose. HHH entrance was good, I was the only maniac booing him. I don't care for KO's schtick but he was funny cheerleadering Hunter. Zayn was a good FIP. Hunter was not the central man of the match so he was good for his cut off (Spinebuster then High Knee later). The crowd popped huge for Ambrose hot tag.

It was a fun night, maybe the best house show I ever did, and I bought a AJ shirt that I will never wear (until next time). The fans I talked were only marks but it was fun to talk to them.

Swagger tweeted about tonight being his last night.

Young enough, talented enough to get a job in Japan?

To me, an admittedly unknowledgable US-only fan, I hear people say that Prince Albert and Festus were awesome in Japan and revitalized their careers, etc. and I look at Swagger and say, if you compared Swagger's WWE work to what Albert did in WWE before he left, Swagger going to Japan should turn him into an absolute mega-star. Again, haven't seen a lick of Albert's work overseas, but in WWE, he was generally unwatchable to me, the kind of guy I turned the TV off to avoid. Swagger, on the other hand, has had moments (albeit brief and inconsistently) when he's been really good and fun to watch (initial ECW run, that one RAW match against Cena, tags with Cesaro, feud with Rusev). I won't talk Festus/Luke Gallows cuz I didn't watch much of his first WWE run, but still, Swagger could be a good get for Japan, right?

Also, anyone theorizing that maybe there's some roster trading going on? Maybe a gentlemen's agreement between NJPW and WWE? Again, incredibly unknowledgable here, but just thought I'd pose the question as someone who really doesn't know (is NJPW even the organization in question?).

Turns out there's nothing to the Swagger rumors after all. He was just tweeting about the last day of the tour. But I agree: he'd go over gangbusters in Japan. Even looks like one of those Street Fighter/Saturday Night Slam Masters characters.