Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV April 18-24

GOTNW

The reason everything feels so stagnant and uninspired is because they'd just rather go the lazy route of booking endless rematches and letting these guys wrestle for 15 minutes every week. If they'd build these guys as CHARACTERS, then they wouldn't have to go out there and practically kill themselves every 7 days - in desperate hopes of maintaining their momentum and garnering SOME kind of reaction.

Agreed 100%. But when Vince Russo says the same thing, and he has many times, he's derided mercilessly. Everything about his style is outdated and stuck in the '90s, but he's never been wrong about character building. Obviously, some of his characters left a lot to be desired ("Fat Chick Thriller/That '70s Guy," etc.) but at least he tried to give everyone - including the friggin' Jerry Flynns of the world - something to do. That's sorely missing today. When I remember and care more about Major Gunns than the majority of the characters in WWE today, you know something's wrong

I'm not calling for Russo-themed crash TV or anything, but yeah. Some character development would be welcome at this stage.

Imagine a Sami Zayn or a Cesaro interview that would help to flesh out their backgrounds and their motivations a bit. It doesn't take an abundance of creativity to sit down with the guy, shed some light on his history and his upbringing, and let the guy SPEAK to the people. I'm thinking something as simple as the sit-down interview they had with JR and Foley back in '97. That shit still WORKS.

On the other hand, I understand that they probably value the system as it is now. In this case, everything & everyone is absolutely interchangeable. At the drop of a hat, they could replace almost anyone with something else.

Neville goes down with an injury? Oh well. Slide Sami Zayn into that spot. Cesaro gets hurt again? Move Ryder on over for a month or two. Maybe, at their most desperate of times, they'll call up someone from NXT ahead of schedule. But the point is that they seem to be okay with things as they stand. So long as they've got a bunch of interchangeable parts on the shelf - ready to plug and go at any time - then all's fine and well.

It's reached a point where nobody and nothing is extraordinarily over, but that doesn't seem to phase them. Because everyone is just mildly over enough to be acceptable and keep things moving along. It's like they'll gladly pass up the option to be extraordinary, if it just means they can remain perpetually ordinary.

And that's truly the dirt worst strategy to employ. Because yeah. While it's the safest stance they could possibly take, it's also the laziest and the least inspired approach imaginable.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I saw that on twitter and it is the greatest pic of all time. I don't feel like going to the normal awful wrestling places but I am positive there are quite a few smark tears over that pic because "How could the top babyface think that is ok!?"

Yea I don't think it's shopped, I think she specifically had it made to get him take a picture with it at Axcess.

Either way, it's absolutely glorious.

Anyway, not sure if this deserves its own thread. Split it off if it does.

Adam Rose responds to his suspension:

I was not going to respond to my suspension but I feel I have to. I have two sons that will one day read that news about there daddy and a sister that died from complications related to a life long battle with heroin.

So I feel the absolute need and right to respond and let the truth be known.

I am pretty sure this response will meet nowhere near the publicity that my suspension did and that this response is tantamount to career suicide.

But I feel for my sons my sister and rest of my family... you the Wwe universe have the right to the know the truth over my suspension and what it was for.

I will also quote my Dr in my response as he was as shocked and appalled by this suspension.

I can say right now I did not do anything knowingly wrong and was taking prescribed medication that my Dr and I followed all the correct protocol on.

My actual response and Doctors response will be coming soon. So before you judge, know the facts.

My family and I are still collecting ourselves from this blow. I have zero anger or animosity against the WWE. But feel the administrators over the WWE Welnness policy were just simply not right in taking this action.

But I feel facts are the facts and my family and I will will be the ones putting our lives back together after this mess.

My response will be up soon along with my Doctors.

https://twitter.com/WWEAdamRose/status/722871253384740864

Yea I saw that on twitter and it is the greatest pic of all time. I don't feel like going to the normal awful wrestling places but I am positive there are quite a few smark tears over that pic because "How could the top babyface think that is ok!?"

If he's going heel or even tweener, yes it's great. If he's staying babyface (and the stubbornness of the last two years suggest he probably is) then it's stupid since it's just actively pissing off the most vocal portion of your fanbase and working against the supposed goal of making him the #1 good guy.

Someone watch this so I don't have to?

I think ultimately this is match that if you read a play-by-play account it would come off better than it was in reality. The overarching narrative is that Dean will sink just as low as Triple H to accomplish his goals which starts with a series of eye pokes early in the contest and culminates with a exchange of low blows going into the finish. They also feature a call back to the Roadblock match finish where Dean barely gets into the ring to avoid a count out and Hunter goes right to the pedigree. All in all from a lay out perspective, I think the match was constructed well (although the headlock as a control tool for Dean is ill fitting). The issue is one of execution as Triple H especially seems almost casual doing certain things like side side stepping a corner charge or tossing Ambrose out of the ring. It keeps gear of the match too low to pull off a vibe that would work with Dean being frantic and keeping Hunter off balance.

I don't think Matt should watch it.

Tip to fan cam guys. No one wants to see you and your friends, keep the camera on the action. Keep the ring in frame.

Someone watch this so I don't have to?

I think ultimately this is match that if you read a play-by-play account it would come off better than it was in reality. The overarching narrative is that Dean will sink just as low as Triple H to accomplish his goals which starts with a series of eye pokes early in the contest and culminates with a exchange of low blows going into the finish. They also feature a call back to the Roadblock match finish where Dean barely gets into the ring to avoid a count out and Hunter goes right to the pedigree. All in all from a lay out perspective, I think the match was constructed well (although the headlock as a control tool for Dean is ill fitting). The issue is one of execution as Triple H especially seems almost casual doing certain things like side side stepping a corner charge or tossing Ambrose out of the ring. It keeps gear of the match too low to pull off a vibe that would work with Dean being frantic and keeping Hunter off balance.

I don't think Matt should watch it.

Tip to fan cam guys. No one wants to see you and your friends, keep the camera on the action. Keep the ring in frame.

I feel like this should be an alternative to star ratings. "Should Matt watch it or not?"

Thanks.

If he's going heel or even tweener, yes it's great. If he's staying babyface (and the stubbornness of the last two years suggest he probably is) then it's stupid since it's just actively pissing off the most vocal portion of your fanbase and working against the supposed goal of making him the #1 good guy.

Crybabies are going to cry regardless, who cares?

And I'm wondering how ANYONE thinks that's a real cup in that photo? Or that Reigns would legitimately use a cup like that at a convention auto session table in the first place? Or ANYONE to use something that wasn't provided for by the people running the tables?

And I'm wondering how ANYONE thinks that's a real cup in that photo? Or that Reigns would legitimately use a cup like that at a convention auto session table in the first place? Or ANYONE to use something that wasn't provided for by the people running the tables?

Ok then if it's photoshop why is he posing for the picture like that in the first place?

Ok then if it's photoshop why is he posing for the picture like that in the first place?

My guess, it wasn't a pose, its a camera that is going quickly as he's quickly sipping before setting for the pic. Its not the actual picture the fan wanted.

Okay, I'm wrong, turns out its a stunt by the woman. He probably assumed it wasn't going to go as viral as it did and was a gag for her.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2016/4/19/11459992/roman-reigns-drinking-smark-tears-new-favorite-wrestling-meme

Based on her timeline and the lengthy discussion beneath the original picture, Susie's a big fan of Romey, and brought the cup to Dallas for the pic. So no photo-manipulation (outside the strategically placed watermark with her handle), that's the Big Dog intently enjoying a piping hot mug of "smark tears".

Go forth and share.

Tonight I will see the wrestling messiah, the 120th GWE Triple H live for the first time. He is on the main event. Did he work hard on house show ? I expect he delivers the same match as in Toronto.

Gonna see Owens vs Zayn and AJ Styles for the first time also. It would be a fun night.