Pro Wrestling Only

Jerry Lawler booked for domestic violence

Lust Hogan

http://www.pwtorch.com/site/2016/06/17/jerry-lawler-fiancee-arrested-early-friday-morning/

http://www.pwtorch.com/site/2016/06/17/wwe-announces-jerry-lawler-suspended-indefinitely/

I meant to say assault. Apparently Lawler and his fiancée got into it and have different versions of the story. He's also been suspended indefinitely by WWE.

The "guilty until proven innocent" viewpoint being floated around in this thread is bullshit. I'll point out that not only are Lawler's and his spouse's totally different, but the police at least saw enough credibility in Lawler to arrest her as well.

The "guilty until proven innocent" viewpoint being floated around in this thread is bullshit. I'll point out that not only are Lawler's and his spouse's totally different, but the police at least saw enough credibility in Lawler to arrest her as well.

Agreed! This is by far the most embarrassing thread I've ever seen on PWO.

If he laid his hands on a woman, absolutely, that's horrible and indefensible.

However, if he in fact stopped her from driving drunk, then he's a hero who possibly saved innocent lives.

It's well-known that Jerry doesn't drink alcohol but does have poor taste in women.

If it's true that she was intoxicated during the CMA Awards last week and got into a fistfight with her aunt (Wrestling Inc.), he should've dumped her right then and there. But love is blind.

A tragic situation all around, but most of the posters here are only concerned about his commentary career and happily celebrating its demise. Never mind the real issue here. That isn't important, right?

Pathetic!

Since both were taken to the hospital, I don't think there's any need for an italicized, bolded, IF there.

As far as being upset about people here focusing on his commentary career, it's a pro wrestling board. It's the same as football fans wondering if a player's arrest is going to affect the team. Hell, this is PWO, I'm surprised there's no one wondering if this changes his position in the GWE standings.

Hell, this is PWO, I'm surprised there's no one wondering if this changes his position in the GWE standings.

Okay, I have to admit, this made me laugh. :D

Edit:

Since both were taken to the hospital, I don't think there's any need for an italicized, bolded, IF there.

I somehow missed this part in the news story. Yeah, that sounds bad. :\ Really hope he just forcibly restrained her to prevent her from driving drunk.

I must have missed the post where someone said anything about Lawler being guilty. (although yeah, a 39 years old gap is pushing on the creepy side to me, which is why the whole "possessive" thing was funny to me, but that's another matter, although it's still totally Lawler)

It's well-known that Jerry doesn't drink alcohol but does have poor taste in women.

You mean only dating women that are at least 20 years younger than him ? Indeed, kinda poor taste.

However, if he in fact stopped her from driving drunk, then he's a hero who possibly saved innocent lives.

Well, I take that for myself then. I'm a multiple time hero, as I had to do that *a lot* a few years ago. Then again, no, I don't feel like I'm a hero. It's just called acting responsibly. Which, if that was the case, kudos to him, because it's not always easy, believe me (but then again, taken to the hospital ? Hum... he's a big guy, he can prevent some woman to drive drunk without getting too physical I would think).

You mean only dating women that are at least 20 years younger than him ? Indeed, kinda poor taste.

Well, that and many other reasons. In addition to dating women young enough to be his daughter or even granddaughter at this point, he seems to pick real head-cases. Ms. Kitty/The Kat and now this drunken child girlfriend of his.

Well, I take that for myself then. I'm a multiple time hero, as I had to do that *a lot* a few years ago. Then again, no, I don't feel like I'm a hero. It's just called acting responsibly. Which, if that was the case, kudos to him, because it's not always easy, believe me.

I'm sure the lives you potentially saved would consider you heroic, even if they'll never know what you did.

Maybe the fact these women date a guy old enough to be their father and/or grandfather is telling too, yes.

I'm sure the lives you potentially saved would consider you heroic, even if they'll never know what you did.

The main reason I was always doing it (yes, always implies = often) was that she has a daughter, and at some point even though you're sick and tired of having to fight, you just have to do it if only for that reason alone. It gets amazingly draining, physically and mentally. But anyway, those days are long gone, thankfully.

Maybe the fact these women date a guy old enough to be their father and/or grandfather is telling too, yes.

I know of instances where a "May-December romance" have worked, but those are rare. And the couple I'm thinking of (no one famous) didn't get together when the female was barely out of her teens, like The Kat (not sure about this latest one).

The main reason I was always doing it (yes, always implies = often) was that she has a daughter, and at some point even though you're sick and tired of having to fight, you just have to do it if only for that reason alone. It gets amazingly draining, physically and mentally. But anyway, those days are long gone, thankfully.

Hopefully things are okay with her and her daughter now. You did a good thing there, but I imagine how exhausting it must have been doing it again and again.

Also it's hard to have sympathy for a guy who got away with having sex with a 13 year old by intimidating a 14 year old witness, There's likely scores of others too who never even got to the judicial stage since he was the King of Memphis.

Hopefully things are okay with her and her daughter now. You did a good thing there, but I imagine how exhausting it must have been doing it again and again.

Thanks. Yeah, things finally got better a few years ago, everything is fine now (and I'm not with this person anymore anyway). But yeah, it can drive you insane. Literally hours of fighting until she just falls down and finally sleeps.

To be fair, no one should be forced to sit through a country music awards show sober.

We have a winner !

Geez, you guys, country's not my favorite either, but does listening to it really excuse a restless fistfight with your aunt! :P

I got no beef with country music. It's the endless number of awards shows they have for it.

Damn it, I meant to say reckless, not restless. I corrected my post.