Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Battleground

BigBadMick

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very fun trios. I missed the women’s opener, but this and the pre-show match have this looking like one of those good sleeper PPVs. Bray was savage with the lariats and Sister Abigail here. The rise of Kenta Woodsbashi at the end was surprisingly envigorating, and Big E looked great until he implant Ganzo Bombed himself on the floor with that crazy dive that he always kills himself on. I even liked the Kofi FIP spots and Rowan casually stepping on Woods’ chest.

Felt like “just” a portfolio builder for Rusev, but a good one. Ryder is fine in these moments, and while we’ll now get more midcard wheel spinning from Rusev-Mojo, I’m actually fine with Rusev as your perennial king of the midcard, even if I think more could be done with him. But saying “more could be done with him” in WWE is like acknowledging that he lives and breathes. The added torque on Rusev's finisher has given him new life.

With WWE's injury issues, especially concerning the head and neck areas, the fact that someone didn't force Big E to stop doing that crazy dive MONTHS ago is baffling. Reading what people are saying about the one tonight and that's at least the 3rd time on a major show where he did that move and landed horribly.

I enjoyed how pro-Owens this crowd was. I haven't liked either guy in recent months, but this was very good. Don’t know how legit the Zayn injury was, but that dive looked crazy and it’s a testament to them that it at least seemed believable in the moment. Most indie-tastic finish in a while with all of the 2,9 finishers, but they were well done and the crowd loved it. The match peaked in its last two minutes, and they decisively finished the feud. Highlight was the exchange of giant slaps to the face. Their best showing in the company together - way beyond the listless 4-way stuff with Miz and Cesaro - and probably the best match either guy’s had since their respective Cena matches. Or at least since the Rumble's Ambrose-Owens LMS that I dug (and lots of other folks seemed to dislike).

I've been rather underwhelmed by Zayn/Owens this year but that was a hell of a match. The brawling section up to the botch was intense, they didn't just start throwing bombs. And the finishing stretch wasn't just finisher spam - I loved Sami's simple rope break on the power bomb, and he didn't even try a pin on the first helluva kick.

I enjoyed how pro-Owens this crowd was. I haven't liked either guy in recent months, but this was very good. Don’t know how legit the Zayn injury was, but that dive looked crazy and it’s a testament to them that it at least seemed believable in the moment.

I keep going back and forth on this. On one hand it sure looked like a botch, and he didn't sell like a "fake" wrestling injury - he kept throwing rights and trying to shake it off, like he pinched a nerve or something. But on the other Owens went right to work on that arm and Cole kept mentioning his previous shoulder injuries.