Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Battleground

BigBadMick

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lynch-Nattie was solid (probably better than I’m giving it, but a match built around control work and jockeying for leglocks felt like an interlude on this show, which in terms of tempo on this show may not be a bad thing). But the real stories here are Dean Ambrose: Ironic Comedy Champion, Bryan’s fired-up promo, and Darren Young’s theme song being a series of grunted Bob Backlund expressions.

Loved Nattie/Becky! Best main roster women's match of the year! Awesome transition to hear. Nattie worked great heat, Beckys selling impeccable and hope spots great. Awesome progression to finish! My favorite match of the night!

Wow. Glad you enjoyed it but just didn't connect here at all. Logic was sound but I didn't find Nattie's work on the leg compelling and Lynch even stopped selling it for a while until the finish. Card placement didn't help but this was a real disappointment. What did I miss??

Wow they are absolutely in love with apron spots tonight.

I thought this as well, and it seemed noticeable that the announcers didn't even bother to call Young's, as an acknowledgment of, "Yeah, some other guys beat you to it." Such things often get labeled as bad agent work, but I suspect it's more just that dudes start thinking of something new-ish as a transitional move and everyone starts half-consciously mimicking it.

Typical WWE move to have Darren Young steal indie up-and-comer Marty Skurll’s finisher.

Loved Nattie/Becky! Best main roster women's match of the year! Awesome transition to hear. Nattie worked great heat, Beckys selling impeccable and hope spots great. Awesome progression to finish! My favorite match of the night!

Wow. Glad you enjoyed it but just didn't connect here at all. Logic was sound but I didn't find Nattie's work on the leg compelling and Lynch even stopped selling it for a while until the finish. Card placement didn't help but this was a real disappointment. What did I miss??

I thought Becky sold well throughout. I loved Natties finish kicking the leg through refs leg then Sharpshooter. Maybe rewatch sometime. I got it at ****. Besides Becky/Charlotte at Rumble and the MANIA triple threat which I also have ****. What's been better on main roster?

I thought Becky sold well throughout. I loved Natties finish kicking the leg through refs leg then Sharpshooter. Maybe rewatch sometime. I got it at ****. Besides Becky/Charlotte at Rumble and the MANIA triple threat which I also have ****. What's been better on main roster?

The opener.

The opener.

A solid tag match that perfectly executed Booking 101, but no great shakes. It was double FIP with the logical finish. Hardly the makings of a great match.

On big shows, I liked Natalya/Charlotte from Roadblock and the tag opener tonight. Sasha & Becky vs. Naomi & Tamina from Fastlane as well. Would have to look up a lot from TV to see what fits there.

Edit: Of course the 2 you mentioned as well.

How weird is Cena’s life that he has to work this match, then fly to New York to host the Today Show for summer reading segments with Savannah and Hota? Also: why are both of these trios being broken up? This feud could run six more months just by treading water on what they’re already doing. The promo work from Enzo and Cass feels so much like what actually gets over with casual fans, sells merch, etc. I’ll be curious to see if it works.

Enzo’s flying DDT on Anderson was deranged. Lots of really good action throughout, even if Cena on the periphery felt weird, even as the finish was his. Not the best Cena/Club match by any means, but a solid way to continue their run and push it into Summerslam.