Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Battleground

BigBadMick

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jericho going to a video package by abruptly saying, “Play the tape, monkeys!” got a laugh out of me. Probably ‘cause I like monkeys. I also liked Ryder looking like a better dressed version of Shane backstage in the SD locker room. Ryder as “dress for the job you want” trying too hard perma-associate is a smart nuance to his desperate character.

Can Ambrose hit offense anymore? I have not seen someone so offensively inept this side of Kofi Kingston. He remains over and great at selling. When you are a babyface that is all you need, but God his offense sucks. Reigns vs Rusev for the US Title!!! PLEASE! Did not expect the finish at all. El Dragon is right it is the right move because it makes Steph, a heel, look bad for betting against Ambrose.

Good show with the first half being better than the second half. Zayn/KO was motn with probably the opening tag or Rusev/Ryder being next. I thought the main was ok, and the Cena, Cass & Enzo/Club six man peaked with the pre match promo. I thought Nattie stunk it up with her hammy acting, and felt bad for Becky having to job to someone she's 10 times better than. Also WTF at that Miz/Young finish.

The Miz has been involved in many confusing finishes recently. This one was no different. And did Maryse knock a tooth off Bob Backlund with that slap?

Anyway, pleasantly surprised with how they booked the WWE Championship match tonight. Maybe they value Dean Ambrose as a top star after all.

And man, Kevin Owens vs Sami Zayn ruled tonight. Everything I expected and more!

They do not give a shit about timing their shows anymore. Do these still air on conventional PPV?

No one cares about coventional PPV anymore besides UFC and boxing.

There are still rural areas of the country that don't have the minimum internet requirements to run the network and rely on PPV. IIRC many of the PPV providers dropped the non-Big Four PPV's. For those that didn't I'm just wondering what they do in this case.

I have half an hour to watch now and turned it on for the frigging Orton segment? Screw this. I'm watching JYD/Duggan vs the Russians

Well aren't you special.

Thanks for noticing Johnny. In this case, I think I am.

I had so little time last night because I was taking care of my family. Wife and 4 year old had a late nap, so I ended up doing the weekly food shopping and was out doing that when the PPV started. Then the dinner plans were all pushed back so I came up with breakfast for dinner and made waffles and bacon. I did have just enough time to go back and check out Bayley's entrance pop between waffles. Cat puked somewhere in there, so I dealt with that. Then I came back and put the kid to bed, not shortchanging her on a story or anything else. Somewhere in the midst of the bedtime process we had a big water spill, so we took care of that too. And it turned out to be right around 10:30 that I was able to turn the show on, expecting the main.

Did Jericho probably do a good job being annoyingly entertaining? Sure. Was Orton more human than usual? Maybe Was I entitled to them giving me wrestling at that point in a PPV? No. But it's what I wanted at that point. And I figured I could come on here and gripe a bit and express how great it is that we don't have to be spoonfed what they force us in a world that NWAOnDemand exists.

So yeah, thanks Johnny. It's nice to be recognized.